PDA

View Full Version : What are some songs that include Garth that are on iTunes??

karik
02-18-2008, 07:07 PM
and, has anyone ever downloaded "In the begining- a songwriter's tribute to Garth Brooks?" It has some songs by Victoria Shaw, Kent Blazy, etc. Is it a good album.

So, what songs are there that are duets that include Garth?? not any ofthe cheezy crap tributes. bleck.

GBronx
02-18-2008, 07:52 PM
I have In The Beginning. But I bought the CD when it came out. It's great!!

I don't know who all is on ITunes.

But Garth has a Duet with Chris LaDoux I think the Title is What 'cha Gonna Do With A Cowboy.

If you can get Tony Arata on ITunes he has a duet with GB I Used To Worry. Great fun song!!

And if my brain worked I could remember another one by Dwayne somebody.

Sorry I can't be more of a help!!

garthtacular
02-19-2008, 02:21 AM
Was it Dewayne Blackwell ?

Anybody know the nam eof the song?

also the song that Tony Arata and garth sang together is a fun song.

Garth and his other collaborators should get togther and put all the duet songs in one sinlge ablum, that would be teriffic.
Some Things never Cahnge with Chirs Ledux
Whatcha Gonna Do With A cowboy with Charis ledux
The Fever with chris ledux
Night Birds - Royal Wade kimes
If Tomorow never Comes- Pat alger
new york state of mind- - billy Joel
Hard luck woman - kiss
american pie don mclean
you may be right billy joel
all the songs with trishia yearwood
Freedom with George michael
Long neck Bottle Stve Warner
Burning The roadhouse down steve warner
katie wants a fast one steve warner

any others i may have missed ? please add

what do you all think, just repaqckage the songs on one single album(s)

iriscrazy
02-19-2008, 02:25 AM
I'd buy it!

YouSoundBitter
02-19-2008, 06:25 AM
I don't need your rocking chair with George Jones
Cheap Whiskey with Martina McBride
Tear's Dry with Victoria Shaw

karik
02-19-2008, 10:28 AM
I bought Watcha Gonna Do With A Cowboy and it is AWESOME!

GBronx
02-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Was it Dewayne Blackwell ?

Some Things never Cahnge with Chirs Ledux
Whatcha Gonna Do With A cowboy with Charis ledux
The Fever with chris ledux
Night Birds - Royal Wade kimes
If Tomorow never Comes- Pat alger
new york state of mind- - billy Joel
Hard luck woman - kiss
american pie don mclean
you may be right billy joel
all the songs with trishia yearwood
Freedom with George michael
Long neck Bottle Stve Warner
Burning The roadhouse down steve warner
katie wants a fast one steve warner

what do you all think, just repaqckage the songs on one single album(s)

OH MY!! I was thinking of Dwayne Blackwell but I was putting him with Night Birds by Royal Wade Kimes!! It really sucks growing up (getting old)!!! ;)

Forgot about Some Things Never Change by CL

Haven't heard some of the ones on the list but Hard Luck Woman is great!!!
I never heard Tears Dry With Vick Shaw!! Got to look out for that one!!

I love the idea of the repackageing of these songs in one CD!!

Maggie526
02-19-2008, 02:43 PM
Desperado
The Fever with ChrisLeDoux/Charlie Daniels
Angels Among Us with Alan Jackson/Clint Black

YouSoundBitter
02-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Agh Tears Dry is a great song, he's only in the background but you can hear him, it's a beautiful song!

GBronx
02-20-2008, 05:06 PM

REALLY??? Hmmmmmmmm

YouSoundBitter
02-20-2008, 09:07 PM
Yeah, FEVER I knew that was from an award show (CMA's?) but Angels Among Us is new to me too...

Jona
02-21-2008, 01:11 AM
Isn't Randy Travis on this too? As the lead singer?

Out on Her Own - with Charlie Chase and Doug Stone
One heart at a time - several artists and Garth of course

garthtacular
02-21-2008, 01:33 AM
didn't Albama do this song ?

YouSoundBitter
02-21-2008, 04:47 AM
So are we talking about stuff he's done life or recorded with others? It'd be a never ending list of live stuff:-)

Jona
02-21-2008, 05:20 AM
The ones I wrote are recorded. One night at a time was to benefit Cystic fibroses. Victoria Shaw wrote the song I think.
Out on her own is on Charlie Chases cd "My wife... My life".
They are both available at amazon. I don't know if they are on iTunes.

Maggie526
02-21-2008, 11:00 AM
Isn't Randy Travis on this too? As the lead singer?

Out on Her Own - with Charlie Chase and Doug Stone
One heart at a time - several artists and Garth of course

OOPS I forgot Randy :)
Also on iTunes Garth & James Taylor.. The River Live/VH1

Lita
02-23-2008, 02:01 PM
I bought Watcha Gonna Do With A Cowboy and it is AWESOME!

I got this one from I-Tunes too & I love it.

Jona
02-23-2008, 02:22 PM
It's a great song! I also love the other duet with Chris, Somethings never change :)

Maggie526
02-23-2008, 09:32 PM
It's a great song! I also love the other duet with Chris, Somethings never change :)

I don't have that duet. I'll have to look for it. Thanks Jona :)

Steven75407
03-10-2008, 10:32 PM
I think Rhapsody has Beer Run

About the Clint/Garth/Alan/Randy version of Angels Among Us - I downloaded it and its Alabama. It's somebody who likes the song but has no clue who sings it.

Gbfanoh
03-11-2008, 01:20 AM
Little help please. I can't find Garth and Don Mclean on I tunes. What was it under or album? I love Garth singing that, well I love him singing anything but would love to have that one. Thanks

Maggie526
03-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Garth Brooks & Don Mclean - American Pie

Gbfanoh
03-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Dang it. I still can't find it. Thanks for trying to help me!!!!

karik
03-11-2008, 08:45 PM
I have the video of american pie both from Ireland and the one w/Don McLean in Central Park downloaded on my computer from the DVD. Then I downloaded a program that extracts audio from the video and put both the video and audio on my iPod.

MuchTooYoung
03-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Okay, I thought I'd jump in here. I have broken this post into three sections, as follows:

SECTION I: GARTH ON iTUNES
Song Title - Artist as credited by iTunes (Album Title)

Whatcha Gonna Do With A Cowboy - Chris LeDoux Duet with Garth Brooks (Chris LeDoux: The Ultimate Collection)

Beer Run (B Double E Double Are You In?) - George Jones & George Jones with Garth Brooks (The Rock: Stone Cold Country)

If Tomorrow Never Comes - Kent Blazy & Garth Brooks (Have Guitar - Will Travel)

Night Birds (duet With Garth Brooks) - Royal Wade Kimes (A Dyin' Breed)

Katie Wants a Fast One - Steve Wariner & Garth Brooks (Steve Wariner: The Hits Collection)

Burnin' The Roadhouse Down - Steve Wariner & Garth Brooks (Steve Wariner: The Hits Collection)

Deep Water - Asleep at the Wheel & Garth Brooks (from the Asleep at the Wheel album "A Tribute to the Music of Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys" - there are two versions of this album; one has a white cover and is the "regular" version; the other has a black cover and, as indicated on the cover, contains dance versions of the same songs; to my knowledge, the Garth cut is not noticeably altered for the dance version)

SECTION II: OTHER KNOWN GARTH MISCELLANEOUS RECORDINGS
Please note that, with the exception of the first song I have listed, Garth is little more than a backup singer on the other songs, and may have at most one verse to himself on these songs)

Hard Luck Woman - Garth Brooks (from the Various Artists album "KISS My Ass: Classic KISS Re-Grooved")

Where Your Road Leads (The Duet with Garth Brooks) - Trisha Yearwood & Garth Brooks (from the Trisha Yearwood album "Where Your Road Leads" - please note that, despite the title, Garth does not sing any verses himself, as on an actual duet; the rest of the album can be downloaded from iTunes, but not this song)

One Heart At A Time - Various Artists, including Faith Hill, Neal McCoy, Garth Brooks, Michael McDonald, Your Mom, etc. (issued as a commercial single in the late 1990s)

I Don't Need Your Rockin' Chair - George Jones (available on a host of Jones compilations released since the mid 1990s)

Cheap Whiskey - Martina McBride (from her album "The Time Has Come")

SECTION III: BOOTLEG & LIVE RECORDINGS THAT COLLECTORS MISTAKENLY SUGGEST THE AVERAGE PERSON CAN ACQUIRE
This list is actually much longer than what I have included, but it covers the most frequently cited "Miscellaneous Garth" audio recordings.

American Pie - most often, this song is an audio extract from either the Ireland or Central Park concert taken from the home video release

VH1 Storytellers - I don't have a copy of this episode, but it featured Garth and an acoustic guitar, and James Taylor dropped by

Anything with Billy Joel - again, taken from the Central Park concert

Covers of songs that were big prior to his own recording career, such as "Amarillo by Morning" or "Sweet Baby James" - There is an oft-traded bootleg called "The Hungry Years" (though it sometimes goes by an alternate title) that collects cover song live performances by Garth from the mid 1980s; it was never released commercially and exists entirely because someone took the time to record his shows before he became a star

It's Your Song (Studio Version) - this was released by Capitol Records as a promotional CD single to radio stations for airplay when "Double Live" was released. Many stations are reluctant to play live cuts, so they offered them this version instead. The band learned to play the songs live by hearing the studio version first, so Garth recorded this and a studio version of "Tearin' It Up (And Burnin' It Down)" to use as a demo for his stage band; the studio version of "Tearin' It Up" has never been issued, even as a promotional item

The River (Acoustic Version) - This was tacked onto a UK single release years ago, but never issued in the US

There are also several edits and such of songs that were released as singles, such as "Friends in Low Places" and "The River." These were only issued as promo CD singles to radio stations for airplay, though the determined collector can check eBay or gemm.com to find a seller from time to time.

MuchTooYoung
03-17-2008, 08:04 PM
I almost forget; if you're interested, there is a weekly podcast of "The American Country Countdown with Kix Brooks." Each podcast lasts about five to ten minutes and includes snippets of interviews with country stars, and Kix names the top three songs from that week's chart. Anyway, the November 19, 2007 episode includes Garth. As with all podcasts, this is entirely free.

For those unfamiliar with searching iTunes for such things:

Just go to the iTunes store and search for "American Country Countdown." It should come up fairly easily. You'll need to subscribe to see past episodes. Then, go into the Podcasts tab on iTunes and you'll see "The American Country Countdown with Kix Brooks." Click on the little triangle next to the title, and it'll drop down to show you each episode. Go down to the one dated Nov. 17, 2007 and click "Get." A few minutes later, enjoy!

MuchTooYoung
03-24-2008, 09:06 PM
Just a quick follow-up on this thread: I have just posted an iMix called, simply enough, "Garth Brooks on iTunes." It collects all eight of the songs currently available on iTunes, and gives you a link to purchase any of them for $0.99 each. It wouldn't let me include the podcast episode of The American Country Countdown, though.

Emerald Isle
03-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Just a quick follow-up on this thread: I have just posted an iMix called, simply enough, "Garth Brooks on iTunes." It collects all eight of the songs currently available on iTunes, and gives you a link to purchase any of them for $0.99 each. It wouldn't let me include the podcast episode of The American Country Countdown, though.

Wow, I'm surprised no one has piped in to say GREAT JOB on those 3 posts. Lots of great info there. Thanks SO MUCH for putting it all together and in such a nice and easy way.

Much appreciated!!

karik
03-27-2008, 10:10 PM
How do you search for iMixs?

MuchTooYoung
03-30-2008, 02:55 PM
Thank you for your kind words. I've always been a completist, and I have always felt that people who can help others should help others.

MuchTooYoung
03-30-2008, 03:04 PM
How to Search for an iMix
1) Open iTunes
2) In the search field in the top right, enter "iMix"
3) On the results screen, you will see a section for Albums, Podcasts, etc. You will also see a box in the upper right for "Related." Click on the link for iMix in the "Related" box.

If you want to search for my "Garth Brooks on iTunes" iMix...
4) Once you're in the iMix section (as described in steps 1-3), enter in the iMix Search Field "Garth Brooks iTunes." Currently, my iMix is #18. The album art shows the covers to Chris LeDoux's "The Ultimate Collection" and Asleep at the Wheel's "Tribute to the Music of Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys."

MuchTooYoung
03-30-2008, 03:08 PM
I've been trying to find a way to just give a link to the iMix, but it's set up to embed a whole Flash-driven thing on a page. The PG forum isn't equipped to run such critters, as you probably know. I'll keep working on it, though. I [I]can[I], however, e-mail an invitation to the iMix to anyone who wants one. Just PM me with the e-mail address you want your invitation to go to.

Mr_Sevens
04-12-2008, 01:58 PM
iTunes has the music video for "Where Your Road Leads" featuring Garth and Trisha on sale for $1.49

Shutrbug72
04-12-2008, 02:26 PM
That is fascinating seeing as the copyright is Pearl Records. Hmmm...

Great find - great quality. :)

I just adore this performance anyway - such passion and emotion. Brilliant.

Awesome lists above, by the way. Thanks!

- lish

karik
04-12-2008, 10:59 PM
O wow That's an awesome find. I've seen it, but i went ahead and bought it anyway. It includes Garth for Pete's sake!!