PDA

View Full Version : My New TATTOO

GARTHENATOR
05-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Well, this is the first time I have ever posted something but I come here and read all your threads from time to time and I just finished reading and linking up to you tube, the song you all wrote. I think it is amazing and I am sure Garth has seen it in some form.
I have been a Garth fan for as long as I can remember and even though my friends did not like country when I was growing up, it was amazing to me that every time a Garth song came on, they magically knew all the words...lol
A number of years back, I actually was a Garth impersonator for a MAJOR radio station here in So Cal (that is no longer on air). As much as I could not see it, I was stopped almost daily with comments about looking like Garth. It was more prominant when he was in his best shape and playing ball so even when I was wearing just my ball caps, I still got the comments.
Anyways, i just wanted to share with you all the tat I designed and had done for my birthday last october. In October of 98 I had a bad accident and with all the broken bones, I also ended up with 2 plates and 13 screws so, from that time on, my friends started calling me Garthenator instead of just Garth. I am a custom painter, www.paintbymike.com and my myspace is PAINTBYMIKE if anyone would like to see what I do or more pics of the actual tat being done. Anyways, back to the point, if I can figure out how to post some pics, Id like to share them with you. I am sure some of you will recognize that I had the most famous tattoo artist in the world right now do this tat for me also just to make it that much more special and awesome.
I think this web site is amazing and I really enjoy coming here to read what you all have to say.
Hopefully all our dreams will come true someday soon and Garth will be back..........Take care...........Mike

LostSessions
05-02-2008, 12:39 AM
Hey Mike,

LOVE YOUR TATTOO!!!

It looks awesome, and you got it done by Kat Von D!!! I met her at a tattoo convention about a year ago.

If you could please, post some more pics. on here. The one you posted is a little too small. I would love to see it up close. Kat (obviously) does excellent work. You are a lucky guy.

Thanks for sharing this with us!

mammafox
05-02-2008, 07:47 AM
I am so glad that you went to the best to get your tat done. Please try to put more pics on the sight so we can get a better look.

Maggie526
05-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Hi Mike..Welcome to PG :)
Very cool Tattoo!! Thank you for posting it for us.

lucaswynne
05-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Wow! That's what I call dedication! I'm not a tattoo guy myself and wouldn't get one, but hey... if you're goin t get a musician, why not the best!?

Everybody can check out bigger pictures on Mike's MySpace:
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=189269913&albumId=1009588

okiegirl2007
05-03-2008, 01:34 PM
WOW. that is amazing. I love to watch LA Ink. Kat Von D is amazing tattooist.
she done a great job on it. Your lucky. Hey, can i add you to my myspace?
pm if you are interested in adding me.

Skywise
05-03-2008, 05:33 PM
now that's an interesting tattoo!

mammafox
05-06-2008, 01:56 PM
cool pics :)

garthfan76
05-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Very cool tat & Kat is an awesome artist to watch. If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost to get it? I have one & of course want more:)

dsdunnam
05-07-2008, 02:24 AM
It looks very cool Mike, i would love to see a bigger picture.

mammafox
05-07-2008, 12:17 PM
I would love to know the cost as well