PDA

View Full Version : Garth and Beer

Phildo
08-07-2008, 11:30 PM
You see in the news from time where an artist is going through rehab or artists develop names as "partiers" (Hank Jr., Keith Urban, ect..) I don't think I have ever heard a story like that on Garth. I think I read somewhere that him and Sandy had trouble when he first began touring because he cheated which was a result of his drinking....but then I think I seen/read that his mom bragging about him being such a good boy who didn't drink, smoke, etc... Which got me wondering...which is it? The two stories obviously contradict each other, unless he did drink but then quit (which is possible because if my info is correct his mom's statement came later in his career whereas the thing with Sandy would have happened very early)

P.S. This is all based upon my very weak memory and in no way should be taken as purely fact. I am simply curious and my information could be wrong...

YouSoundBitter
08-08-2008, 07:23 AM
He bearly drinks anymore, between kids and housework and stuff, he's trying to be a good rolemodel. It's a stage he's already gone thru (thankfully was never too bad).

BLL
08-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Garth had said he isn't much of a drinker after having to clean up the bar where he used to be a bouncer. He said when he was first playing the honky-tonks, people would send him up drinks, he felt obligated to take at least a sip, and at the end of the night would be a bit fuzzy. He very quickly realised he needed to tell the bartender to send him non-alcoholic drinks.

iriscrazy
08-09-2008, 12:01 AM
I kind of liked watching him swig down that long neck in the MTAM video.