PDA

View Full Version : Steve Wynn Says He Hasn’t Made a Deal with Garth Brooks (Or Anyone Else, For That Mat

Maggie526
07-31-2009, 10:52 PM
It’s been about five weeks since Garth Brooks’ last private concert at Encore at Wynn Las Vegas. Since then, there has been a resounding lack of information about any possible deal between Brooks and Wynn for a Garth Brooks show at the empty Encore Theatre.

Steve Wynn and Garth Brooks first met in May, but by all accounts, hit it off and became friends. They speak very highly of each other in public. This morning on the conference call, Steve Wynn called Garth an “extraordinary fellow, really extraordinary.” It turns out that Garth and his wife, Trisha Yearwood, and their three daughters, are accompanying Steve Wynn to Beyonce’s performance tonight at Encore. (Wonder if Garth’s getting to fly out to Las Vegas on the Wynn corporate jet again….)

http://carymblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/steve-wynn-says-he-hasnt-made-deal-with.html

LostSessions
08-01-2009, 12:29 AM
Why would he have ride on the corporate jet? Garth has his own jet! :)

Garthmedic
08-01-2009, 12:38 AM
He DID ride out on Wynn's jet. Arrived in LV at 7:17 PM and left at 11:28 PM :)

Why pay for jet fuel, when you can ride on Wynn's HUGE Boeing 737?

Click here to see it (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untitled-(Wynn-Resorts)/Boeing-737-79U-BBJ/1527928/L/)

Oh, and... I don't think Garth has his own jet. I know he charters jets from a particular company.

--spud--:)

kissncry
08-01-2009, 12:44 AM
Yep, saw on Trisha's Twitter page that they were at the Beyonce show last night. The first thing I thought was I wonder if Mr. Wynn flew them out there for more schmoozing. I remember there was talk of Garth buying his own jet after Trisha's near mid-flight scare last year, but never heard for sure if he got his own or not.

Sherry

Maggie526
08-01-2009, 12:52 AM
He flew on Wynn's private jet the last few times see no reason why he wouldn't do it again :)

carym
08-01-2009, 02:59 AM
I heard that the Wynn jet (and I doubt it was the one in Macau with Chinese lettering on the side) did indeed bring Garth and family in for the Beyonce concert last night. I have it from reliable sources that Garth wore a suit to Beyonce's show and called Beyonce's voice a "gift from God."

carymblog.blogspot.com

kissncry
08-01-2009, 04:22 AM
Sasha Fierce meets Chris Gaines....hmmm....

Sherry

Maggie526
08-01-2009, 03:03 PM
I heard that the Wynn jet (and I doubt it was the one in Macau with Chinese lettering on the side) did indeed bring Garth and family in for the Beyonce concert last night. I have it from reliable sources that Garth wore a suit to Beyonce's show and called Beyonce's voice a "gift from God."

carymblog.blogspot.com

Welcome to The Planet Cary :)

Candi<3GB
08-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Yep, saw on Trisha's Twitter page that they were at the Beyonce show last night. The first thing I thought was I wonder if Mr. Wynn flew them out there for more schmoozing.

Sherry

I saw that too and immediately wondered the same thing.
We shall see............

Monakayla
08-01-2009, 06:41 PM
I think it was a combo of smoozing and "trying out the venue" from a fan perspective. The fact that things are still taking place between Steve Wynn and Garth can only be seen as a good thing. Time will tell. In my dream last night I was reading an email that said Garth was to do a series at the Encore and that the deal had gone through. Hope my (our) dream comes true!

-Monica

gbfevernorway
08-01-2009, 07:12 PM
He DID ride out on Wynn's jet. Arrived in LV at 7:17 PM and left at 11:28 PM :)

Why pay for jet fuel, when you can ride on Wynn's HUGE Boeing 737?

This makes me worry a little bit less over the carbon footprint I left when flying over to the US...

LostSessions
08-01-2009, 08:53 PM
My bad Spud, I thought as much as Garth flies all over the country, that he surely had his own jet.

Yeah, I sure hope there is still something in the works with Garth and Mr. Wynn. I would fly to Vegas to see Garth!

Leneso
08-05-2009, 03:59 PM
http://twitter.com/Norm_Clarke

"GARTH BROOKS--UNRETIRED? Vegas Confidential is hearing that Brooks has signed a 16-week deal to appear at Steve Wynn's Encore Theatre."

"Dunne, just off the phone with Wynn, said "there is no deal, officially.""

Officially? OFFICIALLY?

How about unofficially?

*please please please be true*

Maggie526
08-05-2009, 04:31 PM
16 weeks!!!
Maybe an Aug 7th announcement :)

EveryNow&Then
08-05-2009, 04:41 PM
HMMMMM.....

***Runs off to figure out how to squeeze savings out of our budget just in case a Garth trip is in order***

Garthmedic
08-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Tweets saying shows could begin in October..

IF (and it's a very hopeful if) this goes down, perhaps a PG party date should be picked?

--spud--:)

EveryNow&Then
08-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Yes it is an big IF... but Mr. Wynn and Garth are seeing an awful lot of each other for something not to be in the works. I think the "no deal officially" might be the kind of thing Garth would say with a wink and a smile on his face.. I'm thinking at some point we will see Garth playing at one of Steve Wynn's resorts, but I don't know if it will be this year or even next year. Time will tell... but lord knows we will do our best to be there if it does happen.

It is nice just to have something to hope for after a year and a half of near silence from the Garth rumor mills.

gbfevernorway
08-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Going to see Alan Jackson play in Bergen, Norway (he has sold out the concert, 20 000 tickets in a 300 000 people city - who thinks country is not big in Norway?) is not quite making people around me think I am crazy. Guess it is time to travel to the US to go to some concerts again. So I hope there is something true in the rumors.

Monakayla
08-05-2009, 08:05 PM
I am a believer. I think this is going to happen. There are just too many signs.
It's unofficial, but that just might mean the pen has not hit the paper yet, or the date to announce this publicly has not come yet. We all know our Garth. Garth has ways of letting us know what he wants us to know when he wants us to know. He also loves to make us suffer while we wait to find out! I think he likes driving us crazy so that when we do find out about an event date, it makes us that much more excited! Half the fun is the anticipation, right, ...it's part of "the Garth experience". :D

-Monica

GarthFanIU
08-05-2009, 11:41 PM
I've got a bag packed by the door just in case. :)

Paula
08-05-2009, 11:47 PM
I've got some vacation days saved up and some funds in my Southwest account that I need to use by February or I'll lose them. I'm ready!

Paula

Brett Dale
08-06-2009, 01:27 AM
I'm kinda glad Garth is not doing a stint in vegas the media would of been unkind.