PDA

View Full Version : PlanetGarth endorsement

andycja
02-25-2008, 12:56 PM
It seems like all major media outlets endorse a presidential candidate.. I think PlanetGarth should! :):) Ok maybe I'm opening a can of worms...

G&TTreknTech77
02-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Garth Brooks Trisha Yearwood 08!!!!

Trisha Yearwood Garth Brooks 08

My two choices!

Ryan

Garthmedic
02-25-2008, 01:31 PM
LOL.. Not on your life would we ever do that :p

Maggie526
02-25-2008, 03:10 PM
maybe I'm opening a can of worms...
I think you answered your own question :)

dsdunnam
02-25-2008, 03:10 PM
I would absolutely vote for Garth for president!

kissncry
02-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Hey, I'm all for a Gaines/Brooks ticket! :cool:

Sherry

Skywise
02-25-2008, 11:51 PM
in reality, there's not any really good candidates, so hearing PG's choice wouldn't do much! :D

though a garth run- that'd be interesting---

jturtels
02-25-2008, 11:57 PM
Ok maybe I'm opening a can of worms...

HA! Ya think?

txtknogk
02-26-2008, 12:29 AM
Please don't ruin the last safe place in my world to come hide from the candidates!!!!!!!!

lucaswynne
02-27-2008, 01:11 PM
I agree... don't be a stickler! Why not!?

Garth Brooks for '08 - Because I'd rather vote for a person than "Change," I never knew a word could run for president. ;) Plus, I don't really like any of the politicians, so get a non-politician up there! Garthify this race!

EveryNow&Then
02-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Considering Garth is one of the few celebs that has the class to keep his nose out of politics... I think we should follow his example and stay political BS free. I'm so tired of watching their faces on TV that I can't see straight... I honestly wish we had about a 3 month campaign season and that was it. Make it quick and intense, get the torture of with... rip that band-aid off fast! Would make things much more tolerable... As well as save a lot of our tax dollars.

andycja
02-27-2008, 01:55 PM
Okay so I regret bringing it up. I withdraw my statement!!!

lucaswynne
02-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Agreed! Why can't they just sing a song on a one-hour tv special and then we vote!? Everybody knows that voting format is SO much more popular! ;)

I'm thinking Garth might just want to run for ruler... of the world. At least country radio would sound better than it does!

Skywise
02-28-2008, 12:09 AM
yeah, it probably would sound better!

politics is important to this country though, we can't (or shouldn't) hide from it- it's a necessary evil..

that being said- I think it's pretty likely Garth votes democratic... I don't know why, its' just a feeling I have...

andycja
02-28-2008, 12:22 AM
"when uncle sam dips in your pocket. Yeah, for most things you don't mind.. but when your dollar goes to all of those standin in a welfare line..."

I'm not so sure..lol. jk :)

kissncry
02-28-2008, 03:55 AM
yeah, it probably would sound better!

politics is important to this country though, we can't (or shouldn't) hide from it- it's a necessary evil..

that being said- I think it's pretty likely Garth votes democratic... I don't know why, its' just a feeling I have...

Seems to me that he said back on the Charlie Rose show a few years ago that he was a registered Republican? Of course, he said that after careful consideration and with a great deal of hesitation it seemed to me. It doesn't matter to me, though. I can respect almost anyone's opinion without giving my own.... at least not here. :p

Sherry

Skywise
02-28-2008, 03:59 AM
hmm- I'm not going to dig out the show, but I'm sure I could look it up then (if it was on the CR show..)

honestly, though (given the current crop of republican contenders for president) there are def. 'liberal' republicans and 'conservative republicans'. I would be willing to bet that Garth (if repub) would lie on the left side of republican (more mccain-esque).. but again- that's just an inkling, nothing factual, and I could definitely be wrong- it's Garth thoguh, so as you said- pers. prefs are personal... :D

karik
02-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Well he is friends with Al Gore. Not that that means anything. My mom has snapped to conclusions and said that because he is good friends with Al Gore he is a democrat, which I tried to explain isn't always true. My mom kinda likes Garth Brooks, but doesn't agree with everything he says or does. But she agreed to go to a KC concert with me, so...

lucaswynne
02-28-2008, 10:04 PM
He did say he would vote for Gore.

It doesn't bother me what Garth is either way.

kissncry
02-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Okay, I went back in the checked the my copy of the Charlie Rose interview and Garth does say he thinks he is a registered Republican. It's about 45-46 minutes into the interview and they are discussing the whole impeachment thing with Garth giving one of the best takes on it I have ever seen. If you don't have a copy I think it's still up on You Tube if anyone wants to take a peek at the whole show. One of the best and most insightfull interviews I have ever seen GB do.

Sherry

lucaswynne
02-29-2008, 06:26 PM
I can't be sure what candidate he'll vote for this year, but I can promise you his favorite young country singer is Lucas Wynne! ;)

To be honest, the party line is so blurred these days anyways! As far as I'm concerned, we're all just a pile of independents that want to vote for the person that does the best for our country in our opinion. Hmm... maybe we should get trial runs with presidents. If I can get trial for a phone service, why not something more important!? Then we can go "Neah, we'll go with somebody a bit cheaper and a little quicker!" or "I'm pleased with my current service, I think I'll keep'em!" Haha.