PDA

View Full Version : Twitter

mbarker
11-11-2014, 08:15 AM
The images have changed on twitter.com/garthbrooks - what will be his first tweet?

darkcountry
11-11-2014, 08:19 AM
Likely a link to the video on his Facebook account https://facebook.com/garthbrooks

Darkness
11-11-2014, 10:34 AM
Annnd his first tweet was a selfie:

https://twitter.com/garthbrooks/status/532194509359046656/photo/1

mbarker
11-11-2014, 10:49 AM
Very curious to see how many followers he has by the end of the day. He was just under 2,000 this morning.

etsuwes
11-11-2014, 10:50 AM
I was number 136 haha

kirkfitz
11-11-2014, 11:37 AM
It is amazing to go to the page, see the #, refresh, and in that time anywhere between 5-10 new followers just in those seconds.

BLL
11-11-2014, 11:57 AM
He was over 7k when I liked him.

Mr_Sevens
11-11-2014, 01:08 PM
Nearing 17k! Go, Garth, go!

I have to say it is SO nice to see him officially on social media and using. His tweets have been great so far.

swecow
11-11-2014, 01:17 PM
Can't post a picture here(have a screenshoot in my phone), but I have to brag a litte about the fact that I was the first one to like Garth's first post on Instagram.......

Adam Fountain
11-11-2014, 05:58 PM
Garth is doing a "twitterview" with Ellen in about an hour. Also...What the hell is a twitterview? And how does it work?

garth76
11-11-2014, 06:52 PM
Garth is doing a "twitterview" with Ellen in about an hour. Also...What the hell is a twitterview? And how does it work?

Excellent question! I've been wondering that since I heard about it!

Mr_Sevens
11-11-2014, 06:56 PM
I'm assuming ellen will interview him via Twitter.

EveryNow&Then
11-11-2014, 08:35 PM
Ok, I saw the one video with the question from Ellen, I can't find any other questions to Garth, especially answered questions. I see his tweets section, I see the tweets & replies section, and I've tried searching #ManAgainstMachine. I don't see the TwitterView or the questions to Garth he is supposedly answering. I'm feeling very old right now (not quite 30). I don't speak hashtag... I know Facebook.

Mr_Sevens
11-11-2014, 09:16 PM
He did a couple of video tweets with Ellen questions and some regular tweets. It wasn't a huge deal. He's been answering fan questions off and all day though. He seems to be getting the hang of it pretty well!

EveryNow&Then
11-11-2014, 09:22 PM
I'm getting the hang of it a little better now. How do I find the questions where he has actually responded though? I see some questions amongst #ManAgainstMachine, but could manage to find a response. Anyway to narrow it down?

RandyZie
11-11-2014, 09:28 PM
Was it streamed or recorded somewhere? I saw a video online that garth never tweeted. He mentioned the tour is 3 years in north America, Canada, and I couldn't understand what other place. Believe it's some city in south america.

adub_IU
11-11-2014, 09:28 PM
I'm getting the hang of it a little better now. How do I find the questions where he has actually responded though? I see some questions amongst #ManAgainstMachine, but could manage to find a response. Anyway to narrow it down?

it might be released by garth or his team in bits or even in full later, but from the looks of it, he was interviewed at the twitter hq. im not sure it was streamed online..so, if he did answer fan questions, the only people who actually heard it were those in attendance, which from the videos and pics i saw, was mainly twitter employees, vips, interns etc. Im hoping they release the entire video...he sang acoustic stuff..simon and garfunkel, james taylor and some of his stuff too.

SteveStrick
11-11-2014, 09:30 PM
So far, he's been doing great on the social media today! It's so exciting to see, and I can't help but imagine this will help his sales of MAM quite a bit! I know I've seen quite a lot of buz about Garth on my facebook feed the last couple of days starting with the cancer patient video and the jump into social media today, where there's usually next to nothing Garth related, so it's nothing but good news as I see it!

adub_IU
11-11-2014, 10:27 PM
ya, like i thought, they are now tweeting out the Q and A responses...good stuff!

RandyZie
11-11-2014, 10:45 PM
Nice, he sold 77 signed CDs, and is now using vine.

What's next...?:D

gbroadtrip
11-11-2014, 10:49 PM
Nice, he sold 77 signed CDs, and is now using vine.

What's next...?:D

Funny that... Was GONE soon after postin!! I saw it about a minute or two in and was out of luck... Oh bother!! :)

Mr_Sevens
11-11-2014, 10:59 PM
Man I hope he sell autographed CDs again! Gonna have to keep on eye on those tweets!

nyyankfanken
11-11-2014, 11:10 PM
Very bummed about the Twitter sell of autographed cds. I was able to get all my information in and then they were sold out on the next step...Hopefully some more down the line.

kirkfitz
11-12-2014, 08:32 PM
I was one of the lucky 77.... no telling what he will do next and all on all the social sites, keep a close eye on them no doubt

RandyZie
11-12-2014, 09:31 PM
Not sure if anyone has checked before, but I've done a few searches for garth brooks in the past on twitter. Normally a few people retweeting a picture with unanswered prayers lyrics from a christian account, or someone mentioning garth playing on the radio. I'd have to wait and refresh to get any new posts.

Now if you check twitter, it's constant updates of people praising him, talking about his tour and praying to see him, and i've seen a bit of album discussion. In the time I wrote this paragraph there was 44+ more tweets.

When ever I check his facebook, I see a post every minute on his wall, and constant comments on his posts.

While he may have took his time joining social media, as long as he stays somewhat active I think it's going to do great for him. No artists draw this praise, or can top what he's given to some of these people.