PDA

View Full Version : Garth and vacations

CountryBee
06-03-2008, 02:20 AM
My curiosity is getting the better of me. I've been wondering if Garth, Trisha and their "girls" are planning a summer vacation? Does anyone know what Garth's daughters like to to do for the summer and where they like to go? Do Garth and Sandy take turns taking "the girls" on vacations?
Bee

Robert Wassink
06-03-2008, 04:44 AM
I wonder if he uses his guitar to play and relax when he is on vacation...

Skywise
06-03-2008, 10:22 AM
my guess would be no, but I'd be perfectly ok if I'm wrong too

mammafox
06-03-2008, 01:32 PM
I believe he takes his guitar everywhere with him - he has always said how much music means to him and how lucky he is to be able to do something he loves for a living - so yes I think he does take his guitar with him, even on vacation

Maggie526
06-03-2008, 01:33 PM
I would say yes. I can picture Garth relaxing somewhere, grabbing that guitar.. and singing cover songs of his idols.

karik
06-03-2008, 02:35 PM
I would say yes. I can picture Garth relaxing somewhere, grabbing that guitar.. and singing cover songs of his idols.

How I would love to be there....

Jona
06-03-2008, 02:44 PM
I work in a beautiful hotel, they are more than welcome to have their vacation there :)

Baton Rouge
06-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Well....music is his life. The guitar by his side....

lucaswynne
06-06-2008, 06:43 PM
Where would Garth get money for a vacation? He's only sold 165 million albums. Ha.

Skywise
06-06-2008, 06:48 PM
I thought it was 128 (or 129?) million-

anywho- yeah, how can he afford a vacation! :D ;)

lucaswynne
06-06-2008, 08:14 PM
123 is the official count. I don't know what the "real" count is.

Skywise
06-06-2008, 10:03 PM
ok, I'll bite, play dumb, be confuzzled (maybe it's the ice cream I had tonight...)

the "real" count?

BLL
06-06-2008, 10:06 PM
At the time he was given the Milestone award, during his press conference last fall he had reached 123 million in sales. Now, with the 'official' award given during the ACMs his count is up to 128 million.

Skywise
06-06-2008, 10:10 PM
ahh- so I was in the neighborhood of correct then! :D

phillyfan77
06-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Sorry, I had to chuckle when I read the title of this thread, and finding out that the thread isn't what I thought it would be about... I thought it would be about us scheduling our vacations around wherever Garth is. :) LOL

CountryBee
06-15-2008, 03:06 PM
This thread has gotten a bit off topic. I was wondering if Garth and his family have some favorite places to go for summer vacation or on school holidays. Since Garth still travels some for charitible causes, and Trisha does go on short concert tours, do they just stay home when everyone has time off, or do they go someplace special together? Do Garth and Trish like to get away alone, sometimes, and at other times take the whole family with them?
Bee

Jona
06-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Don't they have a vacation house in Florida? And in the cookbook Trisha mentions something about skiing in Colorado or something.

Skywise
06-15-2008, 09:02 PM
skiing in colorado isn't a small time thing, necessarily- there are a lot of places you could ski, and if they have a 'home' or getaway or something in Colorado for skiing, it's also likely that it's in Aspen or Vail, or Telluride, etc.....but did TY mention the location in colorado specifically?

Maggie526
06-16-2008, 12:57 AM
Trisha said She, Garth & the Girls went to Colorado on spring break one year and spent a week in the guesthouse of friends.

Skywise
06-16-2008, 12:59 AM
ahh- that's a def. possibility- his T4K foundation's based if memory serves in littleton CO. The director, etc. of it is a member/longtime attendee of the church I go to, and has spoken on many occasions...

Maggie526
06-16-2008, 09:48 AM
I don't think Garth or Trisha are going to publicize the exact location of where they are going or where they have been on vacation..Nor should they!!

Skywise
06-16-2008, 10:12 AM
well said Maggie- honestly, w/o trying to be too rude, do we really need to be THAT curious as to their vacation habits?

Robert Wassink
06-16-2008, 10:52 AM
I must agree with you guys, Garth does still stay a normal guy compared a lot off other artists these days, they love to be in the spottlights all day and are also doing whatever they can do to get some publicity. So I think Garth has the right to have a normal vacation without all those rude people making photo's and asking for interviews, autographs and so on.

Maggie526
06-16-2008, 01:21 PM
well said Maggie- honestly, w/o trying to be too rude, do we really need to be THAT curious as to their vacation habits?

Curious, maybe but as fans do we need to know where, when & what The Brooks family does on vacation. I don't think so. They are entitled to their private lives, especially The Girls. Just MHO.

Skywise
06-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Exactly

txtknogk
06-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Bee, I,too, have often wondered where the celebrities go on vacation! Having gone to Disney World last March, the thought crossed my mind that my family was very blessed to be able to have that experience and to be creating all the wonderful memories. No one knew who we were or even cared! We were able to ride the monorail system, talk to strangers around us, connect with others, and no one bothered us at all. That is a freedom that is very special, but that is one that celcbrities don't get to enjoy. Wondering and stalking are two different things entirely, and to wonder is not a mortal sin! I have been fortunate to be around singers at concerts several times-I am polite and greet them like anyone else-no autographs or pictures! I met PaPa Bush and Barbara Bush-no autographs or pictures! Several senators-no autographs or pictures! Even a small number of actors-no autographs or pictures asked for there either! They do deserve their space, but if they didn't like some attention, they would not be doing what they are doing!

LostSessions
06-17-2008, 04:44 PM
I, too, do not believe it's anyone's business where Garth and his family take their vacations.

But if anyone knows if he's gonna be in Hawaii this coming weekend, be sure and tell me, cuz' that's where I'll be! :p

iriscrazy
06-17-2008, 04:57 PM
I don't know about their vacations but they've been known to frequent several of the restaurants in the Tulsa area. No stalkers have been reported. Some ask for autographs and pictures and Garth is reported to gladly do so. They are treated with the respect that they deserve but he is a celebrity. I am waiting for my chance encounter. I'm not a stalker but I am a fan who given the chance will politely ask for an autograph and a pic.

Moo112
06-18-2008, 12:31 AM
It is cool, they can go where they want. I am sure both Garth and Trisha understand the price that they pay for being famous. But respect them when they are with their family.

YouSoundBitter
06-18-2008, 04:53 AM
If gas prices keep rising, even Garth won't be able to afford to go anywhere on vacation...

Maggie526
06-18-2008, 12:04 PM
It is cool, they can go where they want. I am sure both Garth and Trisha understand the price that they pay for being famous. But respect them when they are with their family.

I couldn't agree more Moo :)

karik
06-20-2008, 09:59 PM
If gas prices keep rising, even Garth won't be able to afford to go anywhere on vacation...
I have a feeling they have money and that isn't really an issue. I think that it would just be not to take that for granted. That just seems like the way Garth is. He has more money than his grandchildren will ever know what to do with, but he still is down to earth. Being "that one guy from Oklahoma" who made it big.