PDA

View Full Version : Garth interview

dlr5
02-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Just heard on the radio that Garth will be on News on 6 tonight at 10:00. (I'm assuming 10 Tulsa time). Here is the link: http://www.newson6.com/ There is a snippet on there now, scroll down and it's on the right side.

Diane

iriscrazy
02-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Yahoooooooo, I'll be watching. (BOK, BOK, BOK, BOK...PLEASE!)

VocalLizzy
02-07-2008, 01:32 PM

Who let the chickens roam free in here?

*giggle*

VERY Silly Miss Lizzy (blame the Quils, kids...DayQuil, NyQuil...)

kissncry
02-07-2008, 01:38 PM

Yesssssss!! Joyce, I second that one. :D BOK would be so perfect for us to do multiple shows. It's almost the same distance from us as KC was, so driving it won't be a problem at all. Keeping my fingers crossed.....:ipray:

Sherry

iriscrazy
02-07-2008, 02:08 PM
We had our signs at LA, "Light on @ BOK". Garth pointed at us and nodded "yes". Of course we would like to read something into that but since he nods and points to a lot of people during the show I don't guess that we can take that as a firm commitment. LOL! (When Garth pointed at us my little sister got so excited that she flipped over her chair and landed in the floor...we just looked at her and kept on going!) L'DMAO!

Maggie526
02-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Anyone know if you can listen to the interview live on the website?
You guys already got to see Garth.. time for him to come back to the East Coast :)

Monakayla
02-07-2008, 02:34 PM
East coast, West Coast, cenral w/no coast I don't care. We will take Garth anywhere we can get him! ;)

VocalLizzy
02-07-2008, 02:38 PM
As I told Paul Rodgers' road manager when he played BB Kings in NYC this year...

"It is nice to go to a show where I don't have to follow TSA guidelines beforehand."

LOL

Central Park misses Garth!!! :)

Miss Lizzy in NYC

Maggie526
02-07-2008, 03:03 PM
East coast, West Coast, cenral w/no coast I don't care. We will take Garth anywhere we can get him! ;)

I would love to "get Him" on the East Coast :) Trisha is coming to NJ... wish she would bring her cowboy with her :)

iriscrazy
02-07-2008, 03:47 PM

Amen sister, amen! After flying to LA...no place is out of the question.

okiegirl2007
02-07-2008, 11:42 PM
I am only 2 hours from Tulsa so like he said he treats Okies like neighbors.
I watched it on our local news channel. :) He looked so cute in those hoodies. Especially the OSU one. I am a huge OSU fan. Looked great in the LA fire hat. I would love to hear the whole interview but can't visit the site.
after it was over the broadcasters wished him a happy birthday. :D can't believe he's 46 today. WOW! Sure don't look it.

iriscrazy
02-07-2008, 11:43 PM
Who let the chickens roam free in here?

*giggle*

VERY Silly Miss Lizzy (blame the Quils, kids...DayQuil, NyQuil...)

Hey Miss Lizzy...I think that I saw YOU in the interview?

Great interview but they said that the BOK did not sound promising. Oh well, 5 awesome concerts for our gang. I'm up to go where-ever. Ireland should be a nice change of scenery!

dsdunnam
02-08-2008, 04:35 AM
I was so in hopes he would open the BOK. I cried when they said it didn't look promising. Im not completely giving up on it, dreams die hard!

leaving the light on

Mr_Sevens
02-08-2008, 08:13 AM
yeah, it doesn't look like he'll be playing the BOK.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/category.asp?C=121535&nav=menu682_4

VocalLizzy
02-08-2008, 08:52 AM

Great interview but they said that the BOK did not sound promising. Oh well, 5 awesome concerts for our gang. I'm up to go where-ever. Ireland should be a nice change of scenery!

ME?!?!?!? HUH!!!?!?!? WHA???

DETAILS, WOMAN!!! LOL

Curious Miss Lizzy (thinking some CBS footage got spliced in...how else?)

VocalLizzy
02-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Okay, just peeked at the video...saw a few shots of the stage where I could see my signs from the back, but none of my giddy mug in the camera. No worries, though...I know I was there. :)

Miss Lizzy

iriscrazy
02-08-2008, 09:30 AM
yeah, it doesn't look like he'll be playing the BOK.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/category.asp?C=121535&nav=menu682_4

Okay....we have to think positive here! Garth did not "open" the Sprint center, at least he was not the "first" to perform in the building. He did the ribbon cutting thing and then "officially" opened the Sprint center. I can see something like that. Also, he's not about to give away his plans. The mystery that is Garth Brooks is part of the whole lure...which I love. Maybe Sept. doesn't work for him. Where-ever, whenever, the Garth gang will be there.

Maggie526
02-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Nice interview. Garth looked great as usual.
How can they open a new arena in OK and not have Garth there?

kissncry
02-08-2008, 12:32 PM
BOK would be fantastic! However, I ain't gonna hold my breath for that man to do anything. Garth usually plays his cards pretty close to the vest, and this one appears to be no exception. Whatever his decision might be, looks like we will all be keeping an industrial sized cases of light bulbs on hand for a while now. :rolleyes:

Sherry (not quite ready for the impending Garth vanishing act she knows is coming) :*(

Maggie526
02-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Hoping Garth doesn't disappear for as long this time,Sherry.

Monakayla
02-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Garth is a sneaky guy. Don't worry. The venue is big enough, he lives just down the road, and it would not take him away from his family. The venue makes money, Garth or a charity makes money, Garth gets to play, we get to go to the show(S). I could think of no reason why BOK will not happen, if not for the opener for some shows now and then. BOK is also centrally located so it would be more reasonable for people from all areas of the country to get to. I think it is a situation where everyone wins. Garth did say "If I could be there for my kids and do this after they go to bed, man..." This is that chance! We have already shown him in LA that the late crowd is the best crowd! Garth would be crazy to pass that up. I do not expect a tour, but a show now and then. I think it would be a great thing for everyone, including the girls... They did not get to experience the shows back in the 90's. Now if they could have him cheering them on in their sports, etc. and then be cheering him on during a show... Sounds like a pretty cool Dad to me!!!!

iriscrazy
02-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Oh...Monakayla, I love your optimism. I'm going with your thoughts...sounds reasonable to me!

Monakayla
02-09-2008, 01:12 AM
Oh...Monakayla, I love your optimism. I'm going with your thoughts...sounds reasonable to me!

I've got to stay optimistic. It's the only way I can face LA (all 5) withdrawl! I have Garth CD's in my car and I have Garth's DVD box set of his concerts in my house! Garth knows how to fire us up. He was a marketing major. If he told us all his plans right away it would take away the hype. He want's us to miss him and be that much more excited when he does do a show. It's brilliant and it works! There is no better show on earth than Garth. The man, the music, the crowd energy is simply beyond words.

We will all leave a light on until whenever our G-Man comes back to us!

-Monica :)

iriscrazy
02-09-2008, 04:33 PM
One big AMEN from me and the gang. The light is on...no matter when or where, we're waiting.

Creidim
02-10-2008, 09:22 AM

I didn't hear any refernce to Ireland in the interviews, was there? The reason I ask is that my sister just told me of a newspaper article at home (Ireland) that said Garth is in talks to do up to 5 shows there. I'm not optimistic as the article quoted all his girls ages wrong so I am doubtful of the source but hey I'll hold on to anything! He could do it during the summer when the girls are out of school and bring them for a vacation.

iriscrazy
02-10-2008, 12:51 PM
There was no mention of Ireland but I really feel that as high of a probability as anywhere, afterall at the beginning of the LA shows the announcer said, "Welcome to the Garth Brooks WORLD Tour 2008." There are no coincidences when it comes to GB. If it was an accident they would not have repeated that at every concert. ( Did that full your flame)?

lucaswynne
02-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Garth is making me feel like an old man and I'm only 17! (Heck of a lot closer to 18)

His youngest daughter that wants to go to Belmont University won't be entering Belmont until about 2 years (I think that's right) after I've graduated from Belmont! I'm not going for music business though, I'm going for marketing - it's more versatile and 80% of Belmont is going for music business, I swear it.