PDA

View Full Version : PG guessing contest :)

Garthmedic
11-15-2014, 12:49 AM
Tell me as much as you can remember or know about this picture. I am looking for 4 specific things in your answer.

The first person to correctly guess the 4 SPECIFIC facts surrounding this picture will receive a new, sealed Garth Brooks- The Entertainer boxed set in the mail :)

If you already have the set, then you can refuse and I will put up another contest soon. :)

I will be watching this thread closely every day. I won't say anything until all 4 facts are revealed by a poster.

--spud--:)3963

darkcountry
11-15-2014, 01:55 AM
1996 AMA Awards won artist of the year. It was the 23rd annual AMA awards. However, he refused the award. He said, ""Without any disrespect for the American Music Awards and without any disrespect for the people who voted, for all the people who should be honored I'm gonna leave it right here." Him leaving the award behind was how the show ended. He tied the Eagles that night as the biggest winner with 3 awards. The two awards he did accept was Favorite Male Country Artist and for Album "Hits". At the show he performed, The Change and included the images of the Oklahoma City Bombing which was well received by critics as a heartfelt performance.

Skywise
11-15-2014, 11:58 AM
if memory serves, what wasn't said was that Garth through Hootie and the blowfish were far more deserving. Garth thought they should have won..

speech was: "so you'll know right off the bat... I cannot agree with this. Music is made up of a lot of people and if we're one artist short, then we all become a lesser music. So without any disrespect to the american music awards, and without any disrespect to any fans who voted... for all the people who should be honored with this award.. I'm gonna leave it right here.. thank you very much"

darkcountry
11-15-2014, 02:16 PM
I guess to add he did leave the award on the podium, Neil Diamond was the presenter. It was for "Favorite Artist of the year". It was a fan voted award. But he did mention that he didn't mean disrespect to the fans or the American Music Awards. I had that wrong. Sorry. lol The date was January 29, 1996. Backstage he did say he thought Hootie & The Blowfish should have won. Darius said years later he never got the trophy. Jeff Foxworthy and Sinbad were the hosts that year's awards. I can post a video on that site that shouldn't be named too :)

darkcountry
11-15-2014, 02:50 PM
Also the image in the background is from Fresh Horses. I just read in another post you said links to Non Concert video are fine so, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVgK4QnxqCo

Garthmedic
11-15-2014, 03:03 PM
Dark Country got the four points I was looking for on one post.

Year.
Award show
What Garth did
and who he said it should go to.

PM me your info and I will mail it out ASAP. :)

darkcountry
11-15-2014, 03:06 PM
Woo hoo! Thank you so much! I am excited!!!

Skywise
11-15-2014, 04:47 PM
nice!