PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fan Experience Contest

Mr_Sevens
11-13-2013, 11:15 AM
http://straighttalkswitch.com/garth/

The website is up! Looks like a pretty cool contest with a very small entry window.

It also appears that Blame It All On My Roots will not be available until 6pm on Thanksgiving. (Crowds aren't usually bad at that time. At least not around here.)

Skywise
11-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Now my family's def gonna be mad at me as I'll have to drag us by a walmart when we r in San Antonio.... Not convenient!

Lowland_Kid
11-13-2013, 11:40 AM
Wow, cool!

XFER
11-13-2013, 04:24 PM
lol It says "Buy Garth Brooks boxed set" and then a couple lines below: "
No purchase necessary" jajajajaja

Anyway, I don't even have a visa, but would be very cool to win this. XD

Candi<3GB
11-17-2013, 11:30 AM
Yep, this is going to happen. While I am not thrilled about going to Walmart on Thanksgiving, I will gladly be standing in line to get my Garth Box Set.
Honestly, I don't feel too guilty about going to Walmart on Thanksgiving. They're going to be open whether I go or not; might as well take advantage of it. Besides, I have to work on Thanksgiving too.

G&TTreknTech77
11-17-2013, 01:30 PM
When do you all think the Fan Experience show will be? It's obviously after his "last show" that he's filming on the 29th.

bswarms
11-28-2013, 12:29 PM
The terms and conditions for the contest state the show will be on Saturday, January 4, 2014.

http://straighttalkswitch.com/garth/official-rules.php

Lowland_Kid
11-28-2013, 12:36 PM
Right now, I hate that I don't live in the USA!!!

wmcinnis
11-29-2013, 04:58 AM
Right now, I hate that I don't live in the USA!!!

Me too!! :(

YouSoundBitter
11-29-2013, 10:29 AM
There is another contest going on...let's just say, buy lots of copies of it;)

Paula
11-29-2013, 12:51 PM
There is another contest going on...let's just say, buy lots of copies of it;)
Can you fill us in with more details?

Paula

YouSoundBitter
11-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Top 3 selling stores will get a visit by a certain couple:)

Paula
11-29-2013, 06:16 PM
Top 3 selling stores will get a visit by a certain couple:)Well, that will probably leave out some of the stores since some didn't event know about the boxed set.

Paula

gbblvr
12-14-2013, 11:44 PM
Any one hear anything more about this contest?

Skywise
12-14-2013, 11:54 PM
nope.

garth76
12-15-2013, 07:25 PM
Would love to heart something. The drawing was on or about 12/10.

Mr_Sevens
12-15-2013, 09:36 PM
I can't imagine why we'd hear anything. Very rarely do these kind of contests get publicity for the winner. I'm sure it's been dealt with quietly.

Skywise
12-15-2013, 10:15 PM
good point sevens- I remember the 'backyard' concert contest through target- they never announced that winner.... (though honestly, it was a good show- someone recorded it and it made it's way to garth trading circles... ;) )

G&TTreknTech77
12-16-2013, 01:22 AM
It seems like the backyard concert was a vegas show before Vegas. I dug this up from an old post someone made years ago.

"Garth Brooks Fulfills Promise of ``Back Yard Concert;'' Performs for Contest Winners in Mobile, Ala. Entertainment Editors<P>MOBILE, Ala.--(ENTERTAINMENT WIRE)--Dec. 15, 1999--Leave it to Garth Brooks to turn<BR>a back yard concert into a party with over 1500 people! Last night at the Saenger Theatre in Mobile, Ala., Brooks performed a free acoustic show for the winners of his back yard concert contest, along with 1500 of their closest friends and family.<P>Charles Toler/a, a truck driver from Daphne, Ala., held the winning entry in the contest, which ran in connection with the release of Brooks' record-breaking Double Live CD last November. Fans entered a random drawing by completing entry forms at participating retailers, including Wal-Mart and<BR>Kmart. It was actually Toler's 19-year-old granddaughter, Angela, who submitted entry forms for Charles, his wife Betty, and herself in the hope of winning the contest. Scheduling conflicts prevented the concert from being held in the summer, so the Saenger theatre substituted for a back yard. After spending the afternoon with the Tolers and taking them to dinner at a local restaurant, Brooks performed a 90-minute set accompanied by Dave Gant on keyboards and Jimmy Mattingly on fiddle and acoustic guitar. When he took the stage, Brooks apologized saying, "We haven't done a show in a long time, and we don't have the full band, so I'm sorry if we're a little rusty." Someone in the audience shouted, "We don't care!" and with that the party began.<BR> <P>The Tolers decided to share the concert with many underprivileged children from their community who would not otherwise have had the opportunity to see Brooks perform. They also invited members of the youth group at Spanish Fort Christian Church and the local ROTC, where Angela is Cadet Captain. Other friends and family members filled the 72-year-old theatre, making the intimate gathering sound more like one of the crowds at Brooks' arena shows. Brooks began the show with "Rodeo," changing one line to "She knows his love's in Daphne," then launched into a series of songs by artists who have influenced him. He followed each of those songs with one of his own that showed that particular influence. Merle Haggard's "Mama Tried" led to Brooks' "Much Too Young (To Feel This Damn Old)," complete with a line saying, "Gotta play for the Tolers tomorrow night." James Taylor's "Frozen Man" flowed into "The River," while Bob Seger's "Night Moves" set the stage for "That Summer.""

Paula
01-08-2014, 03:51 PM
They announced the winners of the contest - https://www.facebook.com/StraightTalkWireless/posts/10151901170777569

Paula