PDA

View Full Version : CMA Awards

Mr_Sevens
10-25-2009, 07:30 PM
Has anyone else seen the latest commercial for the CMA Awards?

Toward the end of the commercial they say that a country megastar will return to the CMA's for the first time in 4 hours...and it showed a silhouette that looked like it could be Garth!

Can anyone confirm or deny this? Its been 4 years since Garth was last featured at the CMA's by performing "Good Ride Cowboy" in Times Square...so it sounds like it could be him!

The show airs November 11 on ABC.

TheAlpadacas
10-25-2009, 08:20 PM
That would be my guess...

How many other people REALLY count as megastars?

And then how many haven't been there in 4 years?

GARTH!

Cheryl
10-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Not sure, but I think they might be talking about Tim McGraw. I'm pretty sure that I heard it had been quite awhile since he was there, and he will be there this year. Seems strange that the CMA would try to make it seem like a secret though. I haven't seen the commercial, did they list Tim McGraw as a performer?

TheAlpadacas
10-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Tim McGraw is listed on the website...

Mr_Sevens
10-25-2009, 09:29 PM
Sorry, in my first post I put 4 "hours" but that should definitely say "years"

Hmmm, and it is true that Tim McGraw hasn't performed at the CMA's in 4 years...but if they have officially announced that why would they keep it "secret" in the television ads?

Hmm...who knows. I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see Garth on the show. It would definitely make sense...but I guess I wouldn't be surprised to not see him either.

onair
11-04-2009, 12:55 AM
I don't think this is Garth...
http://bit.ly/t8EQa

EveryNow&Then
11-04-2009, 01:18 AM
Yeah definitely Tim... bummer!

Mr_Sevens
11-04-2009, 01:42 AM
I don't think this is Garth...
http://bit.ly/t8EQa

oh lame. definitely not =[

it flashes by so quickly in the commercial that i just couldn't tell.

oh well...maybe next year!

Brett Dale
11-07-2009, 11:55 PM
I hope its Garth.

CountryBee
11-08-2009, 05:04 PM
I read, or saw, something that said Tim has been "off" for the past two years. He hasn't toured, or released a new album, in that time. I believe that he has a new album coming out in the next couple of weeks. So, you can be pretty sure that Tim will be performing a song (his new single) from that album. Performing on the CMA's, or the ACM's, pretty much always boosts an artist's album and latest radio single.

Mr_Sevens
11-09-2009, 12:37 AM
I read, or saw, something that said Tim has been "off" for the past two years. He hasn't toured, or released a new album, in that time. I believe that he has a new album coming out in the next couple of weeks. So, you can be pretty sure that Tim will be performing a song (his new single) from that album. Performing on the CMA's, or the ACM's, pretty much always boosts an artist's album and latest radio single.

His new album came out a couple of weeks ago.

iriscrazy
11-09-2009, 10:17 AM
Tim's also starring in the new movie "Blind Side" with Sandra Bullock. He might be doing a little promo work at the CMA's.

I<3GARTHBROOKS
11-09-2009, 08:08 PM
I really hope it's Garth, even if we don't think it is! Although I love Tim, I haven't been as excited for his return as I have for Garth's!

Steven75407
11-11-2009, 02:21 AM
Tim McGraw is a great artist and his music talks about life's ups and downs. He's got a better voice than Kenny Chesney, in my opinion. I remember him saying that "Garth knocked down a bunch of doors for a lot of artists like myself, and he really showed me how to put on a concert", which I saw during his first NBC special in 2002. When he yelled, "Is everyone ready in the back?! I thought about Garth when he said that. "How about the front?," McGraw asked. "Back" (cheers) "Front!" (cheers") Let's get it on!."

onair
11-11-2009, 05:46 AM
Remember the good ole days when artists would actually debut a new single at the CMAs or ACMs?? Watching/listening to an artist perform a song for the first time. Seeing if the new music had that "pop" that makes songs great. Going to the music director at the station to see if the single had come in yet, because everyone that watched the show was calling in asking us to play it...

Of course that was back in the days when the CMAs aired during Country Music Month, I digress.

toofastgtp
11-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Im gonna go out there and say Toby Keith!
I remember at least 3 years ago he ousted him self from the cma's

Tim is already listed as a performer.

garth_fan_13
11-11-2009, 07:20 PM
I think it is garth because my radio DJ here keeps playing garth & they never play Garth. Also Garth's manager was at a dinner yesterday for the CMA's. I live in Chicago and they usually know everything before it comes out. They keep dropping hints. Speaking of Garth The Dance just came on!!! Let's just pray it's him!!!

GarthDreamer77
11-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Hey Everyone,

So they just said coming up Tim McGraw returns to the CMA stage so I'm thinking its probably him that they are talking about. :(

Take Care & God Bless,
~*Kristen*~

Steven75407
11-17-2009, 02:37 PM
I saw the show. Taylor Swift's performance of her song "Fifteen" reminded me of Garth because she was on this little stage in the middle of the crowd and was surrounded by teens and 20-somethings who were singing every line with her.

My mind was thinking, "This reminds me of Dublin, when Garth did If Tomorrow Never Comes on that little pod in the middle of the crowd."