PDA

View Full Version : Garth at NHL All-Star Game!

KUGuitarMonkey
01-27-2008, 07:43 PM
I'm watching the NHL All-Star game on Versus, and Garth is there...they just interviewed him! He was wearing a light blue top (looked like a denim top) and white cowboy hat. It was so funny...they were trying to interview him, and he was trying to watch the game! :) I was watching and didn't expect him at all, and all of a sudden I find myself jumping up yelling "OH MY GOSH, GARTH!!!" My whole family came running! He was explaining his foundation and how he is rooting for both teams b/c the donations are based on shots, saves, goals etc, instead of just on goals. I would have loved to hear more about it, but the interview was short. Still, so good to see him!!!

G-f
01-27-2008, 08:58 PM
That man gets around.....doesn't he ever get tired?......lol I see the award shows and folks recognized for things they have done at Benefits and such. I've never seen country music give him any respect for anything he's done like that, and he's probably done twice as much as Vinny....the Vince Gill stuff and such, which is good for Vince. That's okay, we know and Garth gets rewarded in his heart and from us.!
Tricia

Garthfan92
01-27-2008, 10:08 PM
I caught that too! The whole game should be re-aired again soon, so anyone who missed it should keep an eye out later tonight or tomorrow. He was on about 35 mins into the broadcast. He was there last year too to help promote the charity.

Lisa

PS. As a Chicago Wolves fan (affiliate of the Thrashers) I hated to see Kovalchuk robbed of a couple great scoring chances. His reaction to the one late in the 2nd was priceless though, congratulating the goalie on the save. It's competative, but they're all having fun!

BLL
01-27-2008, 10:13 PM
Check it out: http://www.accessatlanta.com/services/content/entertainment/stories/2008/01/27/childrens_0128.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=4

And I see its going to repeat at 11:00 pm est.

Maggie526
01-28-2008, 01:54 PM
http://www.accessatlanta.com/entertainment/content/entertainment/stories/2008/01/27/childrens_0128.html

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=288533&page=NewsPage&service=page

lucaswynne
01-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Watched the WHOLE All-Star game except for a couple seconds here and there I missed from flipping during commercials and I missed this!

For those of you that aren't big fans of hockey - an NHL all-star game is just like an NBA all-star game, lolly-gaggin', haha. There wasn't one check until 59 minutes of a 60 minute game, and it was accidental!

Teammates for Kids is by FAR my favorite charity, and not just because Garth is a co-founder. When I was first starting to play shows, I wanted to make sure I was supporting a charity - I looked into SO many of them, associated with country singers and not, T4K was the best by a LONG SHOT. 100% of proceeds going towards the causes is amazing. I'm a softy thought, I HAD to go with a children's charity. I hope to see this support keep up and would like to see it even expand more into the NBA and NFL personally.

Right now I'm starting a business - hopefully it will help pay for my college costs and keep me in school. My goal is a buyout, even though I'd like to keep the type of business it is a secret. But I think it's pretty apparent where I'd be putting some money if I reach that buyout goal.

I've got to tell you, I'm not one with very much money - and I've donate a dollar here and there to charities. But I've never felt as good as when I donated to T4K. Before, I felt scammed - with T4K you feel like you really helped out, and you did.

ANYWAYS, glad Garth got some air time! Always cool to see him popping up when you don't expect him.

Maggie526
01-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Watched the WHOLE All-Star game except for a couple seconds here and there I missed from flipping during commercials and I missed this!

For those of you that aren't big fans of hockey - an NHL all-star game is just like an NBA all-star game, lolly-gaggin', haha. There wasn't one check until 59 minutes of a 60 minute game, and it was accidental!

Teammates for Kids is by FAR my favorite charity, and not just because Garth is a co-founder. When I was first starting to play shows, I wanted to make sure I was supporting a charity - I looked into SO many of them, associated with country singers and not, T4K was the best by a LONG SHOT. 100% of proceeds going towards the causes is amazing. I'm a softy thought, I HAD to go with a children's charity. I hope to see this support keep up and would like to see it even expand more into the NBA and NFL personally.

Right now I'm starting a business - hopefully it will help pay for my college costs and keep me in school. My goal is a buyout, even though I'd like to keep the type of business it is a secret. But I think it's pretty apparent where I'd be putting some money if I reach that buyout goal.

I've got to tell you, I'm not one with very much money - and I've donate a dollar here and there to charities. But I've never felt as good as when I donated to T4K. Before, I felt scammed - with T4K you feel like you really helped out, and you did.

ANYWAYS, glad Garth got some air time! Always cool to see him popping up when you don't expect him.
No checking.. no penalties..no fights.. That's not Hockey :)
I'm a hockey fan but not a fan of the NHL All Star Game or any All star Game. I only watched the game to see Garth :)
Garth is amazing!! He had to be exhausted from the 5 shows in LA and anxious to get home to his girls but he shows up for this.
I agree TFK is a great charity.. you know the money is going where it's supposed to go.