PDA

View Full Version : Garth Made Me The Artist I Am

roguewriter01
07-11-2008, 08:32 AM
I got turned on to Garth Brooks when I was 14 years old. For me it was everything Garth Brooks. I wanted to be just like Garth ya know. I wanted to sing the kind of songs he would sing and write the kind of song he would write. I remember when during the big buzz of his "Central Park Concert" I was so excited, I had to be in Michigan visiting my Uncle Bobby (another big garth fan). So we're all sitting around his living room and it was getting close to show time for the concert, and my Uncle Bobby said, "you really dig this guy don't ya." And I said, "Garth's my hero!!!" So Uncle Bobby flipped the channel over to HBO and cranked up the surround sound and that concert light my world on fire.

And it's not so much the whole "Swinging from the rafters and lighting the stage on fire" that got me the most about him. It was those moments when he's let the band take a break and he'd sit down in front of the massive crowd and sing for them "unplugged." Those were the moments that showed the true heart and soul behind his music.

Now after all these years of performing on stage and finally signing my own recording contract, I can only hope that I finally have a chance to show the world what Garth has taught me: "if your going to dream, dream big." And I do!

I've been coming to this website for years and now that I'm finally a member, I'm tickled that I can share my hair-brained thinking with fellow fans of the man that made me the artist that I am.

www.myspace.com/annetteneumann

Maggie526
07-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Welcome to PG Roguewriter :)

roguewriter01
07-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Thank You Maggie......it's really cozy here......:D

Skywise
07-11-2008, 05:07 PM
welcome to PG!! Enjoy the stage and enjoy your stay Rogue! (can I call you rogue?)

(like the music that I've heard from ya so far on your site)

karik
07-11-2008, 11:53 PM
Welcome to Planet Garth! I visited your myspace and really like your songs!

roguewriter01
07-12-2008, 06:03 AM
Hey Skywise and karik, thanks so much for your input and your warm words......it means a lot..........Wait til y'all see the video I hope will be ready by early fall.......I told DBC I wanted it to have the same feel that "the dance" video did, but "Wish I Knew You" is about the war, so we're going to have footage of the humanity that we sometimes forget with a war....it should be an easy production....I have no idea really since I've never been on camera doing what I do so it's going to be interesting......and yes Skywise, you can call me Rogue......I dig it way!

Skywise
07-12-2008, 10:28 AM
cool beans, rogue!

lucaswynne
07-12-2008, 07:40 PM
As a singer crazy enough to move to Nashville for a dream, I agree that Garth is the artist that made me the songwriter/singer that I am. Nobody's a better role model in this industry. I was one of the lucky ones. My first CD was a Garth CD when I was seven. I was born not longer after the first album, "Garth Brooks".

roguewriter01
07-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Well I love my little town so I doubt I'd move to nashville.....LOL but yeah Garth is the best role model! My first Garth Album was a tape of his debut album.......I would listen to it over and over again while my family was on the road going back and forth to Michigan......my first favorites where "not counting you" (which I would sing a lot) "Cowboy Bill" and "The Dance." That album holds a special place in my heart.

dsdunnam
07-16-2008, 02:54 AM
Welcome to PG. I sent you a myspace add.

roguewriter01
07-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the "add on myspace DS.......I appreciate it...:0)

roguewriter01
07-30-2008, 10:46 PM
omg I'm finally finished with the video I was telling y'all about......it's not as snazzy as I'd hoped but with the recession going on, there wasn't much I could do in the money department......over all, the feel of the video is still there and that's really what matters.......I dedicate this one to all the soldiers in Iraq. Check it out on my myspace page

roguewriter01
08-07-2008, 12:13 AM
Okay so after six hours in a recording studio, we got the final cut for "worlds collide." I was shocked by how well the studio mixed it and I was terrified to sing it.........no it's no power ballad that's for sure and to pull off a very "smooth but not to flat voice" was not easy......I'd rather rip it up rather then whisper ya know.......but all in all I think you guys aught to like it......:0) so when you get a chance, check it out.......if you like this one, you're gonna love the rest of the album when it's done.