PDA

View Full Version : Garth's Comments on Opening the BOK

iriscrazy
02-21-2008, 09:13 PM
For those who don't know, the BOK will be a new arena in Tulsa that will open this fall. It will seat >15000. The major of Tulsa is trying to get Garth to be the opening act. So far Celine and Kenny Chesney have set dates to play. When a local station broke the news about Kenney Chesney playing at the BOK they made it very plain that he is NOT the opening act and that Garth is the opening act of choice. Below is an excerpt from the news segment:

Mayor Taylor has personally reached out to Owasso resident Garth Brooks to see if he would open the BOK Center. Brooks has said he was available, but in an exclusive interview with News On 6 anchor Terry Hood, said that no deal had been struck.

"To be here as an artist in Oklahoma for the ceremonial ribbon cutting, it would be an honor for me. So, we're going to work out something. We just don't know what it is yet," said Garth Brooks.

HE SAID, "WE'RE GOING TO WORK OUT SOMETHING WE JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS YET." That sound promising to me...at least a glimmer of hope!
From one of the Sister D's.............Joyce

YouSoundBitter
02-21-2008, 09:31 PM
A station here in Florida wants him in Tampa for a hurrican benifit concert. We'll see...

It does sound promising for Bok!!!

Monakayla
02-21-2008, 11:10 PM
If he does BOK, I'm there!

huskergirl7
02-22-2008, 12:59 AM
Please post if you hear anything new on this. Tulsa is within driving distance and I'm ready to move down there for a few days!

kissncry
02-22-2008, 04:34 AM
Hey, Joyce, I keep hearing all about how BOK looks very good for all us Garth fans, do we have a definite opening date yet? I believe I read sometime this fall? Is there a specific date they are shooting for to be done on time? Just needing some kind of time frame to see IF we could make it there. Only about 6 hours away, so could make this one just like KC. :D:D

Sherry

iriscrazy
02-22-2008, 10:14 AM
Kenny Chesney is scheduled for Sept. 10th and tickets go on sale in March. They say that is not the opening act ... so around the first of Sept. G didn't say yes, but he didn't say no. He did say that he would be involved but that the details had not been worked out.

mammafox
02-22-2008, 03:10 PM
oh what a birthday present that would be for me!!!

iriscrazy
02-22-2008, 03:26 PM
Me Too!!

dsdunnam
02-25-2008, 11:30 AM
They are now billing Kenny as the opening show. I cried when they announced this. Im still thinking Garth will do something though. He was not the opening act for K.C. either, so maybe it will be something like that.

Maggie526
02-25-2008, 12:59 PM
They are now billing Kenny as the opening show. I cried when they announced this. Im still thinking Garth will do something though. He was not the opening act for K.C. either, so maybe it will be something like that.

According to Tulsa World Kenny isn't the opening act.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080221_8__Count65626

iriscrazy
02-25-2008, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the info. I don't take the Tulsa World but maybe I should...unless until the fall.

Maggie526
02-25-2008, 03:33 PM
A new arena opening in OK and Garth Brooks not involed.. wouldn't that start WW3 ?

dsdunnam
02-25-2008, 03:48 PM
A new arena opening in OK and Garth Brooks not involed.. wouldn't that start WW3 ?

Well it has with me, I just got through writing the mayor a letter about it!
I'll let you know if i get a reply.