PDA

View Full Version : Garth Mii on the Wii

MuchTooYoung
03-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Hey, guys. This might be a bit off the beaten path for a PG forum post, but I thought those of you who might be interested would find this fun. For those of you who find this post a complete waste of time, I sincerely apologize. (Had I been Garth, I might have phrased that, "Thank you for letting us come to the great Planet Garth forum to post our thread. We hope you like what we've brought with us. We came here to party, so let's get to it!")

If you or someone in your house has a Wii, you're probably familiar with the Miis; they're cartoonish people that you can create. If your Wii is connected to the internet, you can run the Check Mii Out Channel (it's entirely free), where people from all over the world post Miis they've created. There are a ton of celebrity Miis (a plethora of Napoleon Dynamites, "Family Guy" and "Simpsons" characters, etc.), so I decided to do a Garth Mii. Here's how to search for it:

1) Make sure your Wii is connected to the internet and that you have downloaded the Check Mii Out software (if you haven't, you can get it from the Wii Shop free of charge)
2) Go into the Check Mii Out Channel
3) Select "Posting Plaza"
4) At the bottom of the screen that comes up, you'll see a smiley face next to the word "Popular." Click that bar.
5) At the bottom of the menu screen that comes up next, you'll see "Search." Click on that.
6) On the top of the next screen (I promise this isn't as complicated as it sounds!) you'll see "Set Conditions" and beside it will be an icon of two arrows chasing each other in a circle. You guessed it; click that.
7) The new screen will ask you to input an ID number for the Mii you're looking to find. That number is:

2902-1967-8850

If any of you finish reading this and actually do this, I would sincerely appreciate feedback. When you open it, you can choose to say if you like it, and you can even copy it to your own Wii. (It's fun to play baseball on the Wii Sports game and have my Garth Mii come up to bat!) I've done several other Miis, including old man Johnny Cash, Alan Jackson, the main characters from "The Dukes of Hazzard" and "Star Trek: The Next Generation."

karik
03-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Oh!! I am going to get a Wii sometime this year when they actually in stock and I have the money, I wish I could see that!!

vegitoth
03-22-2008, 08:44 AM
I could but dont have what I need for the Wii to connect to the internet

MuchTooYoung
04-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Hey, I don't know who has actually found my Garth Mii and voted for it, but he has quickly become my highest rated Mii so far. Thanks!

MuchTooYoung
10-16-2008, 03:38 PM
I have a picture of the Garth Mii. Because I had to photograph the TV, because the Miis naturally keep moving left to right and because I had to shrink this down considerably just to even post it here, it doesn't really do the Mii justice. Still, it's the best I can do for anyone who might want to see it but doesn't have a Wii.

Robert Wassink
10-17-2008, 04:46 AM
I will look for the mii character today...

GBronx
10-17-2008, 04:56 PM
That is funny!! My kids made a Mii that resembles my husband!!! It so looks like him!!!

karik
10-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Cool! I actually didn't get a Wii, my gosh do they ever stock them? My family looked at every store we went to all year, NEVER was there 1!

vegitoth
10-18-2008, 02:37 PM
I have a picture of the Garth Mii. Because I had to photograph the TV, because the Miis naturally keep moving left to right and because I had to shrink this down considerably just to even post it here, it doesn't really do the Mii justice. Still, it's the best I can do for anyone who might want to see it but doesn't have a Wii.

too bad the mii's dont come with hats

MuchTooYoung
10-26-2008, 11:53 PM
too bad the mii's dont come with hats

Actually, Miis can have either a baseball cap or a beanie. They just didn't look right for the Garth Mii. Creative Mii designers have actually constructed the front of hats using eyebrows, but I'm not a big fan of this because if you use the Mii in gameplay, it looks weird if you're not looking directly at the Mii. Incidentally, I have an entire list of codes and characters on my blog:

http://minlshaw.blogspot.com/2008/10/nintendo-wii-check-mii-out-characters.html

Currently, I'm a 4-star rated Mii creator and would love to hit a full 5-stars. My best are Garth, tied with Carrie Underwood, Halle Berry and Daniel Craig as James Bond with 3 1/2 stars each. Thanks to those who have checked this out and boosted my ratings!

vegitoth
01-08-2009, 11:52 AM
found the G.B Mii and I put him in my wii plaza

MuchTooYoung
01-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Thanks! Be sure to check out some of my others, as I've got several other country artists, including Cash, Waylon, Willie, Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood. If you play Guitar Hero: World Tour, I'm told you can actually play using the Miis! And, if you get that game, as of today you can download Brooks & Dunn's "Hillbilly Deluxe," Brad Paisley's "Ticks" and Rascal Flatts's "Me and My Gang," and the game comes with Willie's "On the Road Again." It's not a full-fledged country game yet, but it's off to a good start!

vegitoth
01-09-2009, 12:17 PM
it was at rock band