PDA

View Full Version : Rip george jones

AronP24
04-26-2013, 10:19 AM
Died at Vandy medical center today, 81.

Skywise
04-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Rip George. May heavens' music be just a little more country and down to earth tonight

Brett Dale
04-26-2013, 09:45 PM
"The greatest voice to ever grace country music will never die. Jones has a place in every heart that ever loved any kind of music." GARTH BROOKS.

Steven75407
04-30-2013, 11:24 PM
Garth said it all. The Possum may be gone, but his music will live on forever. I was shocked and saddened to hear of his passing, but I know he is in a better place. I was a fan of his music long before "Beer Run" came out, and some of my favorite Jones tunes include "White Lightning," "Walk Through This World With Me," "The Race is On," "The Corvette Song," "She Thinks I Stilll Care," "He Stopped Loving Her Today", "Bartender's Blues," "The Grand Tour" and "I Don't Need Your Rockin' Chair."

Rest in peace, George. Thanks for the music.

vegitoth
05-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Speaking of Garth: for those who are not seeing it he and Trisha are at the funeral right now and they're sitting beside Nancy Jones

weathermanfsu
05-02-2013, 11:33 PM
I had the honor of watching bits and pieces of George Jones' funeral today. What an emotional and great send off for one of the kings of country.... One performance in particular stood out. Vince Gill sang one of his greatest songs "Go Rest High on That Mountain", but broke down crying in the 2nd verse. Well, my all time favorite artist, Garth Brooks, gave him support and stood up first in the audience to let him know it was ok, that they (he and Trisha) were supporting him.

People love all kinds of music. I listen to many genres myself. You can say what you want about country, but you do not see this level of support and love among artists like you do in country. To me, it has way more emotion and soul than most other genres. Thank you Garth and Trish for being not only great artists, but a great people with great manners offering your support, it meant a lot as huge fan. And Vince & Patty, you did great!