PDA

View Full Version : This Is My America CD featuring Garth Brooks...

kissncry
01-16-2009, 06:03 PM
This is an interesting side note to all the news swirling about Garth's appearance this week. Wonder just what part he is playing (or singing) in this compilation. :D A comment left at the bottome says this was released last year, but when I followed the link the writer gave, I found no mention of Garth. Anyone know anything about this one?

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090116/BUSINESS11/901160357/1003/RSS03

Sherry

Paula
01-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Actually, the comment at the bottom refers to a different boxed set if I'm looking at the same comment you're referencing. That comment refers to the set as being called Song of America released in 2007. The article refers to the set as being called This is My America, and the website where this can be purchased as www.thisismyamerica.com. I couldn't find any mention of Garth there either, but the article did say "He ended up on the album, but we can't mention where he's singing." Maybe he sings background vocals on one of the songs. The website does have song clips that I haven't yet listened to.''

Paula

Paula
01-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Okay, I thought I'd check out some of the songs that were sung by writers I knew he was friends with. Take a listen to the clip of A Good Rain sung by Jenny Yates on Disc 3...and it's Track 7. :)

Paula

BLL
01-16-2009, 10:00 PM
Wow. He's so dang good at harmony, really much better than most of today's lead singers could hope to be. The mark of a true singer.

Skywise
01-16-2009, 10:42 PM
so he's only doing background vocals then? bummer!

kissncry
01-16-2009, 11:45 PM
Okay, I thought I'd check out some of the songs that were sung by writers I knew he was friends with. Take a listen to the clip of A Good Rain sung by Jenny Yates on Disc 3...and it's Track 7. :)

Paula

Thanks for the link, Paula! Yup, sounds like the G Man to me. :D Don't suppose it's any coincidence that he happens to be on track 7, huh? Something about it kind of reminds me of a track on Trisha's last CD called "The Dreaming Fields".

Sherry

LostSessions
01-17-2009, 12:03 AM
Gosh, you could hardly hear Garth! But he and Jenny Yates co-wrote many songs together that ended up on his albums. So, glad he helpd Ms. Yates out with the harmony!

GBronx
01-18-2009, 10:47 AM
My friend Bev did the art work on this project. And also some press and interviews. The first she heard that he was in on the project was after it was released in the above article.

Bev is working her way up the ladder as a photographer plus..
She was there for the Nashville premiere of Hotel for Dogs too!!
She has a blog and web site. PM me or email me for info!!

Paula
01-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Very cool JoAnn. Send me a link.

Paula