PDA

View Full Version : About the Ultimate Hits

Scarecrow
05-23-2008, 01:02 PM
I don't understand the Ultimate hits. How come there wasn't a song from the new ones that were on Double Live like the studio version of It's Your Song, why did The Fever get on it when it wasn't really a hit on the radio. How come It's Midnight Cinderella wasn't on it when it was played alot back when it came out, or She's Every Woman which was a #1. Why didn't it have The 2000 version of Wild Horses which did very well. If anyone else wants to comment with some they think should have been on it please do.

Charles
05-23-2008, 01:20 PM
there's more to being an "ultimate hit" than being played on the radio...

the fever is HUGE in concert....

and I believe songs like You Move Me and She's every woman didnt make it because.....well Garth said something like "you gotta be careful with the ballads"...basically meaning you dont want to slow and album down with ballad after ballad...even though both of those songs were hits on the radio....

I do agree with the studio version of It's Your song.....i would have liked to have that...and Wild Horses too! ...simply because the 2000 version wasn't put on an album...

I like the mix Garth picked for the Ultimate Hits...he did an awesome job of deciding what the track listing should be...