PDA

View Full Version : Ireland and back

garthaholic02
02-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Okay so I have been dreaming of the day when I go to Ireland and I remember from the ireland and back special Garth singing a song in a lovely turtleneck which made my heart melt and actually is my favorite picture of him...but enough about that... and in that outfit he was sitting on this beautiful landscapre and I have always wondered where it was. I have been looking more into which parts of Ireland I would like to visit and I really (as dorky as it sounds) would like to bring my guitar and sit in the very same spot did in Ireland..so I am wondering if anyone could help me out of the whereabouts of this lovely rock fixture thing in Ireland. I remember there being water...gosh it has been so long. But anything that hits anyone's memory will help. Thanks guys!

karik
02-29-2008, 09:44 PM
He sang 'That Old Wind'. It was beautiful. I really don't know where that was. That would be awesome to go see it and stuff. i'd like to be ANYWHERE and think, oh my god...Garth was once here...

*sighs* i love imagination....

Paula
02-29-2008, 10:34 PM
Okay so I have been dreaming of the day when I go to Ireland and I remember from the ireland and back special Garth singing a song in a lovely turtleneck which made my heart melt and actually is my favorite picture of him...but enough about that... and in that outfit he was sitting on this beautiful landscapre and I have always wondered where it was. I have been looking more into which parts of Ireland I would like to visit and I really (as dorky as it sounds) would like to bring my guitar and sit in the very same spot did in Ireland..so I am wondering if anyone could help me out of the whereabouts of this lovely rock fixture thing in Ireland. I remember there being water...gosh it has been so long. But anything that hits anyone's memory will help. Thanks guys!In the process of posting some Believer Magazine covers by request, I came across the attached. The accompanying article written by Storme Warren stated only that
...my crew and I hopped in a car and followed Garth's bus out of the city of Dublin and into the famous Irish countryside of rolling hills and lush geen valleys lined with ancient stone walls. We stopped high atop a mountain overlooking a beautiful lake. There Garth was filmed singing, She's Every Woman, while propped against a rock high above the water.Maybe you can contact Storme through GAC and see if he recalls the exact location.

Paula

EveryNow&Then
02-29-2008, 10:39 PM
OK.... how do I not remember the She's Every Woman thing??? What I remember and have the video of is him performing That Ol Wind by a small a small Irish Harbor with little boats passing by.

Paula
02-29-2008, 11:10 PM
OK.... how do I not remember the She's Every Woman thing??? What I remember and have the video of is him performing That Ol Wind by a small a small Irish Harbor with little boats passing by.Maybe Storme was mistaken...or maybe he did both songs, but only That Ol Wind was aired. I can't remember which one.

Now that I've pulled out my Believers, I've been going through them. I read more of this particular issue, and in another article that talked about filming the special, there was a caption for another picture of Garth, the director and the producer (Jon Small) taking "a break before shooting a scene in the Wicklow Mountains of Dublin."

Paula

EveryNow&Then
02-29-2008, 11:22 PM
I guess this is one of those many unreleased Garth videos we will probably never see... In fact this one I know we will never see since the song was for Sandy.... :(

lucaswynne
03-01-2008, 12:58 AM
Maybe Waterford City? Hopefully an Irish Garth fan can help you out.

jturtels
03-01-2008, 01:54 AM
Yeah...the picture above is not the same place where he sang "That 'Ol Wind". Good luck!

Gbfanoh
03-01-2008, 08:39 AM
I found the Ireland video for That Old Wind on you tube a little while ago. Don't know if it is still there or not. I love that one too

karik
03-01-2008, 10:32 PM
doubt it's there most Garth related youtube videos are deleted :(

angelamccann
03-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Garth was filmed singing "That Ol' Wind" on the harbour at Howth, about 10 miles outside the city of Dublin. It's very pretty - I've been to Dublin a couple of times for the Garthsights and plan to go back in the not-too-distant future (never saw Garth there though - before my time sadly so I have to make do with the video)!

My favourite part of "Ireland and Back" is Garth singing in a proper Irish pub - I think this is the Brazen Head, which is close to the city centre and Dublin's oldest pub. Hmm. Anyone for a weekend in Dublin...?

Angela x

Creidim
03-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Yeah, it was definitely Howth harbour, just north of Dublin. Beautiful place to visit and I'd highly recommend it.

txtknogk
03-02-2008, 10:29 PM
I'm very envious of your knowledge of Ireland!! I'd go in a minute, but my husband says "get a grip"! Being a travel agent sure makes me get the itchy foot to take off and experience new places! Besides I love the color green!!

dsdunnam
03-03-2008, 02:53 AM
I watch the video of Garth in Dublin often. It is one of my favorites. the country is so beautiful and the people are so into him. I told my daughter that would be the greatest concert experience to get to be a part of it. If he does ever do a show there, im going to try my best to go.

Maggie526
03-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Ireland is a beautiful country and the people are great..warm & friendly they welcome you with open arms. The pubs are the best in the world :)

Seminole Garth
03-03-2008, 11:55 PM
My favorite part of that concert had to be him singing The River and being passed around by the crowd. That would be an awesome feeling and amazing to do.