PDA

View Full Version : Just Saw Garth on Ellen....

kissncry
02-25-2008, 10:23 AM
He looked super sexy as usual!. ;) Not a lot of news to report. It was funny to see his eyes bug out when Ellen mentioned his daughters all three dating. Thought it was cool that the everyone in the audience got their own Ultimate Hits pink edition.:cool: He did Ain't Goin Down... and More Than a Memory. I never get tired of watching that man work that mic stand. :D:D He mentioned how this was probably going to be one of the last times we will see him for a while now......:*( I know it's the truth, but it still doesn't make it any easier to hear, no matter how many times he says it. Geez! I miss him already. Hope everyone gets a chance to catch the show today as our cowboy saddles up and rides off into the sunset (again)......*SIGH*

Sherry

dsdunnam
02-25-2008, 10:37 AM
I have got it dvr'd. I can't wait to get to watch it this evening.
Allthough im sure the tears are gonna flow again to see him leave us again.

iriscrazy
02-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Oh geeess, I thought that Ellen came on at 3pm! We've set the recorder for the wrong time! OMG, now what am I gonna do? The last time for a while...
let's hope this fall but who knows, it could be years. I think he had an itch that he just had to scratch! Sure hope he gets to itchin' to do another concert about Sept/08!

karik
02-25-2008, 01:23 PM
I DVR'd it and my school cancelled classes so I came home and got to watch it! He was great. I miss him too.

GBronx
02-25-2008, 01:44 PM
[QUOTE=iriscrazy;390151]Oh geeess, I thought that Ellen came on at 3pm! We've set the recorder for the wrong time! OMG, now what am I gonna do? QUOTE]

Different times in different time zones. Here in NYC area they changed Ellen from 11 AM to 4 PM but on a local network she's still on at 11 AM.... Confusing to say the least!!!

dsdunnam
02-25-2008, 02:08 PM
It is on at 3 here in Oklahoma.

karik
02-25-2008, 02:22 PM
It was on at 9AM here in Iowa....weird.

kissncry
02-25-2008, 02:24 PM
I believe Ellen is a syndicated show, so it's more than likely that it's shown in different markets at different times. Ours is on at 8AM, so I managed to catch it in a early time slot.

Sherry

jasongarth1
02-25-2008, 05:29 PM
http://ellen.warnerbros.com/

Note- scroll down when you get to the page!

jasongarth1
02-25-2008, 06:37 PM
Hint- He performed we shall be free, Then scroll down some more, Lets just say that he did not bring any of his roadies with him.

BLL
02-25-2008, 06:55 PM
I loved the reaction to the idea the 13 & 15 year old would be dating, very cute. I like the idea that the daughter would drive on the first date as well.

TampaGarthFan
02-25-2008, 06:59 PM
That was awesome! He's the roadie.

G-f
02-25-2008, 08:11 PM
That was so cool, how many other entertainers do you think would have done that. I almost missed the bottom part you talked about, HIM going after the guitar. Anyone else would have not done it, she knew he would. That was sweet!
Tricia;

iriscrazy
02-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Just got to see it. Great performances. Loved AGD but he sang it like it was going to be the last time for a while. I hope this is not true. It was a long, long 10 year wait for us. But it doesn't matter...the light is on. Thanks for KC, LA, the interviews and guest spots. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

mrfysla1
02-25-2008, 08:32 PM
http://ellen.warnerbros.com/ follow the link for some bonus footage. Be sure to check out both links to Garth stuff as you scroll down Ellen's page.

iriscrazy
02-25-2008, 10:11 PM
This is off subject...sort of. Do any of you guys have satellite internet? I cannot watch any of the great links because I'm on a slooooooooow dial-up. Cable and broadband are not offered here in the boonies. Just wondering if satellite is fast enough to download the video links???

muppetfan88
02-25-2008, 10:44 PM
I'm trying to get these off of the net so I can have these in my little archive. I found the single download but I don't know how long they'll work for...if anyone knows how to get them to be the full download, let me know.

Enjoy Guys!

Griffith

We Shall Be Free:
http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbol/us/telepictures/ellen/garth0225_dl.flv

Garth Goes to Get His Guitar:
http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbol/us/telepictures/ellen/garthextra0225_dl.flv

Maggie526
02-25-2008, 10:44 PM
[QUOTE=iriscrazy;390151]Oh geeess, I thought that Ellen came on at 3pm! We've set the recorder for the wrong time! OMG, now what am I gonna do? QUOTE]

Different times in different time zones. Here in NYC area they changed Ellen from 11 AM to 4 PM but on a local network she's still on at 11 AM.... Confusing to say the least!!!

I guess they like to keep us on our toes Jo@nn or drive us crazy :)
I always got Ellen on Ch 10 at 4:00PM last week they changed to Ch 4 at 4:00PM but shes also on CH 10 at 10:00 AM :)

muppetfan88
02-25-2008, 10:46 PM
Nevermind, I turned my WIFI off and it loaded, so it should be the whole thing. I opened it up in VLC Media Player, if you don't have it... Download.com search for VLC Media Player.

Maggie526
02-25-2008, 10:51 PM
I think Ellen enjoyed having Garth on her show as much as we did. I loved when she asked him about his girls dating .The look on his face was priceless. He’s a wonderful Dad and is raising his girls right ..but I feel sorry for the boys who are going to have to meet with him can you imagine?

MTAM was spectacular again, those same tight jeans and the way he handles that mic stand.. takes my breath away, makes me melt :)

The videos on Ellen’s web site are fantastic!! Poor guy had to go get his own guitar :)

Nuwanda
02-26-2008, 11:39 AM
The videos on Ellens web site are fantastic!! Poor guy had to go get his own guitar :)

there is (almost) nothing to add; just: thanks for the links and this shows it again: He IS the greatest!!!

mammafox
02-26-2008, 12:17 PM
i didn't get to see the show - but i watched the link and I loved it - i thought it was great that the audience starting to sing friends in low places while garth went chasing after his guitar.

kissncry
02-26-2008, 12:38 PM
I think Ellen enjoyed having Garth on her show as much as we did. I loved when she asked him about his girls dating .The look on his face was priceless. Hes a wonderful Dad and is raising his girls right ..but I feel sorry for the boys who are going to have to meet with him can you imagine?

Yeah, I feel awfully sorry for any scrawny little teenage boy that has to face that mountain of a man at the front door on a first date. And you just KNOW that Garth is the kind of father who would make that terrified kid come in the house, sit down and get the third degree from dear ole dad about what his "intentions" were regarding his daughter. :p

Sherry

VocalLizzy
02-26-2008, 12:51 PM
This is reminding me of Bill Engvall's classic bit about what would happen when a boy would come over to the house to pick up his then-teenaged daughter for a date...

"I'd pull him in real close, so only he and I could hear what I was sayin ' and I'd say, 'Son, that's my little girl, the love of my life. So if you have any plans about huggin' or kissin, just remember these words...I have no problem going back to prison.'"

LOL!

Funny Miss Lizzy

kissncry
02-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Hey, no need to go to prison; especially if you happen to have a very large piece of land with lots of room to bury all the bodies. :-"

Sherry

lucaswynne
02-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Thank goodness this is going to be one of the last things we hear from him, and out in the mail will go my present, which STILL isn't finished!

BLL
02-26-2008, 08:33 PM
I watched this again this morning; I loved the way he said he had no dating experience as a father, just as the **bad word clearly mouthed** on the other side of the date!!! Oh my! My husband liked the 'girls drive on the first date'.

He could always do like my Dad...he could clean his rifle on the front porch as the date pulled up to pick one of us up. And Garth could always park the bulldozer in plain sight!!!

Maggie526
02-26-2008, 09:25 PM
I watched this again this morning; I loved the way he said he had no dating experience as a father, just as the **bad word clearly mouthed** on the other side of the date!!! Oh my! My husband liked the 'girls drive on the first date'.

He could always do like my Dad...he could clean his rifle on the front porch as the date pulled up to pick one of us up. And Garth could always park the bulldozer in plain sight!!!

LOL I noticed that bleep too :) I don't think Garth is going to tell them Go raise some hell & have some fun like he did :) He is so protective he'll probaly dust poor Taylor for fingerprints :)

Jen19
02-26-2008, 10:05 PM
Can someone out there make me a copy of the show .. I would be happy to trade you for any of my vast collection of Garth tv performaces. Please PM me if you can.

thanks

JEN