PDA

View Full Version : Prediction... a Garth televised concert

garthcop
11-16-2014, 10:56 AM
Just dreaming, but I wonder if Garth isn't starting off his tour with cities in the North and smaller markets first while he is tweaking his show for some kind of televised special in Dallas like he did in the 90s that made him a household name. He always has the biggest turn out of fans in Dallas and the new Cowboys AT&T stadium (aka..Jerryworld) will hold 100,000 fans or more like it did for the final George Strait concert not to mention the huge screen to see good close ups of him performing.

Steven75407
11-16-2014, 11:29 AM
That would be awesome. I would save Texas for the summer if I were him so I could play the three big stadiums there (AT&T in Arlington, NRG in Houston, and the Alamodome in San Antonio). I can see him sellling out Green Bay's Lambeau Field.

I was surprised that he wasn't at Strait's final extravaganza in June. He has so much respect for Mr. Strait, and while reading the reviews of the show, my only thought was, "Where is Garth Brooks?"

Charles
11-16-2014, 05:45 PM
I like that Garth has been playing arenas and not football stadiums.

As a concert goer , arena shows are just better.

kirkfitz
11-16-2014, 08:20 PM
You have to remember a television special/concert was planned for Ireland. Garth said once that didn't happen, there weren't any plans for a TV special anymore.

If there were to be one in future, look for it during TV sweeps months of November, February, May, or July on whichever network. Honestly, I highly doubt a TV special anytime soon, maybe around the time of his 2015 album but just have to see how the next year goes. As far as location of show, I don't think he really is too concerned about size of venue for a special... cameras can make it look as small or as big as he wants it to be...

garthcop
11-16-2014, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I didn't say anytime soon. But eventually. NBC and CBS have been more than happy to accomodate him as they have the highest tv ratings on the night they have one of his concerts. Sweeps definitely makes sense. Specially for the 2015 album. He said in his press conference in the summer that he recorded a song that rivals the dance. I bet that is on the next album and may be something he is really big about promoting.

He was also speaking from a point of extreme frustration about the Ireland stuff.

RandyZie
11-16-2014, 11:08 PM
"song that rivals the dance"

It's Mom

darkcountry
11-16-2014, 11:32 PM
"song that rivals the dance"

It's Mom

This over hyped statement needs to go away. On iTunes I had it shuffling through Garth songs and Mom and The Dance played back to back. Mom was cute, but The Dance sucker punched me like it always does. Mom doesn't come into the same zip code as The Dance.

Skywise
11-16-2014, 11:45 PM
ehh it's not really a comparison that's fair (dance vs mom) unless s you're talking about both being ballads, etc..

songwriting wise- both are great
musically, both are great
both sound awesome as solo acoustic performances...

I don't think it's overhyped- to a fault, like a lot of other garth stuff, I think it's honest.. to him..

I've heard him say though that the dance is still his favorite song..

RandyZie
11-17-2014, 01:38 AM
This over hyped statement needs to go away. On iTunes I had it shuffling through Garth songs and Mom and The Dance played back to back. Mom was cute, but The Dance sucker punched me like it always does. Mom doesn't come into the same zip code as The Dance.

Uh...It's not my words, so don't attack the messenger.

darkcountry
11-17-2014, 01:55 AM
Uh...It's not my words, so don't attack the messenger.

I'm sorry if you felt like that was an attack.

YouSoundBitter
11-17-2014, 03:29 AM
Why worry about other peoples words then? This day and age, everyone is a blogger and voices their opinions, going around quoting them like it means anything will drive you crazy! LOL

I can see where it would mean as much or a little more to GB since he was/is/always will be a momma's boy. I for one know, that when my mom passes, I will NOT be able to listen to MOM anymore, and that, is where the power of this song is, IMO.

garthcop
11-17-2014, 08:30 AM
I don't see it being 'Mom'. But maybe it is to Garth.

kirkfitz
11-17-2014, 10:11 AM
I don't see it being 'Mom'. But maybe it is to Garth.

Garth has discussed "Mom" in countless interviews over the last week and half as the song to rival "The Dance."

kirkfitz
11-17-2014, 10:14 AM

So agree. If a song is to be a classic, it will be in its own due course. It doesn't become a classic/hit by being marketed and over hyped

gbroadtrip
11-17-2014, 11:11 AM
Remember the stage and lighting etc, these were all different on the Ireland, NY, and Texas specials from the 90's ... the arena show that he's designed for his current setup for is MUCH different then what he would bring to a big stadium show or outdoor show.

Just my two cents...

Shannon

Garth_FANtasizer
11-17-2014, 07:13 PM
Lets be fair here... Garth said "For Him" it MAY rival the Dance.. Not for everyone! or even anyone, but for HIM it does! If it does for you, Great and if it doesn't then okay, no biggie, but it certainly will have a place with the special songs that touch everyone! IMO only!

~Ann~

Brett Dale
11-17-2014, 09:48 PM
There will be a tv special, take a look at this interview with Oklahoma tv, during it, they show footage from this current tour, which
looks 100% like it was filmed for a TV special.

http://kwtv.videodownload.worldnow.com/KWTV_20141117190054923AA.mp4

RandyZie
11-17-2014, 10:28 PM
I caught that footage earlier also, looked very good! Issue I have is: how would they put it together? He's wearing different clothes and their is different atmosphere at every show. Can't really splice them all together really, can they? Seems like it's just footage to use as promotion, maybe at the end of the tour he'll release dvd with footage from all the cities? Kind of a thank you for making the tour a huge success.

nyyankfanken
11-17-2014, 10:52 PM
Another new hat! Wish they would hurry up with some online merchandise!

gbroadtrip
11-17-2014, 10:54 PM
The bit at about 45 seconds in... where Garth goes thru a stage curtain looks like a TV / commercial spot I saw today from Walmart advertising the new album

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7sKQ/garth-brooks-man-against-machine

kirkfitz
11-17-2014, 11:10 PM
Yeah, I was too was thinking more of a promotional piece/advertisement... probably available to the media as stock video for using in an interview piece etc. No TV special would even be close to be being completed far enough to show a clip by now nor being showing any of it without promotion of it.

garthcop
11-17-2014, 11:35 PM
Lets be fair here... Garth said "For Him" it MAY rival the Dance.. Not for everyone! or even anyone, but for HIM it does! If it does for you, Great and if it doesn't then okay, no biggie, but it certainly will have a place with the special songs that touch everyone! IMO only!

~Ann~

Let's be real though. He was trying to sell it like it will be The Dance for everyone.

garthcop
11-17-2014, 11:46 PM
But surely it's another #1 hit for him and will help get country music headed back into a more meaningful direction.

Garthmedic
11-18-2014, 12:13 AM
and will help get country music headed back into a more meaningful direction.

Sadly, I doubt that.

Performers have copied his show, but nobody has come close to his music.