PDA

View Full Version : Garth's Christmas Albums...

Charles
12-02-2008, 08:52 PM
I don't really have anything big to say.........other than I have been enjoying listening to Garth's Christmas cds......

Just listened to The Old Man's Back in Town..............and now I'm listening to Mary Had a LIttle Lamb................and now it's Baby Jesus is Born..................Sleigh Ride................Go Tell it on the Mountain ...........................and the list goes on.............

Who else is in the holiday spirit? wooooohoooooooooo!

karik
12-02-2008, 09:07 PM
I just got out my Garth Christmas CDs(just got them this summer) and put them on my iPod, I listen to them on the bus ride to school, plus we had our first real snow for the season, so yes I am all in the holiday spirit!!!

Skywise
12-02-2008, 09:42 PM
When I broke out the Christmas music, Garth's were the first CD's I played! I did get a remembering of how much I loved the first album more than the 2nd... but still, Garth- Christmas- Christmas- Music.. Tis good!!!!!!

G&TTreknTech77
12-02-2008, 11:18 PM
That's interesting Scott, I liked the second more than the first.

The first sounded too country to me (the irony I know). I liked the slick big band feel of TMOC. This of course makes Garth a genious because the albums encompass both sides of Garth's larger sound.

Ryan

Skywise
12-02-2008, 11:21 PM
def. interesting ryan....

I like traditional music, but Garth's first album seemed more him... more emotional.. more connected... more well, honest..

I'm not a huge fan of the 'big band' sound of TMOC. The added (well, rehashed from BTS) songs didn't help- there are some gems on TMOC don't get me wrong- but BTS was more Garth and less 'promotion' to me...

vegitoth
12-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Thanks to the miracle of a CD burner and my Windows Media Player I had a way to combine both albums onto one CD and last year I put in two bonus tracks that in my opinion were Christmas songs, Belleau Wood and Goodnight Moon.

Maggie526
12-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Yes ...I'm in the holiday spirit . It's the most wonderful time of the year :)
BTS & TMOC are the first ones I listen to.
I added Belleau Wood & Little Drummer Boy to my cd's

Goodnight Moon? I've never heard that song.. the children's book yes.. but not the song. :)

vegitoth
12-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Yes ...I'm in the holiday spirit . It's the most wonderful time of the year :)
BTS & TMOC are the first ones I listen to.
I added Belleau Wood & Little Drummer Boy to my cd's

Goodnight Moon? I've never heard that song.. the children's book yes.. but not the song. :)

I knew someone would ask about Goodnight Moon. Jack Ingram recorded this song for his 2002 LP Electric; the songs is like a lullaby being sung to anybody your wife, your baby, your children. I thought about this song being a Christmas song when I thought about Mother Mary and Jesus Christ and how she undeniably loved Him as a parent and with this song Goodnight Moon and those two I realised that if Mother Mary ever sang a lullaby to Jesus Christ when He made His first cries to the world it would've been this song only in a different version because the song has references about cars and windows.

luvsgarth62
12-04-2008, 12:19 PM
I just pulled out the Christmas CDs too. I like the upbeat style of TMOC, but BTS is very traditional. I love, love, love 'Go Tell It On the Mountain!! It makes me cry. The backup singers are wonderful. We sang 'GTIOTM' this past Sunday at church. Then 'Baby Jesus is Born' is very cool too. I really love the traditional, spiritual songs.

-Alicia

misty_winters
12-04-2008, 04:46 PM
wow... im must be really feeling kinda Bah Humbug.... i have not even pulled out my Christmas CD's yet.... i need to get on the ball.... lol....

gbkubfan
12-04-2008, 05:39 PM
I must be weird this year. I have been listening to Xmas CDs for a couple weeks and my radio station started Xmas music the week before Thanksgiving. I have even bought 3 Xmas CDs so far this year. I may be sick of it by Xmas but enjoying so far and am going to pick up a couple more CDs of songs I heard. :-)

Charles
12-04-2008, 06:00 PM
well..the Old Man's back in townnnnnnnnnnnnnn

He's spreading cheer aroundddddddddddddd.....

He's come a long long way.......

with his reindeer and his sleighhhhhhhhhhhh.........

oops..sorry just enjoying the Christmas tunes!...haha

G-f
12-04-2008, 08:05 PM
I know he's remarried now but I still love "Silent Night" and where he does the bit in it about him and Sandy getting to his mom's house for Christmas. Always loved hearing him tell about it when he was asked more about it. Getting there to see mom and running up the steps 2 or 3 steps at the time to see her. Gosh I know he misses her.
Trisha

G&TTreknTech77
12-04-2008, 10:54 PM
I still don't know why we haven't gotten a Duet Christmas album. It would be easy to pick songs and G&T would only need to do a few shows around Christmas time for promotion. Seems like just the sort of light work Garth seems to look for these days.

Ryan

kstickwood
12-10-2008, 08:14 PM
hey all..can anyone help me out??? i have lost the cd somehow :( ..i was pulling out my christmas albums and i have the case for the magic of christmas but i dont have the actual cd!! so devastating!! i can't find it on limewire or torrentz anywhere so i can't download it...does anyone have it on the computer that they can send me the album so that at least i can have it on my computer??
message me if you can help! thanks!

Steven75407
12-10-2008, 09:31 PM
G.B. & T.K. = Great Christmas Music

I've been listening to Christmas music by two Okies. Garth's Beyond the Season and Magic of Christmas: Songs from Call Me Claus, as well as Toby Keith's Classic Christmas CDs.

I wish the country music stations would play nothing but Country Christmas music. It's December, HELLO!

vegitoth
12-12-2008, 07:45 AM
hey all..can anyone help me out??? i have lost the cd somehow :( ..i was pulling out my christmas albums and i have the case for the magic of christmas but i dont have the actual cd!! so devastating!! i can't find it on limewire or torrentz anywhere so i can't download it...does anyone have it on the computer that they can send me the album so that at least i can have it on my computer??
message me if you can help! thanks!

garthbrooks.com is still selling copies of the CD you can go over there and buy a new one.

MuchTooYoung
12-12-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm with Ryan; I prefer Garth Brooks & the Magic of Christmas to Beyond the Season. I never got around to getting the re-issue, which replaced the three BTS songs, but I did pick up the Call Me Claus single, so I have the three songs. And, yes, it is nice that all the Garth Christmas songs fit on one CD, including "Belleau Wood."

Other favorite Christmas albums are Alan Jackson's Let It Be Christmas, Martina McBride's White Christmas (another one that was re-issued with additional tracks I never bought), and I'm a big fan of Elvis's Christmas music. The new Christmas Duets project is a mixed bag (like most posthumous duets tend to be), but the 8 minute long cut of "Merry Christmas Baby" with Gretchen Wilson is worth the price of the entire album. And, of course, I always make sure to play George Strait's Christmas albums.

kstickwood
12-12-2008, 12:02 PM
garthbrooks.com is still selling copies of the CD you can go over there and buy a new one.

thanks.. i looked.. but they actually aren't..its shows that its available, but when you click on the link it takes you to the walmart website and it says it is not available online or instores. I know the CD isn't available anywhere in stores...I may just have to suck it up and buy it off someone on ebay... but I really just wanted the songs atleast for this christmas on my computer so I could listen to them.. :( ..and for next year I will buy it off ebay or something I guess..but its too late now by the time I order it and it gets delivered Christmas will be gone...so if anyone can just send me the songs on the computer that would be SO appreciated!!

MuchTooYoung
12-12-2008, 12:05 PM
thanks.. i looked.. but they actually aren't..its shows that its available, but when you click on the link it takes you to the walmart website and it says it is not available online or instores. I know the CD isn't available anywhere in stores...I may just have to suck it up and buy it off someone on ebay... but I really just wanted the songs atleast for this christmas on my computer so I could listen to them.. :( ..and for next year I will buy it off ebay or something I guess..but its too late now by the time I order it and it gets delivered Christmas will be gone...so if anyone can just send me the songs on the computer that would be SO appreciated!!

Pretty sure that'd be illegal. If you have a Half Price Books nearby, you should definitely give them a look. I found a used copy of Beyond the Season for a dollar just a couple weeks ago.

Skywise
12-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Pretty sure that'd be illegal. If you have a Half Price Books nearby, you should definitely give them a look. I found a used copy of Beyond the Season for a dollar just a couple weeks ago.

yeah that's kinda advertising piracy or inviting it- not somethign that PG, or GB, or the RIAA would look too fondly on..

kstickwood
12-14-2008, 11:38 PM
yeah that's kinda advertising piracy or inviting it- not somethign that PG, or GB, or the RIAA would look too fondly on..

well i would go out and buy the cd if it was possible... but its not in stores or online anywhere..so this is my only option.......and i'm from canada, where downloading music is not frowned upon and not thought of as illegal so i didnt really think anything of it... i didnt mean to advertise anything illegal or ask anyone to do anything they didn't agree with... just wanted to have some garth christmas music in my house, thats all :)
i apologize if anyone is offended or upset by my request..

kstickwood
12-14-2008, 11:39 PM

i will definitley check out some of the used book stores around..thanks for that suggestion!

Skywise
12-14-2008, 11:40 PM
no problem- some here might frown on it was all... :D I understand wanting to get it...