PDA

View Full Version : Big email from Garth!

LilWhiteTankTop
10-18-2013, 03:18 PM
Subject: first message from garth

The sevens have aligned. It has begun...
Thank you for believing...love, g

Be sure to sign up for the mailing list for updates:
http://garthbrooks.com

AronP24
10-18-2013, 03:22 PM
And here I thought it was just to me.
Haha. Just got it too.
Either his plan for global domination of the 7 continents as the anti-Christ has begun OR, hang on tight because this board is fixin' to get hoppin again very soon.

It has been a LONG LONG wait.

LilWhiteTankTop
10-18-2013, 03:26 PM
It is definitely a bland looking email. He needs to hire a digital marketing team. Ha. (Call me, Garth)

LostSessions
10-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Ah, you beat me to it! I got the message too! I'm so excited!!!

garthcop
10-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Wonder if it means he got a deal with iTunes worked out since that was one of his big issues.

debra_garth
10-18-2013, 03:43 PM
Tour time!!!!!!!!!

Garthmedic
10-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Three words: Bring it, Garth!

Garthfan92
10-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Gotta be some truth to the rumors. Hoping we get an actual announcement of some type very soon!

misty_winters
10-18-2013, 04:27 PM
He sure does know how to tease us all for sure :) Cant wait to see whats up :)

Brett Dale
10-18-2013, 04:44 PM
That was a weird little message, the graphic people who does his webstuff seem to be stuck in 1993 though. Anyway, great to have a message like this, although, I hope, we dont have to wait months for the next one.

Brett Dale
10-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Oh his website has slightly changed too, it says "Join the circle of friends"

Cheryl
10-18-2013, 04:58 PM
:applause: WooHoo!!! IT HAS BEGUN......

AronP24
10-18-2013, 07:26 PM
My (il?)logical guess is 7/7/14 which is a lot of sevens if u divide the 14 or some Garthstretch of the imagination

blake w
10-18-2013, 09:08 PM
been a "believer" since the beginning.no matter when or where, I will be there.....

Brett Dale
10-19-2013, 12:23 AM
hoping NEW STUDIO ALBUM AND TOUR.

Charles
10-19-2013, 01:33 AM
Figuring out how to allign 7s is killing me! Maybe listening to Sevens can help? Haha

Brett Dale
10-19-2013, 07:00 AM
As someone else here said, i think its going to be 7/7/14, new album , start of new tour.

Or that could be way off, who knows?

jturtels
10-19-2013, 10:57 AM
interesting thought on the 7/7/14. That very well could be. I just remember being a kid waiting patiently for a new album to come out. Can't wait to be pumped up like that again. The long wait has paid off!

GO CARDINALS!

GarthdaMan
10-19-2013, 12:57 PM
Checking Google and YouTube every day for Garth news and bits can be an exercise in patience. It's been a long wait and I have no doubt that Garth wants to reward his fans with new music/tv special and a new tour. I'm not sure exactly when this will all transpire, but I know this:

My bank account is in for a HUGE hit. And I can't wait!

GO CARDINALS!

rock815
10-19-2013, 10:10 PM
interesting thought on the 7/7/14. That very well could be. I just remember being a kid waiting patiently for a new album to come out. Can't wait to be pumped up like that again. The long wait has paid off!

GO CARDINALS!

I thought the same thing about 7/7/14... but, it's a monday. Still possible, but I don't feel like that's it!

BTW... his site also has another slight change... in the lightening flashes "it has begun..."

I'm super stoked....

rock815
10-21-2013, 02:31 PM
7-7-(2+0+1+4)?

Paula
10-21-2013, 05:29 PM
7-7-(2+0+1+4)?

I love how everyone figures out how the sevens align!

Paula

YouSoundBitter
10-22-2013, 03:52 AM
I like the sounds of 2/7/14 better! It's someone's birthday and it's also 2x7=14, too:) And it comes sooner than 7/7...

Brett Dale
10-22-2013, 07:52 PM
Has anyone here tried contacting his publicist? Surly more info is going to come soon.

Skywise
10-23-2013, 10:03 AM
Haven't thought of it, though I wouldn't have he contact information anyway....

Good idea though...

Mr_Sevens
10-23-2013, 04:27 PM
Garth's publicist is not commenting yet.

jasongarth1
10-23-2013, 08:47 PM
I am so happy garth is going back on tour. I remember being 10 yrs old tuning into his central park concert not because of him but because my dad heard billy joel was going to come on, but as soon as the concert started I was a garth fan for LIFE!!! was lucky enough to catch him on his 1998 tour in philly and twice in vegas (before steve wynn chased all his REAL fans away with the 110 price increase) Let the good times start again!

Mr_Sevens
10-23-2013, 09:35 PM
So here's my big question...will Garth make any kind of official announcement before his next set of Vegas shows on November 8th and 9th? If he doesn't, it's going to be VERY difficult for him to avoid the question while there. I'm sure fans and the press both will be hounding him if he hasn't confirmed by then. There's also the George Jones Tribute show on 11/22.

Is anyone else just the SLIGHTEST bit concerned that this will be one of those things that isn't ever brought up again and becomes a forgotten memory? Garth's website especially has been a big source of empty promises since it was created years ago.

All that aside, I'm ready to believe! Anyone have some spare sevens we can align to speed this train up?!

Brett Dale
10-23-2013, 10:25 PM
If we havent heard anything by the VEGAS concerts on the 8th and 9th, and people here, are going to those concerts, and it comes to question time at the concert, can someone ask this to Garth.

"There have been rumors over the years ,and you yourself said when your youngest turns 18 you will come out of retirement. Garth I want a specific answer, Are you releasing a new studio album in 2014 and are you going to tour in 2014, yes or no?"

MrSevens, Im in the same camp as you, this could be one of these things that we dont actually hear about again, and his website has a habit of this.

Heres hoping we do hear some real news soon.

Emerald Isle
10-23-2013, 11:46 PM
My guess is there won't be any official announcements until after the new year.

Garthmedic
10-24-2013, 10:38 AM
More news: http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/despite-rumors-no-official-word-on-garth-brooks-tour/article_aa7aa42d-3344-5dd4-9e8c-c75696edb8da.html

Emerald Isle
10-24-2013, 11:09 AM
More news: http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/despite-rumors-no-official-word-on-garth-brooks-tour/article_aa7aa42d-3344-5dd4-9e8c-c75696edb8da.html

I love news reports where the crux of the story is that there is no news to report. That's called someone needed to meet a deadline y'all!

Mr_Sevens
10-24-2013, 05:13 PM
My guess is there won't be any official announcements until after the new year.

I'm afraid you're right and I personally thank that would be a bad move on Garth's part. Sending a tease in October and the waiting 3 months to address it is just bad strategy.

Brett Dale
10-24-2013, 06:08 PM
Agree totally, not sure who he has hired to run the internet side of his career.

But basically we know nothing new. Since 1999 we have have been told, in 2014 Garth will
come out of retirement.

That email they sent out last week, had to be followed up by something within a few days.

Im now thinking as people here are saying, in about January we will have another email, that
will say something along the lines of "Its soon"

Anyone else worried that come 2014, a press release will be made around april, saying Garth puts off comeback until 2015/2016?

Skywise
10-24-2013, 07:44 PM
hmm- without opening up too many 'pandora's box' type of evils around here...

Sevens:

Honestly, Garth's made more than one bad move in the last 14 years- from his 'retirement' being bungled to the way his marriage with TY came to light (and substantiated the tabloids), to his inability to grasp (remarkable as he's not a dumb person at all) the concept of digital music...

frankly his protests about digital music don't hold water, and I know many have stopped (though some have continued) drinking the garth kool aid...

Garth's just as awesome as he's ever been.. but he's made mistakes...

Brett-

with all due respect, we haven't been told since 1999 that Garth WOULD come of retirement in 2014.. He said simply that he wouldnt come back at least until his youngest had graduated HS..

I think that 2014 will be a big year of Garth activity. SOMETHING's up.. but we'll have to wait to see..

4/12/2014.. not a 'sevens' type of number day, but it is the 25th anniversary of the release of his first album- Garth's 25th year... his comeback... it COULD happen...

Brett Dale
10-24-2013, 08:40 PM
Good points, everything was pointing to 2014, because that was when his youngest turned 18, so I I guess that is the year he was aiming for, without actually saying 2014.

I think he has to get on board digital media, and his next press release cannot be ambiguous.

At this stage for me, a new studio album (not duet) and a new tour and a bigger premise, would be the dream, and that is what I think everybody is hoping for.

Again Garth is smart, he must know this is what fans are hoping for, but what ever he decides, its his choice.

LostSessions
10-24-2013, 08:49 PM
hmm- without opening up too many 'pandora's box' type of evils around here...

Sevens:

Honestly, Garth's made more than one bad move in the last 14 years- from his 'retirement' being bungled to the way his marriage with TY came to light

Garth has denied ever cheating on Sandy with Trisha. They obviously had chemistry and "crushes" on each other, which some will see as adultery, but again, Garth has denied over and over they were not in a physical relationship.

Garthmedic
10-24-2013, 08:51 PM
*Gonna nip this one in the bud before it blossoms into a mess*

Stay on topic, folks.

Brett Dale
10-24-2013, 09:03 PM
Good job, mods.

Again i will say it, if nothing less is released from Garth's camp in a week, its going to be a few more months until we hear anything new. If a tour has been planned, venues would be book months
and months in advance, if a album is too be released, he would probably be writing already, I think Garth's PA is actually well known and is a PA to a lot of big name hollywood people, so she would
be hard to contact.

Surly someone in the local Oklahoma media knows something.

Mr_Sevens
10-24-2013, 10:40 PM
Good job, mods.

Again i will say it, if nothing less is released from Garth's camp in a week, its going to be a few more months until we hear anything new. If a tour has been planned, venues would be book months
and months in advance, if a album is too be released, he would probably be writing already, I think Garth's PA is actually well known and is a PA to a lot of big name hollywood people, so she would
be hard to contact.

Surly someone in the local Oklahoma media knows something.

I work in Oklahoma media and Garth's people are not talking ;)

Brett Dale
10-25-2013, 12:15 AM
Cool, I didnt know you worked in the media. Hope you guys are going to be kind to Steven Adams, our kiwi playing for the thunder in the NBA!

Anyway back to Garth, im guessing the media there have tried all sorts of inside sources to get the scoop. Have they even given an indication, when the next annoucement will be?

Garthmedic
10-25-2013, 12:24 AM
Nothing that I have seen (or heard). My connections, though not stellar, are usually spot on. So, if it happens, I will probably get the full scoop.

Brett Dale
10-25-2013, 01:10 AM
I hope those with connections, continue to dig and ask questions!! All garth fans want to know.

BLL
10-25-2013, 07:49 AM
I think Garth 'grasps' digital music just fine; he just doesn't agree that the music he creates, i.e. his product should be in the control of a third party. He also feels strongly that his fellow non-performing songwriters should be compensated for their work, and the current model pays them poorly.

Skywise
10-25-2013, 09:53 AM
At he risk f bing off topic (I hear the unwritten warnings..., spud! ) but as it does pertain to a comment I made, just responding in the whole picture ( Garth's email for telling comeback, what he's been up to etc...)

Gotta disagree there Barbara- no offense meant at all. But that's the official party line "corporate" Garth response...

In some aspects though, you're right though... Control. it's About control... What Garth has failed to realize, I believe, is that control has shifted... It's not like it used to be... Record companies aren't as important in that TRADITIONAL way that they were. Control has shifted more to the consumer.... If Garth wants to have much if any prominence when he comes back, he'll have to do some thinking about adjusting his digital stance.....

He owns his masters..... He can negotiate, etc with digital content providers (I.e. Apple, etc...) his stance (stated) about selling albums as a whole and not breaking them up is bogus.... Scanning iTunes' music library can show that... Selections can be set to album only....

Sales $ and #'s matter to Garth I'm sure.... It's control or dare I raise the word, greed, that's apparent ....

Regardless, you can't stop progress, and if this email proves to really be a beginning Garth's going to have to adjust if he wants to be viable to the masses and not just a novelty and nostalgia act for us, his loyal fanbase...

He brought himself to this situation by his actions, right or wrong...... He's he one who has to see the music landscape has changed and he must too

New fans won't do things the way fans did it in Garth's earlier heyday.... Survival means change is needed...

Regardless though, it's still exciting Garth wise, to have the buzz starting..... Garth is no dummy.. It's advertising of a diff sort!

Lowland_Kid
10-25-2013, 01:21 PM
I am still very much excited because of his email. I am now just sooooooo impatient to hear more! Can't wait! I find myself listening to his music all the time, Googling him, looking at pictures... It almost feels like being a bit love-sick. And I am ONLY interested in his music/concerts. Not in his personal life. :)
Whatever his plans are, I really hope that he will tell us SOOOOOON! :D

BLL
10-25-2013, 10:30 PM
No offense at all Scott; I will disagree with you that he's taking a 'label' stance, especially since he fought Capital for creative control even while maintaining musical integrity until he got his imprint (Pearl Records). Garth's argument is the consumer sets the album only, and itunes sets the price, which Garth would like to set, and not offer the music piecemeal. Now, I don't buy music online; I'm old and prefer the physical product be it vinyl, 8 track, cassette or cd. I still mourn the loss of vinyl with the artwork and wonderful liner notes from the 60s.

Brett Dale
10-26-2013, 07:50 PM
Well since its been a week since the first message, I dont think there is one more forthcoming, it would be here by now, so I guess all there is left to say, seeya in around april, when the next message will probably be.

GarthdaMan
10-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Garth has been inclined to release music around the holiday season. I don't see a new music album coming until 2014. I do remember Paul McCartney making his music available on ITunes during the holiday season a couple of years ago. I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar from Garth regarding his deal with Apple. He has stated in the past that digital music would be the first obstacle he would face in trying to get new music out to the fans. This is just my guess and possible wishful thinking. Regardless, I feel 2014 to be a big year for all of us.

Lowland_Kid
10-28-2013, 08:24 AM
2014 is fine with me... I'd just wish he'd let us know soon :)

Lowland_Kid
10-28-2013, 11:04 AM
WHOOOP!! And another email! :D :D

XFER
10-28-2013, 03:03 PM
Another email?? Why not share the contents? I didn't get anything. :p

Mr_Sevens
10-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Another email?? Why not share the contents? I didn't get anything. :p

It was a link to the TV special press release:

http://garthbrooks.com/live-from-vegas.html

XFER
10-28-2013, 04:56 PM
Thank you Mr. Sevens! I was hoping for more album news <3

Mr_Sevens
10-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Garth's website now has a FANTASTIC video promoting the Vegas show on it:

http://garthbrooks.com/live-from-vegas.html

It's definitely the most we've ever seen of it without actually being there. Looks great!

AHBAMember
10-28-2013, 05:27 PM
I love how everyone figures out how the sevens align!

Paula

New to the forum!

I thought I read somewhere that Allie's birthday is 7/28; in 2014 it will be her 18th, and of course, 7/28/14 are all multiples of 7! My guess is he won't go back out on the road until he sees her off to college, but maybe that's taking too literally what he said.

The way I look at it, the fact that he's 'wrapping up' at the Wynn could potentially be either really good news or really bad news - he could be planning to not do any more shows regularly anywhere, or he could be leaving Wynn to get ready for a new album and/or tour.

TheAlpadacas
10-28-2013, 08:34 PM
I have a solid source that says the tour is next fall, with rehearsals to start in the summer.

Lowland_Kid
10-29-2013, 08:45 AM
Oh let's hope that source is right!!

I have a solid source that says the tour is next fall, with rehearsals to start in the summer.

YouSoundBitter
10-30-2013, 08:51 AM
I can wait til the fall for the tour, we will have the Vegas DVD and the Entertainer Box Set to hold us over, BUT I hope we have a new album by spring/summer!

Lowland_Kid
10-30-2013, 10:46 AM
Yes, I can wait as well. As long as I know for certain that the tour is going to happen! :)

jasongarth1
10-30-2013, 03:01 PM
ok, does anyone know if the concert on the 29th from wynn will be 'live'. or will it be a collection of the tapings he did in may and july? an article on pollstar.com suggests it will be 100% live?

Actually fans living on the East Coast will see it in real time when CBS telecasts “Garth Brooks, Live From Las Vegas” Nov. 29 at 9 p.m. Viewers in other time zones will have to settle for a delayed broadcast. But, hey, it’s still Garth and his guitar. What better way could you spend the evening of Black Friday after competing against the Christmas mobs for the best retail deals?

YouSoundBitter
10-31-2013, 08:53 AM
It sounds like it will be truly "live". Which I was kinda hoping for a taped special so we could put the DVD on our Christmas lists. I don't think 3 weeks would be long enough to edit and burn 2 million copies by Christmas tho.

LostSessions
11-01-2013, 10:17 PM
I was lucky and blessed enough to see Garth in Vegas...I can't wait to see the special on CBS!