PDA

View Full Version : Is he or isn't he?

Renegade11
01-26-2008, 11:59 PM
I was in the movie theatre for Garths KC concert where he ended it with his I'll be back statement....now this? http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=244328244&p=z443z895x

no offense but which is it? I'm a big fan but this "I'm coming back, I'm not coming back" is getting old...

ErinRae
01-27-2008, 12:23 AM
That was taken wrong from the press conference, his response was to a question about whether he had any other concerts planned this year. He said he was through he thought until his youngest was out of school but that we would still see him out and about for his charity. Plus the article said all five concerts were televised so that makes them loose credibility right at the very beginning.

Keri Canaday
01-27-2008, 12:28 AM
Also remember in KC he said, "If you wait for me, I will be back."

gbkubfan
01-27-2008, 03:29 PM
no offense but which is it? I'm a big fan but this "I'm coming back, I'm not coming back" is getting old...

Getting on soapbox...I really can't understand why this would bother anyone. We have an important election coming up, our soliders are fighting overseas, our kids aren't getting the proper education from the schools, people are getting gunned down in the streets and people actually get upset over somebody marrying somebody of the same sex and we are still discussing racial issues so whether Garth stays retired or not seems to be way down the pecking order. Let him do what he wants if it makes him happy. I just enjoy what he gives me and it makes me happy. There is so much unhappiness in the world that these little shots of brightness make life worth living. I had a great time at yesterday's concert. I enjoyed the free time with my friends on the drive up. I saw happy people at Staples Center getting 2 hours and more of happiness. Stepping off the soapbox.

AronP24
01-27-2008, 03:41 PM

Getting on soapbox...I really can't understand why this would bother anyone. We have an important election coming up, our soliders are fighting overseas, our kids aren't getting the proper education from the schools, people are getting gunned down in the streets and people actually get upset over somebody marrying somebody of the same sex and we are still discussing racial issues so whether Garth stays retired or not seems to be way down the pecking order. Let him do what he wants if it makes him happy. I just enjoy what he gives me and it makes me happy. There is so much unhappiness in the world that these little shots of brightness make life worth living. I had a great time at yesterday's concert. I enjoyed the free time with my friends on the drive up. I saw happy people at Staples Center getting 2 hours and more of happiness. Stepping off the soapbox.

whelp we know what side of the political spectrum you fall on :)

Skywise
01-27-2008, 03:53 PM
dang aron, wish I'd known you actually got to go! I'd have given you $ to get me something! :D

great post, Btw

gbkubfan
01-27-2008, 06:56 PM
whelp we know what side of the political spectrum you fall on :)

Yep. I am a registered republican who is voting for a democrat this year....LOL

G-f
01-27-2008, 09:36 PM
Yep. I am a registered republican who is voting for a democrat this year....LOL
=================================
Oh my gosh....... a democrat, now they will be over HERE fighting in the streets instead of us holding them in other countries. Not starting a Political thing here, so I will stop with this.......at least Bush holds them there, Clinton did NOTHING to them for killing our guys on the Navy ship, knowing WHO did it too.
====================================

Back to Garth, he can't stand it now, he's got a taste of some of the good stuff again. He'll have to jump in and out more now. Maybe we'll have a lot of Video footage coming to us so we can see the KC concert and the CBS one. Would be more money for the L.A. to sell us the concert.
Tricia

Skywise
01-27-2008, 09:40 PM
The liberal left could be a downfall for this country- actually though, so could some of the republican candidates right now- it's not good..

I agree with ya tricia- Clinton did NOTHING , lob a few cruise missiles... nothing more- (didn't he hit an aspirin factory or something of that ilk too?) oh yeah- somalia ....

anywho.....

Garth- I think he may be breaking out little by little- but he's also a man of his word.... from what I've seen- that may preclude any further shows... for now... (till the next charitable possibility..)

Garthmedic
01-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Nope. We are not having this discussion here.