PDA

View Full Version : Country Weekly 15th Anniversary

Maggie526
12-21-2009, 09:30 PM
Leading the pack are stars like George Strait and Garth Brooks, along with Faith Hill and Reba McEntire and superduo Brooks & Dunn. Find out the rest of the top 15 when you pick up this special Collector’s Edition of Country Weekly. Plus, we’ll give you a 15-year timeline of the milestone events in country music since Country Weekly first hit the newsstands in 1994.
http://www.countryweekly.com/this_issue

I hope this issue is easier to find in NJ than the last one was :)

Skywise
12-22-2009, 12:30 AM
I agree Maggie- I hope it's easier to find. AFter Country Weekly completely abandoned and dissed it's subscriber base (some of having subs since almost the beginning..) Garth being featured is the only way I'd even consider buying it...

Steven75407
12-29-2009, 11:42 AM
I agree Scott. I bought the one with Mr. Brooks on the cover, and then I bought the 15th anniversary issue because all my favorite singers were inside. I'm watching Garth: One Man, One City, One Night as I post this reply. He is singing "Unanswered Prayers."

Skywise
12-29-2009, 11:44 AM
I can't even find it anywhere around here anymore- not only did CW screw over it's subscriber base, but it's also been taken out of any normal stores around here (where it was available after CW's decision earlier this year.. haven't found it around in about a couple of months)

GBronx
12-29-2009, 12:27 PM
From the amount of people complaining that they can't find this Magazine it's a wonder that they can keep on going!! I read it faithfully when it was delivered to the house. Now I can't find it or it's too far and I can't get to that store when it comes out!! Geeze!!
Anyone else want to vent!! LOL

Maggie526
12-29-2009, 01:08 PM
From the amount of people complaining that they can't find this Magazine it's a wonder that they can keep on going!! I read it faithfully when it was delivered to the house. Now I can't find it or it's too far and I can't get to that store when it comes out!! Geeze!!

I do :)
Went to 3 places that are suppose to have CW found none :mad:

Skywise
12-29-2009, 02:46 PM

hmm, had to think about my reply for a bit...

CW on a whole has descended more to a tabloid level over the last few years. you can only have so many tim mcgraw faith hill love stories, or keith urban and nicole kidman.... or sexiest man in country, or sexiest woman...

it had largely gone downhill as a magazine- Still, I for one kept my subscription faithfully- why? it was the best (and only really good one imo) country magazine around. Plus, it might have 'garth nuggets' every now and then....

Their cancelling of subscribers and going to newstands only is ridiculous.. pathetic even. Still, a business decision was made- those of us w/ time left on our subs were given 1 of 3 tabloid choices- and were given 'the star' if we made no choice (yikes- theres a mag not to sub to :D)

for a while, CW was available at local stores- I would see it at my local albertsons, safeway, king soopers, walmart, target, and barnes/noble (which has, in our location at least, a wide selection of magazines... ) stores... Now? it's not available in any of them.. I'm not going out of my way to run around desperate to find out tabloid bunk about many country stars whom I dont' feel any connection with anymore- country music is not what it has been. hasnt' been for a long time. When Garth is/was on the cover? you bet your butt I'd have been willing to buy- and I did look- at every place I could run across- i'm not desperate enough to see Garth's face though, to spend an eternity to find out about it- CW is a shell of what it used to be- and now it doesn't grace my mailbox anymore- I used to be bummed about it- not quite as bummed anymore..

If Garth makes a splash, I hear about it here on PG, or something of the like- I'll try to find it again- I do keep looking at the stores just in case... never say never in country- Garth can come back (as he should), the cyclical nature of country music can and will (eventually) come back to the way it was, at least to an extent... but the fan base? maybe we havent' moved on as much as evolved, away from the need we had...

ok, ramble done for now

Skywise
12-29-2009, 02:47 PM
I do :)
Went to 3 places that are suppose to have CW found none :mad:

not surprised- maybe stores don't want to deal w/ CW's tabloidish nature- maybe the company in charge of production/distribution is trying to fleece the stores the same way they messed w/ their sub base

BLL
12-29-2009, 11:30 PM
I went to all the retailers who supposedly carry CW; nada. But by gosh they all have the KU one that came out before CW even updated their website :rolleyes: