PDA

View Full Version : STOP STOP STOP!!

splitzer
03-23-2000, 03:04 PM
I have enjoyed PlanetGarth 100% for the past six months and have now started to get seriously fed up. MOST EVERYONE on the board deserves a round of applause for their respect, maturity, manners, and creativity in posting, but a <B>select few</B> are driving me batty!<P>Until recently I could come to PG and have a completely wonderful experience reading other people's ideas and sharing my own. We were friends who could be honest without being cruel and could share our ideas without being chastised. When the occasional "troll" would drop by, we always handled it maturely and respectfully, explaining our side and taking care of the situation in whatever way it needed to be taken care of.<P>These days, we engage in childish insult wars. What happened?? Forgive me for singling people out, but that's what needs to be done, don't you think?<P><B>Lowell Miller</B><BR>50% of the time you are a wonderful addition to our family. However, that leaves 50% of the time for you to be less than respectful to other posters. A recent insult-hurling war with HOH in the "Garth and Sandy on dancing" thread proves my point. There is no call for that kind of rudeness. Please try to be polite and post with maturity.<P><B>headoverheelsforchris</B><BR>I understand that as a Chris Gaines fan, you come here to chat because the Chris boards are not as active. However, in making this choice you should accept and <I>expect</I> to be confronted with extremely pro-Garth sentiment, and perhaps some topics that you simply don't understand. Garthnutts are a unique breed, and we are proud of who we are. You are not "one of us" and <I>that is perfectly fine, there are all types of people in the world</I> but you really should just ignore that which you don't understand, unless you care to make an effort to try to understand it, in which case you could simply ask politely. Either way, there is never any call for rudeness or insults. You need to decide if this is really the board for you, and if so, change your approach. If not, perhaps H&V or PlanetGaines... or perhaps simply the Chris Gaines section of PlanetGarth.<P><B>Various Others</B><BR>Some of you have decided to zero in on on new poster in particular. <B>Garthette</B>, from my observations, is just fine. Leave her alone. So she's nuts about horses, so what? <P>Shall I include a few quotes from da Man?<P>"When the last man dies for just words that he said... when this world's big enough for all different views... we shall be free."<P>"Come on, people now, smile on your brother, everybody get together, try to love one another right now."<P>Okay, so the last one wasn't originally Garth/Chris, but it's still a darn good idea.<P>Please, people, please! I love the Planet and really don't want to reach the point where I no longer enjoy it.<P>BTW- No, it hasn't gotten horrible. Some people may think I'm overreacting, but I am trying to get out in front of this thing before we lose control of it completely. I'm trying to stop it before it's too late. I hope you understand.<P>Garth Always,<BR>DanielleN

PCL
03-23-2000, 03:14 PM
Hey<P>I here ya, but ive felt from the beginning that we are all friends here. <B>The people who you insult the most are the ones closest to you, and thats because the ones closest to you accept your imperfections and allow you not to be perfect.</B><P>My advice is DONT TAKE ANYTHING PERSONAL.<P>If you read an insult, take it as a joke. Remember, things look alot different when written.<P>Scott<P>N

splitzer
03-23-2000, 03:23 PM
Scott,<P>You obviously haven't read these particular insults. Check out "Garth and Sandy on dancing" just for an example. I'm not misinterpreting these comments, but for the record, I'm not being defensive because no one has insulted me. I'm just tired of reading it, it ruins all the fun here.<P>Garth Always,<BR>DanielleN

headoverheelsforchris
03-23-2000, 03:25 PM
Wait a second here. Ok, first of all please tell me in what way I have insulted Garth. I might have said that the few songs I heard I did not care for. I also said I did not have the money to buy one of his CD's right now because I am saving up for a bass guitar. How am I bashing Garth, really please do tell me. You all have your Garth songs you do not like I know you do. You people were the ones that immediatly started to laugh at me and be mean to me when I posted about Chris Gaines. You even said that I was the same person as Garthette, I am not. I do not know her and I do not like horses or know much about them so I cannot be her. Lowell Miller, yes he is a bit mean I must say. Considering he bothered to post the troll thing to me and he called me a freak and what have you. I was mean back I will admit. N

03-23-2000, 03:29 PM
Stop in the name of love before you break my heart think it oooooooooooooooooooooover bla bla bla bla bla just get that annoying sound out of my head now.N

splitzer
03-23-2000, 03:33 PM
<B>HOH</B><P>It was your exchange with Lowell in the "Garth and Sandy on Dancing" thread that convinced me to post this. I appreciate that you admit being mean back, and I think it's obvious that in that case he started the agression.<P>The first post I ever read from you was in the "Where is Chris Gaines" thread. The very first thing you did was insult Garth. Then you proceeded to insult Garthnutts. That was uncalled for.<P>Garth Always,<BR>DanielleN

Lowell Miller
03-23-2000, 03:34 PM
What????? I can't believe this, 50% of the time. I'm sorry. This is what was said that made me upset. "You people are odd, don't you have anything better to talk about"<BR>That comment made me upset. I know now I shouldn't have said anything. I'm having a bad day. I never ment to hurt anybody. I've never hurt anybody in my life. I'm sorry. I feel horrible. My life is helping people, kids. I'm not bad. I can't say enough how sorry I am. I didn't realize this. N

splitzer
03-23-2000, 03:38 PM
Apology accepted, Lowell. :) I hope you understand where I was coming from.<P>Please remember your manners in the future. :)<P>Thank you.<P>Garth Always,<BR>DanielleN

headoverheelsforchris
03-23-2000, 03:39 PM
Really though who posts about dancing under chandelirs and dancing in the rain. That is just as off of topic as you say me talking about Chris Gaines is. Garth is to old for me to find attractive, sorry if I do not find him good looking, but i never did bash his music.N

Lowell Miller
03-23-2000, 03:44 PM
"It was your exchange with Lowell in the "Garth and Sandy on Dancing" thread that convinced me to post this. I appreciate that you admit being mean back, and I think it's obvious that in that case he started the agression."<P><BR>I started it. I'm sorry again. I don't like being called odd or having my friends called odd. <BR>I got upset. I was going back to apologize. I was to harsh. I just get upset when people come in here to mess things up. I guess I'm one of them. Again I didn't know. I would never hurt anybody. N

headoverheelsforchris
03-23-2000, 03:44 PM
Splitzer, what did you mean by 'one of us'? You arnt a cult or anything are you? <P>Lowell Miller, We all have bad days but it don't you ever notice how people always use bad days as the reason they do somthing people didnt like? You said you never meant to hurt anyone well what kind of reaction did you expect when you call someone a freak, nerd, post a little poem about trolls to them? I admitted I was mean to you and I am sorry, but you gotta admit you were out of hand rather you meant to hurt anyone or not.N

Lowell Miller
03-23-2000, 03:55 PM
I never ment to hurt anybody that didn't deserve it! I was to harsh. But you have to understand you can't come in and say you guys are ODD!<P>I'm not going to say anything else about this. If you reply I will not answer. You can email me or call me on the phone. Did I go to far? Yes. Did you deserve it.....yea.<P>Danielle is right. This isn't the place for this.<P>Sue please delete my comments.<P>N

splitzer
03-23-2000, 04:00 PM
<B>HOH</B><P>When I said you weren't "one of us" I was just referring to Garthnutts. Those of us who deeply care for Garth Brooks and his music and have a special place in our hearts for him. We are not crazy or obsessed or stalkers or anything (I'm not saying that you said we were), it's an honest, sincere emotion. Frankly, if you're not a Garthnutt, you wouldn't understand, so I don't know how to explain it to you.<P>Anyway, no, we're not a cult. :)<P>Garth Always,<BR>DanielleN

ThankGod4Garth
03-23-2000, 04:06 PM
I'm sorry, but OMG!! HOH! why do you care what people's topics are? Why always jump on anything and everything that is negative?? No we're not a cult, but neither are you a GB fan. You were offered an apology. Accept it, or don't accept it but don't beat this thing to death. Enough is enough. If you don't like the people here and feel that you are disliked then please just go to <A HREF="http://www.chrisgaines.com" TARGET=_blank>www.chrisgaines.com</A> where you can be happy and leave us be. Why stay where you're not happy? We are more than happy to welcome and accept you here if you can accept *us*, too. It's a two way street. N

Lowell Miller
03-23-2000, 04:06 PM
Trolls?? Huh? I didn't do that.<BR>N

Alawishes
03-23-2000, 04:09 PM
I think this is how we just lost some pgers about a month ago or so, by not get along and assuming things about people we don't really know and stuff.N

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
03-23-2000, 04:18 PM
Ok, this thread is getting out of hand. <P>I am closing this post and any other topics that start which are for the sole purpose of picking on each other and such will be deleted. <P><BR>Splitzer, I realize that you started this thread with good intentions. However, as we have seen some people posting here want to take things further and create havoc amongst the others posting. <P>Remember the golden rule: If you can't say something nice, or atleast diplomatically, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL. <P><BR>If you don't like a thread and what is being said, then move on. This is really getting old! <P>Monica N