PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

GarthDreamer77
03-17-2009, 09:37 PM
Hey Everyone,

Tonight is Country night on American Idol and 2 people have done Garth songs so far.

Michael Sarver performed "Ain't Goin Down Till The Sun Comes Up".

Kris Allen performed "To Make You Feel My Love". Kris did a Great job on it. :)

Take Care & God Bless,
~*Kristen*~

gbkubfan
03-18-2009, 12:10 PM
They also had a small clip of Garth. :-) I voted for Michael and Kris because they sang Garth songs.

Jen19
03-18-2009, 01:22 PM
I enjoyed Kris's perforamce.. Not impressed with Micheal but I have not been a fan. I love Anoop.. wish he had done a garth song.. LOL

Mr_Sevens
03-19-2009, 02:42 AM
Michael was just dumb with his lame excuses for his poor performance. I wanted to throw up when Simon said he couldn't understand the words and Michael's response was "Country folks could!"

Whatever. You just picked a song you can't handle. Sometimes I wonder how even Garth manages to pull off that song.

gbkubfan
03-19-2009, 02:09 PM
They showed a quick clip of Garth again last night. he was handing something to Carrie Underwood.

Mr_Sevens
03-19-2009, 03:16 PM
They showed a quick clip of Garth again last night. he was handing something to Carrie Underwood.

Yeah, I believe that was the clip of when Garth inducted her into the Opry.

Skywise
03-20-2009, 01:39 AM
yeah- seeing Garth there (in pictures) was cool..

hearing Aint going down..... it was ok.. (not great)

hearing to make you feel my love- some stupid judges commentary

hearing walking after midnight- not great

I'm kinda ticked that they booted off alexis grace.. She was the one I was rooting for.. yet they kept the one who ruined the johnny cash song...

Charles
03-24-2009, 05:25 PM
i agree...that one guys "creativity" with the johnny cash song....was terrible.....

on the garth front...i didnt think the guy who sang Ain't goin down did it justice.....I'm shocked the judges didn't use their "power" to save the girl and get rid of the guy....

(i know, where are the names...i don't play close enough attention to remember their names...haha)

Skywise
03-24-2009, 05:33 PM
i agree...that one guys "creativity" with the johnny cash song....was terrible.....

on the garth front...i didnt think the guy who sang Ain't goin down did it justice.....I'm shocked the judges didn't use their "power" to save the girl and get rid of the guy....

(i know, where are the names...i don't play close enough attention to remember their names...haha)

hehe- the girls name was Alexis Grace

The Guy's name (singing AGDTTSCU) was Michael Sarver

The guy who destroyed (in a bad way) the johnny cash song was Adam Lambert

Xavier
03-26-2009, 12:56 AM
destroyed... I dont think Ive heard a bigger understatement. LOL, but really it was indeed terrible. Just Tuuurrrible..

G.BROOKS#1NYFAN
03-27-2009, 01:39 PM
I think Adam Lambert would make a great Chris Gaines. But ONLY if Garth refuses to play the role.

Skywise
03-27-2009, 09:53 PM
hmm, I guess I could see that- he's got the showmanship, he has the look.

He murdered johnny cash's song, but he does have 'it' as it were...