PDA

View Full Version : Crook & Chase

Paula
10-04-2008, 10:54 PM
There was a nice article by Cindy Watts in today's Tennessean on the 25th anniversary of the Crook & Chase partnership. I miss seeing them and don't get RFD-TV where they recently found a new home. Here is the Garth-related excerpt.
Crook and Chase have countless favorite memories from their time on the air, and shared 10 of their best stories in commemoration of their 25th anniversary.

Crook: In Nov. 2002 we got a call from Garth Brooks' assistant saying, 'Garth wants you to come to his house on a certain night at a certain time.' We walk in and it's us and a couple of songwriters a group of about 20 people.

So what he had decided to do, because he had already announced his retirement by then, was make up these like Super Bowl rings, and on one side it said Brooks and on the other side it said Crook, on his it said Chase. It had a big ruby on the top, and on top of the ruby it had the Garth Brooks G in gold. He presented the rings one by one to each of us and told us why we had been essential in his career.

I cried all the way home. And it wasn't just what he said about me and Charlie, it was the beautiful things he said and noticed about every single person. We interview artists who don't even know who wrote their hit songs. Well, Garth sat there and was able to give personal qualities about 'why you mean something to me.' And it kind of just shows that if you try to stay out of the politics of it and you try and do the right thing, people notice. And in this case, Garth acknowledged us for it and it was really sweet.I dont remember hearing about this before, but I'm certain there are many more stories like this that we may never hear about. For the full article, click here (http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081004/ENTERTAINMENT12/810040302/1005/ENTERTAINMENT).

Paula

Skywise
10-04-2008, 11:02 PM
huh- i'd not heard of this either- it'd be interesting to see a picture of the rings.....

Maggie526
10-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Very nice article thanks for posting it Paula.

Jona
10-05-2008, 05:24 AM
How cool! Thanks for posting it :)

Susan, M.A.
10-05-2008, 11:50 AM
There was a nice article by Cindy Watts in today's Tennessean on the 25th anniversary of the Crook & Chase partnership. I miss seeing them and don't get RFD-TV where they recently found a new home. Here is the Garth-related excerpt.I dont remember hearing about this before, but I'm certain there are many more stories like this that we may never hear about. For the full article, click here (http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081004/ENTERTAINMENT12/810040302/1005/ENTERTAINMENT).

Paula

Thanks for sharing this article with us, Paula. Garth is great at remembering and acknowledging people; that's what makes him so very special.
Susan

BLL
10-05-2008, 08:09 PM
For those of you who still have the 9-8-8 Country Weekly, there's a picture of Garth performing with Billy Joel at Shea- he's wearing Billy's ring on the second finger of his right hand. There's an insert photo of Billy wearing the ring on his ring finger of his right hand.

Shutrbug72
10-06-2008, 09:45 AM
I thought they (Billy and Garth) were wearing NY rings (or a ring) that they gave to commemorate the concert at Shea - or something to do with the Mets. That ring didn't have a "g" on it.

Cool thing that he did though.

iriscrazy
10-06-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks so much for sharing that article. It is just so typical of Garth. That's why we are all waiting with our lights on for however long it takes. He is one of a kind.

Robert Wassink
10-08-2008, 01:12 PM
We should make a record with all the PGers together and call it "the immortal light".

GBronx
10-09-2008, 07:57 AM
Paula, I read that article. I just love hearing about all the "little" things he does.
thanks for sharing it on PG!!