PDA

View Full Version : Help With a Personal Project

themusicman118
03-30-2011, 08:21 AM
I want to try to record something, but would like some concert video footage if possible.
I promise not to use the video to make money, just want to try to see if I can make it work.

Okay, what I want to do is, if someone has any footage of Garth air guitaring, or singing a capella, If Tomorrow Never Comes I would like to get that footage, because I want to see if I can play along on the guitar well enough to match up. I had a job at the begnning of the year where I didn't do anything, so I spent a lot of time playing along with my DVDs from The Entertainer, especially the one of the Dublin concert, where ITNC was an acousitc song. Think I got it really well, and would like to try with just the voice, no music.

What I would really like to do is play along while he is air guitaring it, because I think it would look really neat.

Thanks,
J. Rusin

themusicman118
04-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Just to update, still looking for the video. Had some links sent to me, the first one didn't work, and the second link was an acoustic version of ITNC. I already have an acoustic version, from the Dublin disc out of The Entertainer. What I would love to have is some video of him singing the song without any music. It would be really cool if it was one where he played air guitar through the song, as I want to try to lay my acoustic guitar track underneath his singing, to see how close I have gotten it.

Thanks,
J. Rusin

Skywise
04-10-2011, 03:59 PM
hmm- I don't know if there is footage of him singing it accapella- I'll have to see if there is anything in what I have, but nothing comes to mind honestly

themusicman118
04-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Thanks Scott, just wanted to check and see, because I know that there is no way to do it with just an acoustic video version.

Maggie526
04-11-2011, 04:37 PM
sorry to go off topic.. but is there footage of Garth singing anything accapella and if so where can I find it?

Garth2015
04-11-2011, 11:02 PM
sorry to go off topic.. but is there footage of Garth singing anything accapella and if so where can I find it?
I have a video clip of him singing It's Your Song accaapella at one of the Nashville Concerts. Was a fan request and was only part of the song

Maggie526
04-12-2011, 01:55 PM
I have a video clip of him singing It's Your Song accaapella at one of the Nashville Concerts. Was a fan request and was only part of the song

Thanks ...I'll look for that one

themusicman118
05-23-2011, 11:15 AM
Thanks for all the help. Would I be allowed to post my guitar playing on here for you all to listen to??

J. Rusin

Skywise
05-23-2011, 01:37 PM
hmm- dont' know if the powers that be will allow it or not, but i'd be interested in hearing it :D PM me

Mr_Sevens
05-30-2011, 01:59 AM
Thanks for all the help. Would I be allowed to post my guitar playing on here for you all to listen to??

J. Rusin

I don't see why not!

themusicman118
06-06-2011, 09:33 AM
Made the recordings last week, but now, for some reason, can't find recorder. :(

J. Rusin

themusicman118
06-14-2011, 08:37 AM
Hey All,

Can't quite figure out how to post audio files. Just finished recording the three tracks I know how to play.
Anyone who wants to hear, PM me with an email address.

J. Rusin

themusicman118
07-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Maggie and Scott, did you get a chance to listen to the songs yet? What do you think, can the kid play the songs or what?

J. Rusin

Skywise
07-07-2011, 10:41 AM
I did have a chance- thought I'd sent you feedback, sorry!

not bad playing- they sounded good!!

Maggie526
07-07-2011, 11:06 AM
I didn't get the songs :(

Maggie526
07-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Maggie and Scott, did you get a chance to listen to the songs yet? What do you think, can the kid play the songs or what?

J. Rusin

Very nice playing John thanks for sending them :)