PDA

View Full Version : Recent Garth & Trisha Article in Tulsa World

ChameleonAmy
12-14-2008, 04:34 AM
Haven't noticed this article posted yet, and thought it was worth passing along. -- It's an interview with Trisha about Christmas in the Brooks and Yearwood home. Enjoy! :)

http://www.tulsaworld.com/lifestyle/article.aspx?subjectid=39&articleid=20081210_39_D1_GarthB279170

CountryBee
12-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Nice article. Great to hear that Garth and Trisha are following their families' Christmas traditions.
My Mom and I used to make fudge every Christmas, but ours was an easier recipie. We cooked our fudge in the microwave oven, using chocolate chips, and added Marshmallow Creme when the mixture was done cooking. We had to stop making it because Mom was getting too old, and I have had too many shoulder injuries, or surgeries. I got to the point where I could no longer stir the mixture, while Mom added the chocolate chips, then the Marshmallow Creme. We used to give the finished fudge to family and friends as Christmas gifts. Now, Mom is gone and so are the family members, along with many of our friends.
This Christmas maybe I'll be learning, or starting, some new traditions with my Brother, my Nephew, my Sister-in-Law and all of her family.
Bee