PDA

View Full Version : Garth's place on Google Earth

alictf
07-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Has anyone looked at Garth place on Google Earth? Could anyone point me to it? latitude/longitude?

just like to see it...I believe it is NE of Owasso?

thanks

(bummed about the BOK announcement :( )

Mr_Sevens
07-08-2008, 02:03 PM
never thought of looking on there! That would be pretty neat to find it on there.

CountryBee
07-08-2008, 02:52 PM
The last time I went to Google Earth and looked for Garth's house, somewhere between Owasso and Claremore, I couldn't find anything. Google Earth does "black out" certain places, and celebrities homes, on their request, to protect their privacy. Another post, the one about his new house in Malibu has some links to photos of Garth's house in OK.

muppetfan88
07-08-2008, 03:40 PM
I found it the other day, but I'm not posting it on the boards, cause I'll probably get booted.

Hint! The new house will not be on Google Earth. However it will be on Mapquest's Earth View thingy.

It's actually pretty cool!

kissncry
07-08-2008, 04:44 PM
I found it the other day, but I'm not posting it on the boards, cause I'll probably get booted.

Hint! The new house will not be on Google Earth. However it will be on Mapquest's Earth View thingy.

It's actually pretty cool!

Yeah, it's been posted on the net on a few different sites. Probably not best to post it here for obvious reasons. The places I've seen listed are definitely his place though, no doubt.

Sherry

YouSoundBitter
07-09-2008, 07:26 PM
I looked for it at GOOGLE and couldn't find it, now I know why LOL. Those pesty cloads:-P

TJsgotGBfever
07-09-2008, 07:38 PM
just gonna say its on maps.live.com

kind of hard to hide that kind of land with a huge house on it... so even if you only know roughly where to look you can't really miss it. I found it in about 9 clicks.... going from the whole U.S. in... and I didn't know exactly where to go. LOL

karik
07-10-2008, 12:21 AM
I think I found it on microsoft live maps. I'm not sure, it gets white if you zoom in?

karik
07-10-2008, 12:24 AM
I went to look up my house, but there isn't a picture for it yet if you get closer than 100 yards.

CountryBee
07-10-2008, 04:14 PM
No matter which maps search I use, I still can't find Garth's house in Oklahoma. How did you guys find it so easily?
Bee

YouSoundBitter
07-10-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm surprise this threads still here. Anyways, it's like a shopping mall in the middle of nowhere:-P

Garthmedic
07-11-2008, 01:39 AM
.....and the mods are watching this one closely ;) We do not allow the exact location of Garth's home(s) to be posted here. (yes, I know his Malibu address was posted in the open). His Oklahoma, full-time home, location is off-limits- out of respect of his privacy. This includes coordinates and links to satellite imagery in which the lat/long can be discovered.

Discussion is OK. Explicit locations is not.

--spud--:)

YouSoundBitter
07-11-2008, 09:35 AM
It is the how we build and it is impressive to say the lest.

Skywise
07-11-2008, 11:15 AM
good to know this one's being watched- it's a bit well, stalkerish at times (my opinion) but also I admit contains some interesting discussion too

Robert Wassink
07-12-2008, 06:34 AM
Why post an exact location?
Last year november I drove from Oklahoma City to his house,
just by using Google Earth and some hints people gave me
(and I am not even American).
It's not that hard to find Garth's place on Google Earth...

I think it's a good thing not everybody knows where he lives,
at his gate last year there where 6 people totally,
and not anybody disturbed Garths privacy,
we just waited there and talked for a vew hours and went away.

I think if the whole world knows where he lives it would be a lot more crowded overthere and I think not everybody will respect it if Garth doesn't show up.

For me it was a nice experience seeing where he lives,
but I didn't feel disappointed Garth didn't come out of his house,
got to speak to his gardener and some other people who know Garth in person and I made some nice pictures.