PDA

View Full Version : What did you do with your tickets?

muppetfan88
02-28-2008, 06:33 PM
Well I would like to show you what I did with my tickets from the KC shows and the LA shows.

I went to all 5 LA shows, and I went to the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Concerts in Kansas City.

For the LA Shows, I put all 5 tickets in a frame with the red F.I.R.E. Logo.

For the Kansas City Shows, I put the ticket in with the corresponding poster for that night. So I have three of these framed.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/griffithwilson/sets/72157604001256170/

What else did you guys do?

karik
02-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Mine are just sitting in my room in a container. I haven't decided what to do with them. I do have a poster from the night I went, though. I want to get it framed.

LostSessions
02-28-2008, 07:12 PM
I framed my lone KC ticket along with concert photos, and of course the 8 X 10 picture of me and Garth from Nov. 4. Best day of my life, hands down. I GOT TO MEET GARTH!!! How cool is that?

mammafox
02-29-2008, 12:17 AM
my one lone ticket from LA show is in my underware drawer waiting for me to decide what to do with it.

kissncry
02-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Ours are still on the front on the fridge. Maybe I could make mine into a keychain so I could carry it with me whenever I needed a smile.:D

Sherry

karik
02-29-2008, 10:49 PM
so muppetfan88 and LostSessions are the only ones so far that actually really did something with their tickets. I'm glad to see that I'm not alone with just leaving them!

Mr. Midnight
03-01-2008, 12:38 AM
I have not done anything with mine yet, but I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do - nothing too flashy, but very meaningful to myself...

My brother and I went to the Saturday show in Kansas City. The night before, after all of our preparations were made and all of our things were packed, I began looking through a bunch of the random things that had accumulated in my room (I am currently a college student and live on campus, but still have a room in my parent's house with a bunch of my stuff in it...). Eventually, I came across something that I had been sure was long gone: It was crumpled and the color was fading, but you could still read the words written across what was left of it: GARTH BROOKS LIVE AT KEY ARENA, July 15, 1998.

I was 10 years old when I went to that show, my brother was 6. I had found a picture that I believe was taken at that show - at least he was wearing the same shirt! - where he was climbing the rope ladder, an image that has been burned into my mind ever since that night in July.

Now, nearly 10 years later, I finally had another ticket to go with it. And when we returned, we had more pictures as well...

So... My plan is to take each ticket and a picture from each show and frame them together with an excerpt from the... "memoir," I guess you could call it... of the KC trip - It is basically a description of what I can remember from each show, and most importantly, how much my life has been affected by this amazing man and his music. It is very much a work in progress, and upon completion perhaps I will share it here...

Garthmedic
03-01-2008, 01:34 AM
Honestly? I tossed mine. I have memories in my head and heart forever.

--spud--:)

GarthFanIU
03-04-2008, 08:26 PM
I was going to frame them with the poster, but instead I've decided to frame them with the sign we had that Garth saw... I also have plans of a collage of some sort, but haven't had time at the moment.
I'm trying to learn to quilt, because I'm going to make a quilt out of my old Garth tshirts... It may be big enough to cover my house with all the shirts I've collected! lol

MuchTooYoung
04-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Living in Louisville, KY and having Crohn's disease, there was absolutely no way I was able to attend any of the recent Garth shows. I do, however, still have my stub from the one and only time I've seen him in concert (the Sevens tour in 98). It's plenty faded, and the person who tore my ticket actually ripped one of the corners. For a while, I kept all my ticket stubs inside the case of whatever CD corresponded best to the show I saw (in the case of the Garth stub, it went in with my 1st ed. of Sevens). Then I came across a business card organizer wallet, and I've kept most of my stubs in there since.

I have also kept up with the set list at most of the concerts I've attended, and have on occasion burned a CD for myself of the studio versions of the songs in concert order. Sometimes I've even gone so far as to scan in the ticket stub and print that up on an insert for the disc. I really cooked up a cool book for a Springsteen show in 2000 with a buddy of mine, and I always kinda liked the one I did for an '04 Keith Urban show, too. Of course, once you've scanned your stub into your computer, it can be virtually anything! Including, if you want, your desktop wallpaper. Or album art for your digital music, or whatever else you can think to do with it!

vegitoth
04-03-2008, 04:34 PM
Put mine in the photo books of my past

TammyR
04-03-2008, 05:15 PM
I forgot to take my L.A. ticket out of my pants pocket. The next time I saw it the ticket was a hard crumpled mass in my dryer.
I did pick up one of the balls of garthbrooks.com confetti that they shot out into the crowd. I have it in my memoribilia drawer.
I have to agree....the memories of the concert will tide me over for a while.

DanaLea
04-06-2008, 01:04 AM
I still have my ticket stubs from when he played in Beaumont, Texas in 1992 and in Houston in 1998!