PDA

View Full Version : GB on LENO tonight -reminder-

YouSoundBitter
02-20-2008, 07:14 AM
I just wanted to remind everyone he's on tonight on NBC. On thier site they have it listed GB, Christina Ricci, and GB. So I guess we get an interview (love them two together) and then song, like normal!!!!

VocalLizzy
02-20-2008, 07:46 AM
*wonderful Garth-encounter* vibes to all our PGers making the trip to Burbank, too!!!! Can't wait to see new posts in the Garth Moments forum!

:)

Miss Lizzy

Teach
02-20-2008, 08:50 AM
The senior moments are coming closer and closer together. LOL!

mammafox
02-20-2008, 11:38 AM
can't wait - i have my dvr all set
wish i could go down to burbank tonight - but i have to take my mom for surgery tomarrow morning (really early) so I have to get to bed early. boo hoo.

karik
02-20-2008, 09:28 PM
GAAA I can't wait. I have my DVR set!! As bummed as I was hearing that the Nov. 5 appearance was cancelled, I am way happier now, after not only the KC concerts, but also LA!

off2cgarth
02-20-2008, 11:00 PM
I live in California and was going to go but decided not to because of the rain..has anyone seen the show yet?? Does not air until 11:30pm here :o(

trixr4kiddz
02-21-2008, 12:31 AM
i just saw it
garth is the man like always

iriscrazy
02-21-2008, 12:39 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!! Just did MTAM. Now I remember why I maxed out that credit card. OMG, he looks incredible, sounds awesome. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T LET THIS BE THE LAST FOR YEARS!!!!!

lsr4gb
02-21-2008, 12:45 AM
MTAM was as good as always. i think its funny how jay always seems to get garth and did a good job this time tooo.. garth looks goood in red red shirt and red face..................

Cheryl
02-21-2008, 01:07 AM
*swoon* :)

My oh my, I sure would have loved to have been that mic stand!

Wow....terrific performance!

Shutrbug72
02-21-2008, 01:11 AM
Agreed Cheryl... good grief that mic stand kills me! And the goatee! And the... uh... EVERYTHING.

Amazing... as always.

- lish

FreakinGarthNut
02-21-2008, 03:47 AM
*swoon* :)

My oh my, I sure would have loved to have been that mic stand!

Wow....terrific performance!

aahhh, yeah, and how do they expect you to be able to sleep after that hot performance. He worked that mic stand better than any pole dancer. And the ripples in those tight jeans..............I'll say my goodnight prayers now............Thank you God for Garth Brooks, Wranglers and mic stands. I'm going to have very sweet dreams............Do I hear an Amen from the Deviant section?

Cinda

YouSoundBitter
02-21-2008, 03:51 AM
So idiot me started this thread as a reminder, well guess what? I set the alarm and took what should have been a 2 hour nap BUT ended up waking up at 1:30am, agggghhhhhhh.

That stinks....(but NBC replays whole episodes on thier site, give it a day or two and it will be up to watch over and over and over again!

Mo'Betta
02-21-2008, 06:40 AM
I loved the part about the bra. Priceless!
I respect Trisha so much, but if I had the chance, I'd be chuckin' a hot pink bra on stage at him too!

Skywise
02-21-2008, 08:22 AM
a very good interview and a pretty good performance! I do love seeing the interaction w/ Jay and Garth!

Paula
02-21-2008, 08:42 AM
aahhh, yeah, and how do they expect you to be able to sleep after that hot performance. He worked that mic stand better than any pole dancer. And the ripples in those tight jeans..............I'll say my goodnight prayers now............Thank you God for Garth Brooks, Wranglers and mic stands. I'm going to have very sweet dreams............Do I hear an Amen from the Deviant section?

CindaNow I know why I wasn't able to fall asleep last night. Should be an interesting day at work...if I can manage to keep my eyes open.

Paula

iriscrazy
02-21-2008, 09:23 AM

Cinda

OH YEAH! You get a BIG AMEN FROM YOUR SISTER D'S. Shutrbug...I really like his wrinkle wranglers too and the .... huh, well geees, we have to keep it PG don't we. Whatever he's doin' he needs to keep on doin' cause the man is smokin' hot!

PJ
02-21-2008, 10:05 AM
I respect Trisha so much, but if I had the chance, I'd be chuckin' a hot pink bra on stage at him too!

So, were you in LA as there was a hot pink bra thrown on stage.

In case she doesn't see my other thread, thanks to JoannL (I assume) for sharing the video with Jay!

Maggie526
02-21-2008, 10:16 AM

Cinda

AMEN & ALLELUIA!!
Garth is so sweet during interviews but when he perfoms in those tight jeans ,gripping that mic...Tantalizing performance of MTAM. Not fair what he does to us.. but does make pleasant dreams :)

Nuwanda
02-21-2008, 10:28 AM
seems to be a amazing and funny show- like always, but can anybody give a short version of the show or a summary- maybe some quotes - for those of us (like me) who couldn't watch leno?

lucaswynne
02-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Not on the website yet... this is killing me. I have to see this interview.

kissncry
02-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Don't know where the video of the bra toss came from, but the video that was shown on Leno was from the KC show on Saturday Nov 10th. Hubby and I were there. We managed to snap a few pics before he got himself untangled. :D Here's the link to the pics we got of the man looking more than a little bewildered.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dougbrownphotography/2065244983/in/set-72157603302912687/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dougbrownphotography/2065245459/

Sherry

BLL
02-21-2008, 11:52 AM
Well pooh, my dvr screwed up and I didn't get the show. Luckily my NBC station repeats the shows 1 week later at 3:00 am, so I'll get it then.

I love the way Jay embarasses him, its just too funny.

Maggie526
02-21-2008, 12:33 PM
OH YEAH! You get a BIG AMEN FROM YOUR SISTER D'S. Shutrbug...I really like his wrinkle wranglers too and the .... huh, well geees, we have to keep it PG don't we. Whatever he's doin' he needs to keep on doin' cause the man is smokin' hot!

I don't why WE have to keep it PG.. Garth doesn't :)

kissncry
02-21-2008, 12:46 PM
D Girl Sherry-- reportin' for booty---er, um, I mean duty! ;):D Yup, those britches were sooooo tight last night, even Doug noticed. LOL! Seemed like he was almost having a rough time sitting down in them. I noticed he kept shifting his weight around during the interview. BUTT, Sweet Jesus, he DID look hot. ;) Always love to see him work that mic stand (a la sexy CG style). MTAM was passionate as ever, but for some reason it seemed to be a bit more understated and restrained compared to his live shows and especially the killer version he belted out on GMA a few months ago. Hey, as long as he shows up in them britches and just breathes--- I'm ready for another perversion excursion!

Sherry

iriscrazy
02-21-2008, 01:49 PM
I luv it...perversion excursion. Too funny. The man's an animal and we love it. Luv the britches. We noticed the shifting around too. Maybe he was just trying to emphasize the stuff in the britches. Yeah, all of us red blooded sister D's didn't notice "A THING." Do ya read me sista's?

Crazyfan2000
02-21-2008, 01:50 PM
what did garth have to say in the interview? did he say anything about releasing anything new this year?

PJ
02-21-2008, 02:01 PM
He didn't have anything new to say. Talked about the KC and LA shows, about the CD/DVD set and pink edition, and about being Mr. Yearwood. I did like his explanation of a typical day in his life.

Maggie526
02-21-2008, 02:30 PM
perversion excursion! LOL Sherry
Yeah, all of us red blooded sister D's didn't notice "A THING." Do ya read me sista's?
Read you loud & clear Joyce:)
When Garth performs MTAM like that just makes me want the uncut version more :)

iriscrazy
02-21-2008, 02:55 PM
perversion excursion! LOL Sherry
Yeah, all of us red blooded sister D's didn't notice "A THING." Do ya read me sista's?
Read you loud & clear Joyce:)
When Garth performs MTAM like that just makes me want the uncut version more :)
Uncut version...of, uh the video?? Oh naturale maybe. Hmmm mmm mm! Mind is running a muck! Out of the gutter girl, back on that high horse.

trixie1717
02-21-2008, 03:56 PM
You girls crack me up! I missed Leno, so I thank you for your well-written reviews of his appearance and performance. I will say I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the things I do. I'm glad you all are brave enough to write them for others to read...makes me feel better ;)

iriscrazy
02-21-2008, 04:31 PM
You just have to read between the lines. Tryin' to keep it PG at PG.
(You do know there was talk of a MTAM video with more than just the shirt off!!!) For real... I kid you not.

lucaswynne
02-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Just watched the Garth interview, it was great.

The thing I love about Garth, he's always a showman. You know he planned out that fast-talking about taking care of the kids (when he was talking about his average day). That was funny.

"I know the guy that threw it was a nice guy" Haha! Thanks for nothing Garth, I'm sick and you just made my throat more sore from laughing so hard! Man, when that thing hooked onto his microphone he was trying SO hard not to laugh.

When singing, he always has emotion in his voice like few do. Not many bring the same emotion to the table.

The thing I like about his concerts is he knows the moves to do to get the audience excited. I mean, let's be honest - it's pretty obvious he doesn't need the audience to convince him to do the third verse of Friends In Low Places, he just asks to get everybody riled up and have a great time. Its things like that, that seperate him from the rest of the pack.

iriscrazy
02-21-2008, 05:09 PM
Anyone have the interview on DVD? Will be glad to pay for your trouble!

Maggie526
02-21-2008, 07:49 PM

Cinda
Glad to see you have joined us Cinda :)
Meant to say that earlier but my mind was somewhere else :)

G-f
02-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Was anyone from PG there? What about the matted song, did anyone take that to him?

Wonder what he rubs down with to be able to slideeeeeee into those jeans. lol...... love to peel them off for him. Well u know, he might need some help if Trisha was on Tour......hehehe....... notice how quickly he changed the subject or stopped the subject when Jay mentioned about men throwing jock straps on the stage to Trisha??? I think someone might get their nose rearranged.....lol
Tricia

FreakinGarthNut
02-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Thanks Maggie, I'm having a blast being here. Isn't it amazing how he manages to get us all worked up just talking about him. Those wonderful mental images that are stained on our brains, helped along by the occasional refresher course in Garth101, conveniently held last evening at the Tonight Show studio. I can tell you one show he'll never need to appear on though. That would be "What not to Wear" He knows just exactly what to wear to DRIVE US NUTS. It's a sweet enough memory that I'm sure I'll still have sweet dreams again tonight!!

Cinda

iriscrazy
02-21-2008, 10:23 PM
Sweet dreams sister D's. I'm dreamin' of pit seats at the BOK in Tulsa. He didn't say yes but he didn't say no (sorry, cross threader).
Yes, perfect attire always.
Welcome Cinda from the deviant section.

ChameleonAmy
02-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Last night's Leno is up on the NBC website. :D

http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/video/episodes.shtml

Nuwanda
02-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Last night's Leno is up on the NBC website. :D

http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/video/episodes.shtml

thanks for the link.
but i guess i have to fly to the us first.
it's not available from my location.....

Robert Wassink
02-22-2008, 03:39 AM
Same problem overhere... Can't see it.
it's not available from my location.....

kissncry
02-22-2008, 03:41 AM
Here's a bit of what was mentioned on Leno from an article on GAC's website:

http://www.gactv.com/gac/nw_headlines/article/0,3034,GAC_26063_5811476_,00.html

Sherry

Jona
02-22-2008, 04:37 AM
You can try to set the time on the computer to US time. Sometimes that helps :)

mammafox
02-22-2008, 08:36 AM
I just watched the link
unfortunately my recording on my dvr must have been for the wrong night, because it was Larry the Cable Guy and Joan Embry - I was soooooo disappointed - thank god NBC puts full episodes on there web site
I loved the interview, I loved it when christina reichi came on and she was talking about the monkey, I was watching garth and i could see that he was doing his best not to bust a gut.
I also loved, loved, loved the performance of mtam.
god that man is amazing.

iriscrazy
02-22-2008, 09:16 AM
Have a dail-up so it won't work for me. Geees, nothing like living in the dark ages.

Nuwanda
02-22-2008, 09:23 AM

you tried it this time?

i am still at work. will try it later

Nuwanda
02-22-2008, 11:13 AM

it was the first thing i tried when i came home, but it doesn't work here.

but i found a link to "more than a memory" . at least a little piece of the show - better than nothing.

http://www.popcrunch.com/garth-brooks-leno-video-garth-brooks-tonight-show-with-jay-leno-video/

VocalLizzy
02-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Just watched it...SWOON...

And I loved the "day in the life of a Mr. Mom" - he's definitely keeping his acting chops sharp as it was definitely a "rehearsed monologue" in its delivery. Not taking anyway from its message but it was just adorable and paced beautifully.

:)

Miss Lizzy

karik
02-22-2008, 07:00 PM
apparently they ran over time because I recorded it and it automatically setys it for 1 min. recording after, and It cut off the last part of MTAM!! I cried! I forwarded through the girl talking(I can't remember her name) and did anyone else notice that she seemed to talk a LOT longer than Garth did. I am convinced her blabbing made me miss the end of MTAM.

btw- to we have an update on how giving him the matted copy of Still Here For You went??

BLL
02-22-2008, 07:18 PM
Karik, check your local NBC station; ours re-runs the Tonight show one week later at 3:00 am (I'm est). Since I messed up my dvr I'm going to get it early Tuesday morning.

Jona
02-22-2008, 07:26 PM
it was the first thing i tried when i came home, but it doesn't work here.

but i found a link to "more than a memory" . at least a little piece of the show - better than nothing.

http://www.popcrunch.com/garth-brooks-leno-video-garth-brooks-tonight-show-with-jay-leno-video/

I didn't tried this time. Thanks for the link to the MTAM performance!! That was awesome.

Lita
02-23-2008, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the link. I didn't know it was on the other night but I did hear yesterday he's gonna be on Ellen on Monday so the DVR will be ready for that. :)

PJ
02-23-2008, 02:32 PM
apparently they ran over time because I recorded it and it automatically setys it for 1 min. recording after, and It cut off the last part of MTAM!! I cried! I forwarded through the girl talking(I can't remember her name) and did anyone else notice that she seemed to talk a LOT longer than Garth did. I am convinced her blabbing made me miss the end of MTAM.

It must have just been your local station as I saw the entire performance plus when Jay and Christina Ricci came over after the eprformance and it ended here right on time at 11:35.

G-f
02-23-2008, 05:45 PM
I saw what you did PJ, but I've noticed it does go to about 11:37 sometimes, and when I am forced to look at someone on Letterman, that can be the same. I'm glad Garth has never been on that show, that is the the only time I will is when there is someone I like, then I turn it. Leno and GB are good together.
Tricia