PDA

View Full Version : New Duet Album With Trisha

iriscrazy
03-03-2008, 10:57 AM
I just heard a rumor on a local radio station out of Tulsa that Trisha's camp is saying that there will be a duet album with Garth. YEAH!!! The info came from Jimmy Carter (?) out of Nashville. Joyce

G&TTreknTech77
03-03-2008, 11:36 AM
They probably got the info the Trisha wines and pines article in which she said it could happen sooner rather than later and within two years.

I HOPE so much that this is true!
Ryan

Skywise
03-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Even without me being the biggest TY fan, I agree Ryan- This would be very cool and I hope it's true- you don't have to like everything about the arrangement (G/TY) to see that they're in love and happy and it would make a great album (and dang, if it can give a knock to the tim and faith juggernaut- all the better)

Maggie526
03-03-2008, 12:03 PM
I think it's true. This is from an article last week in the Trisha forum

"It's just a matter of when," she said. "I think it'll happen sooner or later. It's just something that is a natural for us.

EveryNow&Then
03-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Heard Tim and Faith are not expected to do their duet album for a couple of years... if it is the same for Garth & Trish that would be pretty cool. In fact direct competition would be very very cool! I'd love to see Garth and Trisha blow them out of the water...

Not the biggest Tim and Faith fan, he is ok I suppose but she welllll.... nevermind. I'm not going to be cocky and say I know G&T would blow them out of the water, but it is possible they'd win.

One thing that would worry me is the Trisha side of the equation is not as big of a draw as the Faith side. No offense intended to Trisha or her fans but I think it's fair to say that a Faith record usually out sells a Trisha record given that Trisha's RIAA tally is about half of Faith's. However, I think Garth could easily make up for that loss...

The only other thing that would concern me is that people may like Tim & Faith as a unit better than Garth & Trisha as a unit. Tim & Faith have always been the happy power couple of country music with the seemingly perfect marriage... While we PGers know Garth & Trisha are soulmates and blissfully happy, some people seem to take their relationship very personally and are adamantly opposed to them. I will never understand why they feel single out G&T given the divorce rate in America today especially among celebrities, but I've heard people that just go on and on about what him being a "cheater" and her being a "homewrecker"... We may not feel that way or care what their past is, but it could hurt the record.

Faith Hill was married Pre-Tim for 6 years... and both happily broke engagements to others to be with each other... but I don't think people are even aware of it. If they are, then I've never heard one person say a nasty word about it...

but anyway... Those couple of things could hold the G&T album back, but it would be a hell of a lot of fun to watch a Brookses vs. McGraws race!

I might have to buy 100 copies...

txtknogk
03-03-2008, 07:12 PM
"I might have to buy 100 copies..."
I love it!! Now let's do the math-100 X the # of posters here on PlanetGarth + the rest of the world= A Sure Thing!!

G&TTreknTech77
03-04-2008, 02:37 AM
I've said it before but it's strange to think how I started as a Garth fan and became more of a G&T fan than a Garth fan. When I saw the KC theater show, I was disappointed and felt cheated a little (I know crazy) because Trisha wasn't there... that's nothing against Garth's awesome show just shows I've morphed into a hybrid fan lol

Ryan

Trishafan4life2
03-07-2008, 06:42 PM
My husband became a huge Garth fan over in Kuwait (my step-mom sent him a cassette of Garth's) and I was a Trisha Yearwood fan. When we met in April of '91, it was really "love at first site" and we've been Garth and Trisha fans since we've been together! Our first song together was She's in Love with the Boy, and our wedding song in October '91 was Two of a Kind (Working on a full house) - he had two kids from his previous marriage and we knew we wanted one of our own. So 16 1/2 years later we have our full house - two kids out of the house - and one a couple years left. I'm still a Mega Trisha fan, and he's still a Mega Garth fan - and I am a Mega Garth fan....... :) I've been very fortunate to have met both of them too - nothing like a Garth hug, his cologne, those eyes........ well you all know......... lol ::sighs:: Elvis Presley though (late 60's early 70's) - there's just something about the eyes........ well amongst other things....... lol

iriscrazy
03-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Oh Trishafan4life2, I loved your post! I love stories like that. I could almost smell his cologne...and it lingering on you. I'm not sure how long it would be before I bathed. Glad that you had your Garth and Trisha moment. Now that's just too cool!

Maggie526
03-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks for sharing that story Trishafan :)

kissncry
03-07-2008, 10:35 PM
I know this is sorta OT, but keep reading about how good Garth smells. Does anybody know what cologne he wears to make such an impression? Just curious?

Sherry

Trishafan4life2
03-08-2008, 01:48 AM
Oh Trishafan4life2, I loved your post! I love stories like that. I could almost smell his cologne...and it lingering on you. I'm not sure how long it would be before I bathed. Glad that you had your Garth and Trisha moment. Now that's just too cool!
Needless to say that was back during the Desert Shield/Storm time.....

oh trust me - I waited as long as I could to hang on to that smell....... ::sighs:: I even took his baseball hat off and ask him what's up with all that white hair, and he said he can thank his momma for that. This was a couple of years ago. He used to live about 20 minutes away when he lived in Goodlettsville and Trisha live 5 - 10 minutes away from me when she was married to Robert. I sure miss seeing both of them all the time.... but there's still times when I see them in Nashville though. :)

Yes, inquiry minds would like to know what kind of cologne our Garth wears....... ::sighs::

Gbfanoh
03-08-2008, 10:38 PM
I got a Garth hug back in the 90's after a show in Indy and I kept that shirt in a plastic bag for well over a year. Couldn't tell ya what cologne it was but OH My.... Can still smell it

DavidN
03-09-2008, 08:47 PM
I'm not the biggest fan of Trisha, it's nothing personal against her, I love her voice but there's not many of her songs I like.

It would be fun if their duet album was all Classic Country stuff like Conway & Loretta, Porter & Dolly etc. Heck, i'm sure anything they come up with will be better than Mr & Mrs "I need you like a needle needs a vein" McGraw lol.

iriscrazy
03-09-2008, 09:41 PM
DavidN...When I first heard that line, "like a needle needs a vein" I thought surely I heard that wrong! Nope. Is that the best that the writer could come up with? Why do you think they left that line in?? I hate it!

Mr_Sevens
03-09-2008, 09:53 PM
DavidN...When I first heard that line, "like a needle needs a vein" I thought surely I heard that wrong! Nope. Is that the best that the writer could come up with? Why do you think they left that line in?? I hate it!

hah, i actually kinda like that line...

Jona
03-09-2008, 10:31 PM
I actually like the whole song. I'm not a big Tim/Faith fan, but I like this one.

iriscrazy
03-09-2008, 11:03 PM
I like the song...I just don't like that particular line.

P B
03-10-2008, 12:22 AM
Extremely rare that I post, but this thread caught my eye for a couple of reasons.

When it comes to music, Trisha and Garth are 2 of my 3 favorites, so I would love to finally get a duet album. If they do make one – I hope it is as good as some of the past country duet greats – and that it’d be the first in a series – while not distracting from solo work (again like other great country duet partners in the past).

Not being a McGraw/Hill fan or really a fan of today’s mainstream “country” music radio, I’m not familiar with the duet that y’all are talking about. But since U2 is the other member of my three musical favorites – when reading that McGraw/Hill have a duet with the lyric “like a needle needs a vein” in it, I immediately thought – oh heaven, don’t tell me they covered U2’s Hawkmoon 269. Looked it up on the net and see that they didn’t (Thank goodness! from my perspective.) – just the songs have the same line.

Back to lurking.

Charles
03-10-2008, 01:49 PM
gosh..don't you hate when you are giving blood ...and the nurse can't find your vein? haha....

If Garth and trisha do finally get this album out there......I think it would be cool to atleast do one remake of an old song like LA woman MS man....

Their version rocked on the Loretta Lynn special a while back!

Seminole Garth
03-11-2008, 01:07 AM
I would like to hear them sing Your the Reason God Made Oklahoma.

madnessmike
03-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Not to sound like Debbie DOwner but I hope that they only have new songs on the record. I don't want the live recording of Wild is the Wind, Love will Always win and so forth. We deserve new stuff!

Skywise
03-11-2008, 10:19 PM
hehe- Mike- I loved it- your post, abotu "debbie downer"- not a rachel Dratch fan but dang, that was a funny character on SNL!

I agree- I don't care much to hear rehashes of old songs unless (and I'm a sucker for this song if they do it right) they do an acoustic (only guitar) rendition of Walkaway Joe- Garth does a great harmony on it..

Mr_Sevens
03-12-2008, 01:00 AM
Not to sound like Debbie DOwner but I hope that they only have new songs on the record. I don't want the live recording of Wild is the Wind, Love will Always win and so forth. We deserve new stuff!

here's the thing though, you're probably going to get that stuff, just because I believe Garth will want it to be complete and it won't be without all their previous duets.

but you know what? i personally don't care as long there is an albums worth of new songs on it too. and why should any really, if you think about it.

iriscrazy
03-12-2008, 10:41 AM
If he does an album with Trisha he will likely get out there and promote it which means that we will get to see more of him. I'd love a whole new album but I think I'll have to put that one in my fantasy drawer for right now (along with a concert at the BOK) because it's not going to happen (IMO). So I'll take whatever crumb his Garthiness would like to give. Please...anything, give us something.

Maggie526
03-12-2008, 02:21 PM
I'd like Garth & Trisha duets of The Dance, To Make You Feel My Love & Walkaway Joe.

MuchTooYoung
03-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Not that Garth or Trisha cares what I think (they'll either record this thing or they won't, but if they do, I'm sure they'll just pick songs they want to record together), but I would rather hear more songs like "Squeeze Me In" than "Wild as the Wind." I don't know why, but they don't sound interesting together to me on slower songs. Before "Squeeze," the only one of their duets I even liked was "In Another's Eyes," but that was probably due to the fact that I played Sevens repeatedly for, like, six months straight after it came out.

Still, as one poster suggested, we may well wind up with all the previous duets included. If they do that, I would like Garth to go back and actually record lines for "Where Your Road Leads" so it becomes a real duet. Also, for "Double Live," Garth recorded studio versions of the new songs so the band could learn them. I know "It's Your Song" and "Tearin' It Up" were done in the studio, but I've never heard that "Wild as the Wind" was. If so, and if they are going to include previously issued duets, I would appreciate it if they would include that studio version instead of the live track. Lastly, maybe they could do us a favor and include those pre-album duets on a separate, bonus disc. Hopefully, they won't do any retailer exclusive tracks, compelling us to buy multiple copies of the album to complete our libraries.

As for comparing Garth & Trisha with Tim & Faith, I have to say, of the four artists, the only one I've liked all along has been Garth. I have enjoyed most of Tim's stuff since he released "Set This Circus Down," and I have told myself since I was surprised to have enjoyed that album that I would keep buying his stuff until he disappoints me. Neither Faith nor Trisha have ever recorded anything I was absolutely ga-ga over; I'd be hard pressed to put together ten songs by either one that I really liked. I don't much care about their private lives, so who divorced whom isn't important to me as a fan. (Had I been the one Trisha or Faith left for Garth or Tim, maybe it'd be different, but I don't even personally know the guys they ditched.) Still, I have to confess there's something about both women that, in interviews and such, I have always felt I wouldn't like either of them if I spent time with them. Not sure why that is; it's just a vibe.