PDA

View Full Version : PINK CD's

Maggie526
02-26-2008, 01:40 PM
On Ellen, Garth said he is going to get in touch with The Susan G Komen organization and try to get all his albums made into Pink Editions. He is going to raise MORE money for Breast Cancer. Another reason to Love this Man..What a Guy!! Way to go Garth!! Thank you!!

kissncry
02-26-2008, 01:51 PM
Put me down for a copy of each! :cool: Anything Garth can do to stop this horrible disease that took my mother is worthwhile. Give 'em hell, cowboy! :applause:

Sherry

Maggie526
02-26-2008, 10:28 PM
Put me down for a copy of each! :cool: Anything Garth can do to stop this horrible disease that took my mother is worthwhile. Give 'em hell, cowboy! :applause:

Sherry

Im so sorry to hear about your Mom Sherry :(

jturtels
02-26-2008, 11:34 PM
Did he say for sure he was? I thought he said "He'd like to"

kissncry
02-27-2008, 04:08 AM
Im so sorry to hear about your Mom Sherry :(

Thanks, Maggie. It's been almost 14 years now. It does get easier with time, but I don't think you ever get completely over something like that. I can't tell you how thrilled I am that Garth (and Trisha) have taken up the banner for such a great cause. I am really hoping that he does get all his catalog done in pink. :cool: I would love to see Mr. Gaines in pink too. :)

Sherry

Maggie526
02-27-2008, 11:34 AM
Did he say for sure he was? I thought he said "He'd like to"

Yes, Garth did say hed like to make every album pink, but he was so emotional speaking of his experience with the Komen people, that they are not only fighting Breast Cancer they are helping to find a cure!
I could be wrong, but I took his statement "they are the kind of people he wants to hang out with" to mean he is going to work with Komen again.

gbkubfan
02-27-2008, 04:41 PM
This would be cool. I would like to add to my collection and help a great cause at the same time. Plus can you think of the additional sales. He could get close to the Beatles. LOL. definetly put me down for a few of each cover. BTW I wish they would release how many sold of Pink cover. I bet he is waiting to sell out before they announce totals.

sandis
02-27-2008, 04:59 PM
This would be such an amazing thing--love it, and I hope it happens!

YouSoundBitter
02-27-2008, 07:09 PM
He mentioned that before too, I think one of the on-line press conf. he did. If he mentioned it again, then it's more than likely to happen...Which is cool!

karik
02-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Here's my thought-

Although I do love the idea of having a pink edition for all the CD's, and rereleasing the old ones, I think that the cover picture says a lot. Like a period of time. He obviously looks older on TUH than on The Hits. To release the new covers, he would have to do a photoshot for the covers and all the covers would look like the same period of time. Unless they found covers from the same period of time and somehow colored something Pink or made the background pink, I think that it would just be kinda strange looking at all the covers and they all look like present day Garth.

I do love the idea though(more reasons to get the same CD again!)

jturtels
02-27-2008, 08:17 PM
With what they can do with technology these days, I can see them taking the original covers and getting the pink in there...even if it's not the same way TUH is.

andycja
02-28-2008, 12:55 AM
The In Pieces cover might be cool with pink instead of red.. It'd be cool with me if they just put a pink ribbon on each of the old covers.. That'd make sense.

themusicman118
02-28-2008, 08:43 AM
Could you imagine 'The Chase' made with pink & black instead of white?

J. Rusin

kissncry
02-28-2008, 09:19 AM
Could you imagine 'The Chase' made with pink & black instead of white?

J. Rusin

Yeah, baby! :cool: That's what I'm talking 'bout! :D

Sherry

Skywise
02-28-2008, 09:48 AM
yikes! The Chase in an almost pepto bismol tone! :D

seriously, it's a great idea if it raises money for the foundation- I sometimes decry Garth (and other artists by proxy) for forcing new versions it seems, of the same stuff over and over on the public- but if it were for this reason (the charity), it would definitely be a plus- maybe there could be some sort of 'bonus' attached to the album as well- pictures be darned (heck, I'm into Garth for the music, not for looking at him) and all, it's a good idea for charity..

Maggie526
02-28-2008, 12:35 PM
The In Pieces cover might be cool with pink instead of red.. It'd be cool with me if they just put a pink ribbon on each of the old covers.. That'd make sense.

I was thinking that also; make the disc pink, add the Komen For A Cure Pink Ribbon to the orig.artwork. Whatever they decide the most important thing is the proceeds from the pink collection will be going to very worthy cause.

jturtels
02-28-2008, 09:46 PM
yikes! The Chase in an almost pepto bismol tone! :D

Ha! I actually laughed out loud on that one.

YouSoundBitter
02-29-2008, 08:51 AM
This could be why WalMart has marked down his cds? Make room for these pink ones.

themusicman118
02-29-2008, 11:12 AM
My question is: What are they going to do for Double Live?

J. Rusin

YouSoundBitter
02-29-2008, 09:50 PM
I was thinking, instead of re-releasing all the old cds, just do a new cover of DOUBLE LIVE?!?! Not many stores have copies left (except the 2 pack at Wally World).

jturtels
03-01-2008, 02:57 AM
How about....From KC to LA LIVE!

JoAnn L.
03-01-2008, 09:47 AM
How about....From KC to LA LIVE!

If Garth was smart, and we know he is, I bet he's already got this in the works? He recorded two live shows, so a Live album like you mentioned and a DVD insert to go with it!

Mr_Sevens
03-01-2008, 06:39 PM
i would like to go on record to say that Garth is crazy if he doesn't at least release a live album or DVD of either KC or LA.

Skywise
03-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Sevens, you are absolutley, absolutely right there....

txtknogk
03-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Amen, Sevens!! And complete with videos would suit me fine, too!!

Maggie526
03-01-2008, 09:59 PM
I agree.. and hope Garth includes some of the encore/cover songs he performed.

txtknogk
03-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Question on copyright--when Garth sings other performers' songs, does he have to deal with the copyright enfringment problem? In concert is what I am asking--if he wanted to record, the answer would be yes.

cowboyfetish
03-02-2008, 07:41 AM
Pink is my favourite colour. I'll definitely buy it. Garth and pink - what more could I want?!

YouSoundBitter
03-02-2008, 08:29 AM
No, he'd have to pay royalities though. If I remember right, if it's shorter than 20 seconds you don't have to, otherwise yes.

Maggie526
03-02-2008, 11:11 AM
No, he'd have to pay royalities though. If I remember right, if it's shorter than 20 seconds you don't have to, otherwise yes.

Copyright, Royalties,whatever it takes..I'm sure Garth knows what needs to be done :) I would like some different songs on this CD/DVD.

Crazyfan2000
03-02-2008, 05:39 PM
i missed the garth interview on ellen, but i watched it on youtube and he said that "albums that i do in the future, i would want them to be pink again". so, if he said that, does that give a hint that maybe we will get something (whether new or old) with pink on it this year?

even better, how about this?: since he and trisha were both involved with komen, HOW ABOUT RELEASING THE DUETS ALBUM THROUGH THEM EXCLUSIVELY! bet you guys didn't think of that, did ya? ;-)

Crazyfan2000
03-02-2008, 05:40 PM
as well as KC and LA DVD and/or CD!

Crazyfan2000
03-02-2008, 05:41 PM
no need to reissue all the old stuff for the millionth time! releasing KC and LA as well as the duets album exclusively through them would rank in the $$$ for breast cancer cures faster than you can kiss a duck!