PDA

View Full Version : Youtube

randa16
10-16-2009, 01:15 PM
I watched yesterday and am excited about garth coming back but something he said kind of made me mad. He said he was going to try to keep these shows off youtube. I dont understand why he would do this? He will tell you he does not want the shows to be spoiled but the bottom line is he does not want this on youtube cause he thinks people might not come to the show if they can watch it on youtube. I am not poor but I dont have the money to fly to vegas buy 125 dollar tickets for the show and go. I loved it when some of the KC stuff was put on youtube. I just dont get the big deal but again as much as I love garth he needs to stop. I will tell you what would stop the youtube stuff offer either a covers album or a live feed on pay per view.

Maggie526
10-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Garth has never approved of anything of his being posted on youtube, myspace, etc. If you watched KC videos on youtube it's because you were just lucky to find them before his people did.

Garthmedic
10-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Garth is, and has always been known as a perfectionist. You can't get perfection on youtube. So if it ain't perfect, you ain't gonna see it :)

Case in point: When the Los Angeles "Coast to Coast to Coast" LIVE special aired on CBS, he flubbed third verse in Thunder Rolls.

A few weeks later when the video aired on CMT, it was magically fixed.

gbfevernorway
10-16-2009, 03:34 PM
If I made music for a living, I would not like that somebody gave my product away for free. However, I would love if somebody would market my products for free.

The debate of pro and cons for downloading music on the web is not new and will go on for a while. Some artists think their product is stolen when made available at the internet, while others consider it as marketing (people want to download and check out the quality before making a purchase and the sold volume will be positively affected by this).

The established artist may consider it stealing, while other make their career by being published online. Was it Taylor Swift that got her record deal after beeing heard at Myspace?

Some like to have full controll over their material, and some don't care at all. Some make their living from royalties and some make it by touring. I respect the artists not wanting their products online, but I do not necessary agree that it should not be available there.