PDA

View Full Version : Are there any PG'rs who are SINGER/SONGWRITERS or MUSICIANS?

adamthegarthfan
07-24-2011, 05:15 AM
Just thought I'd start this thread to see if there were any Singer/Songwriters or Musicians aside from myself here on PG. If so, I'd love to hear your music as I am sure it is heavily inspired (as mine is) by Garth's. BTW, I checked the Musicians thread but there isn't a lot going on there.

The reason I'm asking this is, like all of you from the first time I heard Garth (which for me was in 1990) I was hooked. From then on I knew that what this man was doing was different and special, and that what he was doing was the only thing that I wanted do with my life. That is why in March of 2010 my Wife and I moved from our home in Georgia to Nashville. "I'll never reach my destination if I never try," right?

When we hear Garth we don't just hear Garth. We also hear a little bit of James Taylor, Keith Whitley, Billy Joel, the "George's" Jones & Strait, and many others. So I thought it would be neat to see if there was anybody out there who has been inspired by Garth's music not only in their lives, but also in their own music, just as Garth has been by his heroes.

So, I was just wondering if there are any of you guys out there?