PDA

View Full Version : The night will only know/ billy joel's "The Downeaster Alexa

CSIguy18
04-05-2009, 05:43 AM
Does anybody know if garth's The Night will only know and Billy Joel's The downeaster Alexa have the same background beat? I was listening to Billy Joel's and i thought it sounded really familiar. I know that Billy Joel is one of garth's influences and a friend so maybe Garth sampled billy Joel for the night will only know, just wondering. Just thought i'd ask to see if anyone knew...

Thanks,

Skywise
04-05-2009, 09:56 AM
hmmmm, I 'll have to listen to them again- good question!

Candi<3GB
04-05-2009, 02:55 PM
It definitely sounds the same to me. Good ear!!

Skywise
04-05-2009, 05:34 PM
hmm, now that I listened to it again- it may be the same beat (doesn't sound like a very uncommon beat) but honestly, it sounds faster in the night will only know than the downeaster alexa...

if I had to venture a guess.. I'd say any similarity is coincidental and not a tribute, or an outright sampling, favor, or otherwise on purpose action....

CSIguy18
04-05-2009, 06:46 PM
cool, that's what I was thinking, I was just listening last night to get my Garth fix...haha when i decided to listen to some good old Billy Joel and came to hear the similarities...anyway thanks guy's for the feed back :)

Skywise
04-05-2009, 06:47 PM
hehe- no problem!