PDA

View Full Version : Video for you...take a blood pressure pill first

gbcrazy
09-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Okay at the risk of getting raked........I felt there wasn't any better way to allow this gentleman to see the error of his ways, other than to turn Planet Garth loose on him.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqu0jPi-EDw

GBsgirl
09-12-2008, 01:27 PM
I don't agree with him in regards to Garth, but as for the other half.......I agree.

BLL
09-12-2008, 02:00 PM
I can't listen to that; if this guy wants to slam Obama on his policies, fine, but don't attack his looks. How crass and shallow.

He's obviously never been to a Garth concert or heard him sing with just his guitar. I think John McBride said it best: F*** you if you think its all marketing.

Maggie526
09-12-2008, 02:49 PM
I saw this video last night and sent an e-mail to Mr.Petree. I don't understand why this Minister couldn't express his political views without insulting Garth of all people, Garth has always openly expressed his love of God & Country.

gbcrazy
09-12-2008, 03:36 PM
I posted the video because of the Garth comments. Not to get in a political debate, but I will say if hes going to talk about politics its fine. However, insulting a person, and their family is horrible.

He should not promote his self as a christian, if he feels this way.

kissncry
09-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Obviously, this guy is unhinged....... so just consider the source. I do vehemently disagree with his assessment of Garth. If this man wants to speak about people who have no talent and no substance and are only out for headlines--he only needs to take a long look in the mirror.

Sherry (holding in a very long rant--which I will not air here)

Maggie526
09-12-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm having a problem accepting that this man is a Minister!!! He's also a songwriter... perhaps he has a bit of jealousy concerning the GMAN :)

Skywise
09-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Geez, I thought politics werent' a good discussion to have here necesarily...

interesting though- I'll have to take a closer look at this. from the bit I've heard, it sounds interesting...

gbfevernorway
09-12-2008, 07:19 PM
If he is a minister, he's not a good one. I lasted for 60 seconds, and then got bored with the "talk".

Who gives a s*** about if it's because of marketing or not. I like it. And I like it because I like it, not because somebody tells me to like it. It is called having an opinion...

Monakayla
09-12-2008, 10:32 PM
I posted some thoughts on the matter! Not that our G-man really needs defending. I think his record and his fan loyalty speaks for itself! You know the song folks...it ends with KISS MY A$$!!

-Monica ;)

Okay at the risk of getting raked........I felt there wasn't any better way to allow this gentleman to see the error of his ways, other than to turn Planet Garth loose on him.....

Skywise
09-12-2008, 11:16 PM
why is it that we (some fans) get so dang riled up anytime someone says something critical about Garth, or says something that may not treat him in the manner we think he should be treated in?

seriously guys- it's one person -on youtube- is it really worth the hassle?

He made a comparison- a connection if you will, with the Obama campaign and Garth.. good for him- right or wrong- it's an opinion- there's no need for the (no offense monica (monakayla) KISS MY A## type of reaction- don't give him the satisfaction of commenting on the video or watching it or bringing attention to it if it draws that much ire..

It's kinda like Jesse Ventura said at the Ron Paul "rally" last week- he loves it when you boo him. He's been a villian in wrestling, so he takes it as a term of endearment.. This person may be in some way seeking a negative response from the "garth armada" of fans- or he may be seeking to prove a point that is being made easier for him to make with statements like "other than to turn Planet Garth loose on him..." seriously guys..

think about it

Brett Dale
09-12-2008, 11:20 PM
What a wacko this guy is.

Skywise
09-12-2008, 11:27 PM
interesting.. I've read a bit more about it, and looked at his channel- he's a kinda well known (in a way) person.. here's more about him....

from his website (not putting in URL, but put his name between a www and a dotcom and you'll find it)

"Larry Petree is a multiple Dove nominated and Songwriter of Year recipient!

.........he is a professing Bible believer and Christian. He has served the Body of Christ as singer, songwriter, Pastor, Evangelist and educator, having founded Petree Bible College, an accredited online Bible School. www.petreebiblecollege.com Dr. Petree also authored the hardcopy and audio book, "The Practical Guide to Songwriting."

Dr. Petree has earned a Bachelor of Theology, a Master of Pastoral Counseling, and a Doctor of Theology degree. He was also conferred the honorary degree of Doctor of Sacred Music.

"

interesting....

seems to be more of a southern or older gospel type of musician/artist.. He certainly is well, sure of himself..

here's another quote from his site....

".....My best years and work are before me. I'm still young and optimistic about the future. I have 10,000 more songs to write before my work is completed, and also, I love irritating and converting liberals....." Larry Petree

interesting- gotta listen to his videos before making a judgment totally

Monakayla
09-12-2008, 11:30 PM
I understand where you're coming from. Don't worry. I did not watch enough of the video to draw that much ire. I'm not loosing any sleep or anything. The guy is just wacked. If he can rant on in the manner he did about Garth, he can handle what anyone says to discredit his Garth related statements. Just my opinion.

-Monica

why is it that we (some fans) get so dang riled up anytime someone says something critical about Garth, or says something that may not treat him in the manner we think he should be treated in?

seriously guys- it's one person -on youtube- is it really worth the hassle?

He made a comparison- a connection if you will, with the Obama campaign and Garth.. good for him- right or wrong- it's an opinion- there's no need for the (no offense monica (monakayla) KISS MY A## type of reaction- don't give him the satisfaction of commenting on the video or watching it or bringing attention to it if it draws that much ire..

It's kinda like Jesse Ventura said at the Ron Paul "rally" last week- he loves it when you boo him. He's been a villian in wrestling, so he takes it as a term of endearment.. This person may be in some way seeking a negative response from the "garth armada" of fans- or he may be seeking to prove a point that is being made easier for him to make with statements like "other than to turn Planet Garth loose on him..." seriously guys..

think about it

Skywise
09-12-2008, 11:32 PM
hehe- no problem monica.. I've actually been replied to twice in the last 20min by him online on his youtube channel- he says garth has no talent...

he cant (or hasn't) provided any evidence- just gibberish....

Brett Dale
09-12-2008, 11:38 PM
I posted the video because of the Garth comments. Not to get in a political debate, but I will say if hes going to talk about politics its fine. However, insulting a person, and their family is horrible.

He should not promote his self as a christian, if he feels this way.

If you go to this jackass's webpage, Its in his youtube profile, he is asking people to donate money so he can pay off the debt on his property.

Brett Dale
09-12-2008, 11:41 PM
He also states in links on his webpage, that he works for a mission and is asking for donations. I think he is a con artist, go take a look, is their anywhere where you can report him?

Maggie526
09-13-2008, 12:06 AM
[QUOTE=Skywise;395375]interesting.. I've read a bit more about it, and looked at his channel- he's a kinda well known (in a way) person..

Well known ? I think Mr. Petree is a legend in his own mindů.

Skywise
09-13-2008, 02:36 AM
If you go to this jackass's webpage, Its in his youtube profile, he is asking people to donate money so he can pay off the debt on his property.

Brett- I saw your comments re: obama on his page- I made mine there, as not to make them here.

he is 'e-begging' on his site- that's true-... HOW, HOW is that relevant to his comments re: Garth? (which basically were just an attempt to connect someone being revered in the media)

Skywise
09-13-2008, 02:42 AM
[QUOTE=Skywise;395375]interesting.. I've read a bit more about it, and looked at his channel- he's a kinda well known (in a way) person..

Well known ? I think Mr. Petree is a legend in his own mindů.

he may be... the following people (according to his site! :D) have recorded his songs...

Walt Mills,

The Steels,

The Cathedrals,

The Crabb Family,

The Isaac's,

The McKameys,

Phil Cross and Poet Voices,

Tony Gore and Majesty,

The Hoppers,

The Freeman's,

Karen Peck and New River,

Kevin Spencer and Friends,

The Dunaways,

The Steels,

The Bishops,

The Perry's,

The Perry Sisters,

The Paynes,

The Inspirations,

The Wilburns,

The McGruders,

Ann Downing,

The Goffs,

The Lewis Family,

Mike Bowling,

The Singing Cooks,

John Starns

And many others.

Now, as someone who has worked in a Christian bookstore in the past (I was there for almost 3 years) I will say, I've heard of some of these groups (the bolded ones)..

so he DOES have some exposure, and I remember hearing his name as a songwriter- but I don't think he's a legend..

he is rather funny though, in that he has refused to answer my question (asked twice) about proving or showing that Garth has no talent (or simply tellingsomeone who does have talent in nashville), and has deleted the comment..

That loses a bit of respect in my book- but he's still not that important overall...

There are some who are getting rather snippy about it on his page (in the video's comment section) and honestly- it's not that worth it. I agree with some of what he says about Obama- but not about Garth..

not to mention- his videos? hard to hear- needs to work w/ the volume

Skywise
09-13-2008, 12:07 PM
Well, if we're talking videos w/ Garth connections, I did run across a 9/11 dance tribute video.. was it released before? don't know honestly..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLggpi0DI34

Maggie526
09-13-2008, 12:17 PM
Dr. Petree is a Minister, an accomplished songwriter and possesses great intelligence. He should be able to express himself in a video without resorting to insults.
I have never heard of any of these people that have recorded his songs not that that means anything.. however I did notice that one of the greatest Entertainers of all time is NOT on that list. This could be because he is not a fan of Garth’s and therefore would not ask him to sing a song of his or maybe Garth chose not to associate himself with this pompous, Minister.
I'm not surprised that he has avoided your questions regarding Garth, Scott,the man is arrogant and probably doesn't think he needs to prove anything to you or anyone else. Just my opinion...

Skywise
09-13-2008, 12:30 PM
Maggie- re: the people who have recorded his songs... they do focus more on the southern gospel type of music (the kind that seemed, while at the store, to appeal to the older grandparent types) = its' country to a way....

I dont think he's ever submitted a song to garth, etc. (at least that's my inkling.)

Maggie526
09-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Maggie- re: the people who have recorded his songs... they do focus more on the southern gospel type of music (the kind that seemed, while at the store, to appeal to the older grandparent types) = its' country to a way....

I dont think he's ever submitted a song to garth, etc. (at least that's my inkling.)

Scott I don't relate to Southern Gospel type of music but older Grandparent type that's a different story :)
You are probably right about submitting a song to Garth but I still think Dr. Petree is pompous.

Skywise
09-13-2008, 01:26 PM
that I might tend to agree with (after reading his comments, his deleting of mine, etc..)

Mr_Sevens
09-13-2008, 03:30 PM
This guy is seriously out of his mind.

And I'm not saying that just because I support Garth and Obama.

I say it because I seriously think he is out his mind.

He states that Obama is an out of place misfit who is associated with white terrorists. And Garth is a nashville built machine.

**** That.

Skywise
09-13-2008, 03:53 PM
Well, I certainly do not support Obama- I DO support Garth, whole-heartedly..

I dont' know if he's out of his mind- but he is opinionated and well, kinda gruff!

Garth was not a nashville built machine- he was a people built machine...

re: white terrorists? well, he is associated with Bill Ayers, sevens..

but that is another topic overall.. :D

Maggie526
09-14-2008, 01:14 AM
Yes.. the people did build Garth and the people have been supporting him for almost 20 years.
We all love Garth as an entertainer and a kind generous human being and he loves US.
The hell with what this arrogant Minister has to say!!!

Monakayla
09-14-2008, 01:58 AM
I think politics should be left off this Garth board. I know who I am voting for and why too, but I don't feel this is the place to discuss it. I think that topic could have the potential to take this thread in a negative direction. Just my thoughts...

-Monica

Maggie526
09-14-2008, 11:23 AM
I agree Monica..political views do not belong on the forum. IMHO

iriscrazy
09-14-2008, 02:32 PM
If Garth was built by Nashville why haven't they been able to build another one. There's never been anything like Garth...before or after. Artist that are "created" have no long term sustainability. Most artist have trouble selling out a concert while Garth after 20 years can sell out multiple concerts in minutes. The "minister" should ask the poeple leaving a concert if they feel that they were entertained and got their money's worth? We all know what they'd say. Garth can only be compared to Elvis or The Beatles. Similar things were written about them too. All 3 were created out of their incredible talent and ability to entertain.
Grrrrrrrrrrr!
JMHO.

Skywise
09-14-2008, 03:02 PM
I think politics should be left off this Garth board. I know who I am voting for and why too, but I don't feel this is the place to discuss it. I think that topic could have the potential to take this thread in a negative direction. Just my thoughts...

-Monica

though it will seem like hypocrisy (it's not) I agree with ya there monica..

very much so

thunder rolls
09-15-2008, 03:46 PM

I didn't listen to the entire video, I am not into political stuff, I just read some of the comments that got me fired up!

I just put in my comment to the guy, just a short little one. lol - btw- I am juliec1215 on there.

iriscrazy
09-15-2008, 07:24 PM
If there is one thing that I have learned it's that you cannot reason with unreasonable people. This man is likely not a Dr. and is probably a minister without a congregation. He
He's deranged and delusional and not worth our time.

txtknogk
09-15-2008, 10:25 PM
My humble opinion is that this dude is a legend in his own mind....
He is savvy at one thing, and that is if you say the word Garth, people will at least look/listen. Since publicity is king, he is the top of the dungheap right now. Now which one of us would have clicked on his video if he had merely said "here is how I feel about..."? Not me or at least with his irritating delivery, not very long!

Monakayla
09-16-2008, 12:20 AM
I just clicked on the link to the video to see what else had been posted. Is it just me, or is the video gone? Were there too many people who confronted him and he could not take the heat as well as he could dish it? Or did he just not like the fact that hardly anyone agreed with him. Hmmm....

_Monica

Skywise
09-16-2008, 12:21 AM
yeah it's gone..

but his account:

http://www.youtube.com/larrypetree is still there- you can comment to him directly

Monakayla
09-16-2008, 12:43 AM
I guess camp Garth ended that little video. Right On! I feel no need to comment to him directly.

-Monica :)

yeah it's gone..

but his account:

http://www.youtube.com/larrypetree is still there- you can comment to him directly

Skywise
09-16-2008, 12:45 AM
there's no way to know, Monica- I doubt he'd give us an honest answer though

Skywise
09-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Well, he gave me an answer- I don't know if it 's honest or not...

My question: why did you remove the Garth and Obama video

"Re: garth and obama video

I'm not sure why I removed it. I do so on a whim. Should I put it back up?"

Maggie526
09-16-2008, 12:07 PM
I think it's sad that people need to question the honesty of a Minister.

Skywise
09-16-2008, 07:16 PM
huh maggie?

Monakayla
09-16-2008, 10:30 PM
My thought is this: The video is gone. That is good. I don't think there is any reason for any of us here to further contact this guy. He said some rude things about Garth that were unfounded in his rant, but it's over. As for ministers, We had one that lived right behind my house who was a child molester that ended up in prison. Being a minister does not absolutely make one honest or right...

-Monica

Skywise
09-16-2008, 11:50 PM
very good point Monica- it doesn't..

btw- as a Christian, you're called in a way to 'minister' to people.. but being a minister (which I take to be an ordained pastor).. i'm not so sure he was....

he hasn't commented back to me after I got the answer in post 39

Monakayla
09-17-2008, 12:04 AM
very good point Monica- it doesn't..

btw- as a Christian, you're called in a way to 'minister' to people.. but being a minister (which I take to be an ordained pastor).. i'm not so sure he was....

he hasn't commented back to me after I got the answer in post 39

It really doesn't matter why. I have my opinion as to why, but the fact that it is gone is a good thing. This will be my last post on this thread. To me this matter is case closed.
See you on the other posts. I know there is one post we are all hoping to see: "Garth to play BOK"...or anywhere!!!

-Monica

Skywise
09-17-2008, 12:10 AM
How about playing the pepsi center in Denver? I'd go for that one!

Maggie526
09-17-2008, 01:02 AM
My thought is this: The video is gone. That is good. I don't think there is any reason for any of us here to further contact this guy. He said some rude things about Garth that were unfounded in his rant, but it's over. As for ministers, We had one that lived right behind my house who was a child molester that ended up in prison. Being a minister does not absolutely make one honest or right...

-Monica

Your right Monica and I think it's a sad situation in this country when Ministers who preach the word of God can't be counted on to be honest.
And don't be so sure the video is gone.. my response was.. I removed the video on a whim. I'll put it back soon.

Skywise
09-17-2008, 01:19 AM
Your right Monica and I think it's a sad situation in this country when Ministers who preach the word of God can't be counted on to be honest.
And don't be so sure the video is gone.. my response was.. I removed the video on a whim. I'll put it back soon.

really....... so he's changing s tories now :D

Maggie526
09-17-2008, 02:07 PM
really....... so he's changing s tories now :D

Does that surprise you, Scott?
I think Dr. Petree enjoys annoying people and he does a good job :)

Skywise
09-17-2008, 07:07 PM
no, it's not surprising- I've been listening to a few more of his videos (the ones that I could hear actually- the audio's not good on all of em)

he seems to attach himself to more of the legalistic interpretations of things.. it's disgraceful for a woman to have short hair or for a man to have long hair, that type of thing...

it's not surprising much at all maggie

Maggie526
09-18-2008, 12:56 AM
no, it's not surprising- I've been listening to a few more of his videos (the ones that I could hear actually- the audio's not good on all of em)

he seems to attach himself to more of the legalistic interpretations of things.. it's disgraceful for a woman to have short hair or for a man to have long hair, that type of thing...

it's not surprising much at all maggie

I didn't listen to any of his other videos one was enough for me.. the man is a bit too
obnoxious and arrogant for my taste.
He probably thinks women should be barefoot, pregnant & in the kitchen too :)

Skywise
09-18-2008, 01:05 AM
I will def. agree w/ the obnoxious and arrogant..

I agree with some that he has said (in that he isn't in favor of obama (dont' know if I agree with his reasoning) and that Jimmy swaggart isn't good (he rails about him not being a biblical scholar- that's not the issue) but I agree- arrogant and obnoxious..

re: women- I don't know about that much but he's def. not a feminist! :D