PDA

View Full Version : Not to complain

Skywise
11-19-2012, 02:03 AM
Ok, not to complain but, read this tonight online (from a twitter feed)

from macrumors: ACDC is on iTunes

"Once the Beatles signed up, Australian hard rockers AC/DC were the biggest major act holding out from selling their music on iTunes (or in any other digital music store). That changed today, with AC/DC finally realising that if rock and roll ainít noise pollution, you might as well make money while the download sun shines."
http://www.macrumors.com/2012/11/19/acdc-finally-available-on-itunes/

umm- I beg to differ with one statement (yes I'm biased) AC/DC isn't the biggest major act IMO to be holding out from selling their music on iTunes... (cough cough) that'd be Garth...

maybe he'll change that way of thinking some when the '2nd' half begins?

Honeybunny31
12-03-2012, 12:47 PM
I think it great that he is not one itunes:) I just miss listening to whole albums the way that the artist releases it. I wonder if a artist can be on itunes and only sell as a albums, not just singles.

Skywise
12-03-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm sure it's not the preferred way for apple or per people, but yes you can. I've seen artists whose collections/albums are listed as album only. Garth's arguments simply don't hold up digitally. Songwriters could be protected, albums could be sold as a whole. Heck he could bypass iTunes and sell on his own website too.

I comes down to money and/or control but that's for another discussion.

Charles
12-03-2012, 10:45 PM
I bet Garth will come around with this digital thing..... Garth saying he's an "album" artist ...and then turning around and releasing a cd called "ultimate hits" full of singles...it's the same concept.

I like iTunes and physical cds....even if I download , I buy entire albums from my favorite artists.....

I bet when Garth hits the tour again, he'll put his entire discography on iTunes....of course I could be wrong...

I mean Garth, you could release a song a month leading up to the album release on iTunes.....Let's do this!!!