PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Yukon

luvsgarth62
02-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Hey guys,

It's been forever since I've posted, but I still lurk around :) Me and my bf went to Yukon Jan 5 for a concert and I told her that we just HAD to find Garth's childhood home. Welll, after driving for a while, we finally found it! It was neat, in a little neighborhood. It looked to me like no one lived there, but I could be wrong. I have pics, I'll try to post them later in the day. I got pics of GB Blvd and the sign that says home to GB. Pretty cool!

-Alicia

Skywise
02-13-2008, 04:15 PM
very cool! did you get a picture of the water tower? (if it's still adorned?)

I went to yukon in 1993.. Awesome trip- they had a little store back then that sold Garth brooks blvd signs, copies of hte paper from when he came back, shirts, etc..

glad you liked the trip!

luvsgarth62
02-13-2008, 05:40 PM
I saw the watertower, but we couldn't seem to get in front of it. The back side looked very lovely :) We also went by the trophy shop that sells all the watertowers and stuff, but it was closed, hopefully for the weekend. We'll be going back out there again, maybe it'll be open then. I can't seem to upload the pics, too big :( I need to try maybe tomorrow. Sorry.

-Alicia

okiegirl2007
02-13-2008, 11:30 PM
that is great. I have been to Yukon also. The day we moved here where we
are now we stopped there for gas and lunch. Stopped at Wal-Mart too. It's a day i won't forget. We was on GB Blvd also. The water tower is HUGE in person. Everytime we would go to Texas we would go through Yukon. I play my garth cd's everytime we go through there. :) The day was April 19, 2000.
the anniversary of the Okc. Bombing. :(

mammafox
02-14-2008, 12:03 AM
one of these years i hope to get my family to take a road trip through the united states - I would like to hit up a few of those BBQ cook off compititions, go to the nascar hall of fame, and of course see garths home town.

I have done a trip around the united states once before with my family when I was a kid (about 12 or 13) in our motorhome and I had a great time.

Maybe someday - we shall see