PDA

View Full Version : TMZ Hatas try to slam on our G...

VocalLizzy
02-22-2008, 01:57 PM
...but I'm not letting ANYONE get away with it...

Here's the link to the item:

http://www.tmz.com/2008/02/22/whats-next-the-ivy-to-serve-pigs-feet/

And I posted the following (and strangely enough, I ended up with comment #23 for this item - my lucky number):

23. Had the opportunity to meet Garth while he was in LA last month for his sold out shows at the Staples Center...spent about 45 minutes talking to him and his lovely wife (for the non-country fans here, that would be star-in-her-own-right Trisha Yearwood) and it was one of the greatest experiences I've ever had as a fan.

They're amazingly in love, really cute together, and like some other posters have said, I've never been around a more gracious celebrity. He really took the time to talk to me (I was backstage through a friend of mine that works for him and didn't even expect him to still be in the venue after that last show), signed autographs, took photos...

For every celebutard, famous-for-15-minutes-and-clinging-to-14:59 idiot, reality-show-nitwit or ungracious, talentless hack, there's going to once in a while be someone like Garth Brooks. Gracious, humble, charming, self-deprecating (FYI keep in mind he's allowed to make cracks about Oklahoma as he DOES still live there), talented and generous.

Oh, and about the "$45 tee shirts" at the show? I'm calling bullsh*t on you. Not only was the top price on hoodie sweatshirts at the LA shows last month only $30 (versus any other artist that would charge at least double that), but ALL OF THE PROCEEDS from the merchandise sales that weekend also went to the FIRE (Fire Intervention Relief Effort) charity. (For the record, tee shirts were I believe $20 or $25, still a bargain by industry standards).

*stepping off my soapbox*

So if the man wants a $27 salad? Bon appetit, big fella!

L.
So for all you haters

(And no, I'm not a shill, PR flack, etc. Just a very lucky fan)

Posted at 1:54PM on Feb 22nd 2008 by Miss L.

kissncry
02-22-2008, 03:26 PM
Guess those folks out in Hollyweird have forgotten what a real gentleman (or a even a class act for that matter) looks like. Typical TMZ stuff---"reporting" celeb sightings just so they can take a swipe at them. [-X

Sherry

Sara_Kwan
02-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Lizzy, did they remove your comment? I don't see it on the site, but I do see many people giving you kudos :)

But wow, TMZ and the like are people who almost make me regret getting into journalism. I do think the "seems like he's a big star" was sarcasm... And the video didn't depict him doing anything bad, just being Garth. But when things like this come out, there are some people who have nothing better to do than to surf the web for crap like this and try to put in their two cents without knowing a dime about the situation.

Maggie526
02-22-2008, 03:46 PM
I was just there they did remove Lizzy's comment.

Nuwanda
02-22-2008, 03:46 PM
this video just shows garth how he is - never meet him, but heard enough of you guys that he is that way - meeting fans, signing autographs, fullfills every wish.

i guess this people just need attention. they couldn't get it so they come up with something like that and attention is there...nice trick and for as nice footage again.

VocalLizzy
02-22-2008, 04:07 PM
They did remove it, so I'm reposting it with a message not touch it, as the only thing it does wrong is DISAGREE WITH EVERYTHING THAT SITE STANDS FOR!!!!!

I've also emailed TMZ asking for it to be reinstated or a good reason sent to me why it was removed.

Vigilante Miss Lizzy

VocalLizzy
02-22-2008, 04:21 PM
I've reposted it...let's see them take it down again...PUNKS!!!

Miss Lizzy

SenileOkie
02-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Guess what...it's gone again.

VocalLizzy
02-22-2008, 04:56 PM
No, it looks like it is there - #43 now.

Miss Lizzy

Paula
02-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Guess what...it's gone again.Still there...just post #43 now.

Way to go Miss Lizzy. Sites such as those thrive on controversy so they can brag about the number of hits they get. Not worth wasting time or fingers on that.

Paula

iriscrazy
02-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Read the posts. The GB pros far out weigh the cons. You guys make me so proud. Ya did good! Guess they get so many hits because they know which nerve to hit.

Pam_NDL
02-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Does anyone know who the man and woman are that came out with Garth? Neither one looks familiar to me. Just wondering!

Pam

Jona
02-22-2008, 07:12 PM
Great post, Miss Lizzy! :) Let's hope it stays this time.

BLL
02-22-2008, 07:15 PM
I'm pretty sure the woman is Lisa Sanderson of Red Strokes. Dunno about the man.

I wonder how many colours of the 'life is good' hoodie the man owns. He's looking good, keep eating those salads GB!

Nuwanda
02-23-2008, 03:48 AM
No, it looks like it is there - #43 now.

Miss Lizzy

it's still there.

great post!!!!!!!

lucaswynne
02-23-2008, 11:03 AM
They didn't even allow my comment to be posted, I should have posted it here but I can't remember it. I pretty much chewed out TMZ, haha.

All I can remember is a couple points (I swear the thing was a half-page long)
1. "If $27 fills your gas tank, you don't worry about money because you're driving one heck of a hybrid."
2. "Garth gives you $5 CDs, $25 concert tickets, $12 double disc sets, $15 box sets... and you're mad because he had a $27 salad?"

gbkubfan
02-23-2008, 11:36 AM
I watched the TV show twice last night. They seemed very nice about Garth in the discussion stage. The lady was amazed at how nice Garth was, how nice the fans were. I don't know if anyone watches the show, they can be pretty mean to people. They discuss each clip before it airs and for Garth they were really nice and made him look like a saint in IMHO, LOL. No negativity.

txtknogk
02-23-2008, 12:17 PM
They didn't post my comments either. Guess they just can't stand the ones that don't agree with their verbage!!

VocalLizzy
02-23-2008, 02:40 PM
I watched the TV show twice last night. They seemed very nice about Garth in the discussion stage. The lady was amazed at how nice Garth was, how nice the fans were. I don't know if anyone watches the show, they can be pretty mean to people. They discuss each clip before it airs and for Garth they were really nice and made him look like a saint in IMHO, LOL. No negativity.

Perhaps they saw the comments section of their own site and decided to not stir up more crap.

We won, folks...it is a little battle, but for all Garth gives us, we were able to "defend his honor" and give back a little. Kudos to my fellow commenters!

Vigilante Miss Lizzy (don't mess with a Brooklyn Bull Belle!!!)

Maggie526
02-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Vigilante Miss Lizzy (don't mess with a Brooklyn Bull Belle!!!) LOL
Good for you Lizzy .. glad they left it up this time.

VocalLizzy
02-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Thanks Maggie...Brooklyn (where I live), Bull (I'm a tenacious little Taurus), belle (I have my princessy moments, but also live on the weekends in jeans, sneakers, sweats and no makeup).

That's MOI!!!

Miss Lizzy

Maggie526
02-23-2008, 10:38 PM
I like women who aren't afraid to stand up for what they believe Lizzy. :)

Monakayla
02-23-2008, 10:55 PM
I tried to post and they never even put it on the board. It's almost funny in a way. As if Garth needs to defend himself for eating a salad! Sometimes salads are made with more than lettuce. Sometimes they even have steak, scallops, lobster, etc. on them!! HELLOOO!!!

I can't believe the ignorance of this one lady who said Garth was a "has been"!!! What planet is she on!!! She certainly was not in KC or LA!!!!!!!
Last time I checked selling out five 18,000 seat shows in record time was pretty good! Ignorance is bliss for her it seems. Bliss for us....A GARTH CONCERT!!

-Monica ;)

kissncry
02-24-2008, 02:59 AM
Having your first song in years from a retied artist debut as #1 doesn't signal a "has been" to me either-- never mind the album sales he's been racking up lately.

Sherry

VocalLizzy
02-24-2008, 08:50 AM
I like women who aren't afraid to stand up for what they believe Lizzy. :)

And what I said in the thread about what Garth has done for your life directly relates to what you're saying...he's reminded me how to believe.

:)

Miss Lizzy, feeling all warm and fuzzy despite it being 30 degrees outside LOL

lucaswynne
02-24-2008, 11:26 AM
I didn't consider it a little battle, I considered it World War III and TMZ pulled out to cut their losses! ;)

Maggie526
02-24-2008, 02:16 PM
And what I said in the thread about what Garth has done for your life directly relates to what you're saying...he's reminded me how to believe.

:)

Miss Lizzy, feeling all warm and fuzzy despite it being 30 degrees outside LOL

I agree Lizzy despite the weather here Garth makes us warm:)

I liked the girl that posted at TMZ that criticized Garth's appearance on Letterman she doesn't know what show she is watching :)

karik
02-24-2008, 09:24 PM
I agree Lizzy despite the weather here Garth makes us warm:)

I liked the girl that posted at TMZ that criticized Garth's appearance on Letterman she doesn't know what show she is watching :)

**Leno

YouSoundBitter
02-25-2008, 08:02 AM
On PEOPLE.com they say Garth was at the IVY with six people, HMMMMMMM.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20179949,00.html

VocalLizzy
02-25-2008, 09:46 AM
Perhaps he left early...or was the last to leave the table. But apparently the entire table of 6 didn't leave together.

Ok, who stuck the superstar with the check?!?!?!? LMAO

$27 salads for EVERYBODY!!!! :)

Miss Lizzy, being a little silly this morning...