PDA

View Full Version : The Final Cut

jturtels
02-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Here is my final cut of "Still Here For You." I made some changes from the one I put up yesterday...let me know what you think! Go Garth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Myb5vRfkVo

(hopefully youtube doesn't take it off again.)

dre77
02-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Great job I loved it!
Andrea

VocalLizzy
02-11-2008, 09:29 PM
LOVE IT!!!!! Scoops of Moose Tracks for everyone involved (yes, I know that's Lucas' fave flavor...but it should be the official scoop-stuff of "Still Here For You")

Biased and Lyrical Miss Lizzy

summerwind16
02-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Still beautiful! It takes my breath away! I hope it stays on youtube this time.

Lisa

Monakayla
02-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Thanks for posting the link. Sounds good!

-Monica :)

Jona
02-11-2008, 09:59 PM
This is really beautiful :)

Maggie526
02-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Awesome.!!! Sounds Great. Hope it stays.

C.M.
02-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Wow! Great job. I've noticed on Trisha's website people post songs for her to listen to and she responds to some. Perhaps she can pass this on to her hubby. Just a thought!

SenileOkie
02-12-2008, 12:20 AM
That was amazing! I missed it the first time it was up. Did the first one have video or just the song like it does now? I love your voice!!

Nuwanda
02-12-2008, 09:36 AM
it still sounds good.
very good work.

VocalLizzy
02-12-2008, 10:35 AM
Anyone here post on Trisha's site? Someone needs to carry SHFY's torch over there, people!!! :)

Miss Lizzy

wendyjo
02-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Awesome work guys .. I can't get it out of my head

.. you say your career's at half-time...
.. we'll still be here for you...
da da da da ..

:)

I took the plunge ..

http://www1.trishayearwood.com/tyboard/index.php?showtopic=2317

VocalLizzy
02-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Ok this is gonna rhyme...

WAY TO GO, WENDY JO!!!

*cheers*

Proud Miss Lizzy

Maggie526
02-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Anyone here post on Trisha's site? Someone needs to carry SHFY's torch over there, people!!! :)

Miss Lizzy

Think we can get Trisha to sing SHFY for us.. a female version would be great !!

JoAnn L.
02-12-2008, 12:48 PM
The final cut is awesome. I love the melody and the guitar picking but most of the message....."We'll still be here for you." We all proved that in KC & LA for sure. There is no doubt about it, that man knows he's loved and missed.
JoAnn

Robert Wassink
02-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Great song!!

Way to go for all off you who made it,
I hope Garth loves it too..

I even hope Garth will write something to the PGers as a thank you..
Would be fantastic!

You people are the best!

Robert Wassink
02-12-2008, 01:03 PM
BTW... do you have an MP3 off this song??

Monakayla
02-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Well, So far so good. The have not pulled the video yet. It probably was the picture. If it stays up past today, we should probably try and get something other than the black screen...

-Monica

Gbfanoh
02-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Lucas that sounded wonderful!!! Good job to everyone! I really hope somehow Garth gets to hear it. AWSOME

Robert Wassink
02-12-2008, 03:22 PM
if I could get the audio file I might be able to make a movie off it, at least I could try then.

Monakayla
02-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Lucas that sounded wonderful!!! Good job to everyone! I really hope somehow Garth gets to hear it. AWSOME

Just to clarify: the above version in this thread is not Lucas's version.
This version is jturtels vesion. Lucas's version is also cool though!

Gbfanoh
02-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Thanks for correcting me! They ARE both great! I just heard jturtels then and credit is due! That was AWSOME!! Sorry jturtels.

lucaswynne
02-12-2008, 05:10 PM
I love this version, the guitar is breathtaking. I seriously want your guitar skills.

mammafox
02-12-2008, 07:00 PM
great song - i hope he does listen to it - i am sure he would appreciate it very much - i also looked at the one with the slide show - i liked that one to.

kauri15
02-13-2008, 12:41 AM
Very cool :)

Maggie526
02-13-2008, 09:05 AM
I love this version, the guitar is breathtaking. I seriously want your guitar skills.

You have my vote Lucas.
Happy to see both versions are still up:)

Monakayla
02-13-2008, 10:11 AM
Well,

Glad both versions are still up. I had another crazy idea. What if we could somehow get a signed artist to record this (since radio will only play a signed artist) and then sell a CD of it with all the profits going to T4K.... I am not a music bis insider, but maybe if we worked with someone who was. I am not suggesting we deal with the CD at all ourselves, but maybe the T4K foundation or the record label could take this on and just use our song.
Any thoughts or further ideas...

I also think we really need to get something up aside from the black screen. Video of some kind
or a "safe" picture would probably get the song more hits.

-Monica

lucaswynne
02-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Go to Flickr.com and "advanced search" search for Garth with the creative commons license selected. Those photos are ok to use under the assumption the venues allowed photography.

I love the song, but don't personally consider it to be a commercial success. If I was to hear something like this on the radio I'd have to say "There's somebody just trying to steal fans!" and be insulted that it was Mr. Brooks they chose to steal the fans of - that radio would be turned off so fast! With our current usage of it, it has a true meaning.

So many artists have their own charities/causes already. I'd just say if any of us ever become wealthy, we donate to T4K! I know I will.

Monakayla
02-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Go to Flickr.com and "advanced search" search for Garth with the creative commons license selected. Those photos are ok to use under the assumption the venues allowed photography.

I love the song, but don't personally consider it to be a commercial success. If I was to hear something like this on the radio I'd have to say "There's somebody just trying to steal fans!" and be insulted that it was Mr. Brooks they chose to steal the fans of - that radio would be turned off so fast! With our current usage of it, it has a true meaning.

So many artists have their own charities/causes already. I'd just say if any of us ever become wealthy, we donate to T4K! I know I will.

Lucas,

You have a very good point! I didn't look at it from that angle. We'll just keep it where it is and get a framed and matted copy to Garth.

-Monica ;)

Monakayla
02-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Lizzy mentioned this on the Tonight Show thread and I was thinking along the same line. What about Garth getting this song nicely framed and matted on the Tonight Show. This way we would have an address and also get to see and hear his reaciton to it.

Would anyone local who is going to the show be willing to do this? If not maybe one of us (or me) could contact the show and arrange to have this shipped and given to Garth by Jay Leno.

-Monica

lucaswynne
02-16-2008, 11:11 AM
It's worth a shot, but I'd say it's a long shot. Who knows though... it's worth a try!

Monakayla
02-16-2008, 11:44 AM
It's worth a shot, but I'd say it's a long shot. Who knows though... it's worth a try!

Lucas,

I am on the case. Someone on this board gave me some contact info of a lady who is one of Garth's people. I am going to try and see if she can do anything to help us out. I emailed her last night, but I also have phone contact numbers. I have typed out the lyrics and today I will get them nicely framed and matted. I will be ready to ship it overnight if I have to. Yes, it will take some luck, but who knows...maybe we can all roll a 7! We are not asking fo the song to be read or sung, just for our gift to be given to Garth. It would such a simple and quick thing to do...

-Monica

ZooPal32
02-16-2008, 11:52 AM
very nice

Maggie526
02-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Lucas,

I am on the case. Someone on this board gave me some contact info of a lady who is one of Garth's people. I am going to try and see if she can do anything to help us out. I emailed her last night, but I also have phone contact numbers. I have typed out the lyrics and today I will get them nicely framed and matted. I will be ready to ship it overnight if I have to. Yes, it will take some luck, but who knows...maybe we can all roll a 7! We are not asking fo the song to be read or sung, just for our gift to be given to Garth. It would such a simple and quick thing to do...

-Monica

I think it is well worth a shot Monica. In the words of the Man himself..
How you ever gonna know if you never dare to try ...

lucaswynne
02-16-2008, 12:03 PM
I'm just trying to make sure our hopes don't get too up on this, that's all.
Who knows, this just might happen. I'd surely like to see it.

I've been holding off on sending my present to Garth because he's been so busy as of late. I'll send it next month probably.

Monakayla
02-16-2008, 12:50 PM
I'm just trying to make sure our hopes don't get too up on this, that's all.
Who knows, this just might happen. I'd surely like to see it.

I've been holding off on sending my present to Garth because he's been so busy as of late. I'll send it next month probably.

If it does happen, that is great! If not, then we have it framed and matted and ready to send to him at a different address.

-Monica

Monakayla
02-16-2008, 04:37 PM
Our song has been framed and double matted as promised! It looks great!
It has a black frame with a black outer mat over a gold inner mat. I used an italic font on everything except the title since it seemed to give the song some life and flow or melody if that makes sense! The people at the frame shop thought it was pretty cool! They also liked our song.

Jona
02-16-2008, 04:41 PM
it sounds awesome! What about posting a picture of it?

Paula
02-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Our song has been framed and double matted as promised! It looks great!
It has a black frame with a black outer mat over a gold inner mat. I used an italic font on everything except the title since it seemed to give the song some life and flow or melody if that makes sense! The people at the frame shop thought it was pretty cool! They also liked our song.

-Monica :)Very :cool:.

Paula

Monakayla
02-16-2008, 04:48 PM
it sounds awesome! What about posting a picture of it?

I did upload the picture to my computer. I do have it in a .jpg file. I also have it as a shortcut on my computer. When I tried to drag it and put it in here my security controls blocked it. I can send it through regular email but it won't seem to let me put it here. If anyone has any tricks, please let me know.

Jona
02-16-2008, 04:51 PM
If you have a photobucket account, you can try to upload it from there...? :)

Monakayla
02-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Here you go!

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj198/garthfanalways/

summerwind16
02-16-2008, 05:57 PM
MonaKayla,

It looks beautiful! I hope it works! It looks like someone mentioned he might be on Ellen so maybe you could try that as well. I emailed the Ellen show to tell her about the song. I doubt anything will happen but you never know. Garth fans have a way of making miracles happen. Good luck with the frame. It really is beautiful!

VocalLizzy
02-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Oh, it looks WONDERFUL!!!! As my Australian co-workers would say "Good on ya, mate!"

*hugs* Here's wishing it gets in the proper hands soooooooooooooon.

xoxoxoxox

Miss Lizzy

Jona
02-16-2008, 06:45 PM
That is so beautiful. I hope you will have luck with the Leno show. Otherwise you can mail it to the Pearl Records address on the Ultimate Hit booklet. I did spoke with a woman at O'Neil & Hagaman's, (who have the same address, someone posted in another thread that they are his lawyer/accountant firm) and she told me that all the mail sent to the Pearl Record address would reach him. :)

Maggie526
02-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Looks fantastic!! Great work Monica.

jturtels
02-16-2008, 11:50 PM
That looks awesome! Nice job!

karik
02-17-2008, 07:07 PM
Love it! I can't wait to know what happens!!!!

SenileOkie
02-18-2008, 02:56 PM
You did a great job, Mona! It looks great! It would really be cool if there we are able to see it presented to him!

wmcinnis
02-18-2008, 03:12 PM
That looks great!:)
-Susan-

Monakayla
02-18-2008, 09:48 PM
I'm glad everyone likes the picture. The Garth contact I was given has not returned my email or phone call. They might be off due to the holiday. I have been sent a private message from someone on this forum who is going to the show. I have this persons address so that I could ship this picture to them and they could bring it to the show. I am also off that day, so now I am thinking of flying there myself, but I can't seem to find a cheap enough flight... Either way, there is no guarantee of this being done ON the show.
There is also no guarantee that either of us will be able to give this to Garth.
We'll just hope for the best... I talked to someone from the Leno Show too, and they said they could not help me. I'll keep you posted... If Garth does not get it at the Tonight Show, we can ship it to the Pearl Records address.

Thanks to everyone for all your efforts on this. This song would not have gotten finished without you! Garth will love it!

huskergirl7
02-18-2008, 11:22 PM
It looks great! Best of luck getting it to him, I so hope you guys are successful at Leno.

Monakayla
02-20-2008, 02:18 AM
Okay gang!

I was about to ship the frame to one of the people on this board who is going to Leno. Just before I left to do that, I got a call from the Garth contact. They were supposed to get back to me again, but so far they have not...which I take as a "no". I then went to ship the item and I still could have overnighted it, but the cost was $80 with one method and over $100 with the other method. I'm sorry, but I just can't justify all that extra cost when we don't even have any guarantees. My plan is to ship it to him at the Pearl Records address through regular service. I will include a card. If you contributed any of the lyrics and want your name listed on the card, please send me a private message and I will list your name on the card.
Sorry it did not work out, but we still have Garth on Leno to look forward to!
And he still going to get this gift!

SenileOkie
02-20-2008, 02:46 PM
That is an insane amount of money to mail something, even if it is garunteed overnite delivery!! I understand totally why you are not sending it!

lucaswynne
02-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Not worth the money, I agree. Send it to Pearl.

I can't really see the full lyrics from the picture... but if it included any of my lyrics feel free to put my name on it "Lucas Wynne".

Garth is going to get a pleasant surprise in his mail box one of these days. Now I don't want to send the gift I made him until I find out if this Ireland deal is real or not! I'm still adding some details to it anyways. And I'm sick, so that never gives you motivation!

Monakayla
02-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Not worth the money, I agree. Send it to Pearl.

I can't really see the full lyrics from the picture... but if it included any of my lyrics feel free to put my name on it "Lucas Wynne".

Garth is going to get a pleasant surprise in his mail box one of these days. Now I don't want to send the gift I made him until I find out if this Ireland deal is real or not! I'm still adding some details to it anyways. And I'm sick, so that never gives you motivation!

Lucas,

Yes, Garth will get a very pleasant surprise in his mail box! The version on the picture does not contain the "Lucas ending". You did however bring the words to life with your video. What is a song without someone to sing it! Of course, I will list your name on the card. Your effort with this project demands it!!! The same goes for jturtels. Get well!!!

Jturtels, let me know on here or by PM how you would like to be listed on the card.

Thanks everyone for understanding my not sending the picture. Enjoy watching Garth on Leno.
I'm sure the topic of the LA shows will come up, so it will be nice to hear his thoughts!

lucaswynne
02-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Somebody needs to be sure to recap Leno for me, I'll be sleeping - school night!

Monakayla
02-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Lucas, anyone, Go to this site and you can watch the whole show!!!!

http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/index.shtml

lucaswynne
02-20-2008, 10:19 PM
Thanks!

Monakayla
02-23-2008, 11:36 PM
I am mailing our framed lyrics to Garth to the Pearl Records address on Monday. If anyone who contributed wants their name added and has not yet contacted me, please notify me on here or by private message.

-Monica

Monakayla
02-25-2008, 06:05 PM
Hi gang,

Our gift to Garth has been sent! It included the picture with the lyrics, a card, and a booklet with the "long version". I also printed a special thread on here and added it to the booklet. It was the thread called "How has Garth changed your life?" All your words, in song or in writing are now on their way to our G-man! I did include the links to both audio versions of the songs as well. If you gave me your name, it's on the card. Hopefully we'll hear from Garth so that we know he did recieve this gift.

Thanks to everyone for your efforts!