PDA

View Full Version : Garth "pink" G shirts

ffuhrman
02-18-2008, 10:42 PM
I was at the Saturday night Kansas City concert in November. I was talking with the Susan B. Komen volunteers outside before the concert started. They were telling me that Garth put on a private concert for them earlier on in the day. After the concert he handed out shirt for them to where and on the front they had is famous "g" in pink. I think that back said Staff or Volunteer or something. Dummy me didn't think to have my picture taken with them. They were all so nice. Anyway does anyone else remember this? Did he do the same in LA? Does anyone know anyone who knows anyone who can get one? Thanks .

p.s--My fiancée and some really close friends did the 3-day walk last year in Philly and are walking again in Boston this year. It blew us away when Garth announced the pink edition and then to say it was Trisha doing a 3-day walk that inspired him. It was inspirational to watch these girls walk. Thanks Garth!

karik
02-19-2008, 10:32 AM
I remember they had those shirts. That's neat that they got a private concert. They were very nice, and enthusiastic considering how cold it got at night after the concerts. They came up to us and asked if we'd like to buy one ofthe pink edition CD's and we told them we had already pre-ordered 2. They started jumping up and down and thanking us even though we didn't even buy one from them. It was fun.

Cat3192
02-19-2008, 12:08 PM
I met some of those volunteers at my hotel after the Sunday show. I offered to buy one of their shirts and they would not part with them for any amount of money. I really don't blame them. They did a great job at the shows.

mammafox
02-19-2008, 02:38 PM
i was at the 6pm friday show in LA and I don't think those girls shirts where like the ones in Kansas.