PDA

View Full Version : Brillant Review of Garth's LA Concert

Brett Dale
01-26-2008, 04:08 PM
http://www.ocregister.com/entertainment/garth-brooks-staples-1967750-center-benefit

We all know how the cowboy hat works. Even if you've never seen him do it before – if, for instance, you had just ended 50 years of cave solitude and immediately tuned in his CBS special Friday night – you'd still recognize the significance the hat holds.

When the hat is on, that ball of fire Garth Brooks is all aw-shucks smiles and wide-eyed excitement, no matter if the song's about knocking back piña coladas or murdering a cheating spouse.

summerwind16
01-26-2008, 05:03 PM
This has to be the most amazing review of a Garth Brooks concert that I have ever read. The writer captured beautifully the magic and miracle of Garth! Bravo!!!

fuzzwuzz55
01-26-2008, 05:23 PM
I experienced the CBS live special in all it's HDTV glory!

Would like to know what Garth said about my fave song "That Summer" and the nostalgia that provoked it. I do really, really like "More Than a Memory" now too! It just fits!! :)

wmcinnis
01-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Great article, thanks!:)
-Susan-

Garth_FANtasizer
01-26-2008, 09:32 PM
Love it! This says it all!

" Rarely has a performer been able to make such an enormous place seem so small and intimate.

But, then, this is Garth Brooks we're talking about here. Even retired – and likely to stay away another decade, no matter how strenuously he declares "I have missed the living hell out of this!" – one basic rule remains regarding his place in post-Strait country: There's Garth, and then there's everyone else."

~Ann~

Monica Lockhart
01-26-2008, 10:53 PM
Great review! I emailed the writer thanking them for the awesome review!

gbfevernorway
01-27-2008, 08:47 AM
Short information on the "Garth Brooks Marathon":

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/reviews/music/la-et-brooks27jan27,1,5260506.story

Maggie526
01-27-2008, 04:16 PM
Fantastic article!! Enjoyed the hat on hat off part.The writer captured al the different Garth's.. . made me feel all the emotions of being at a Live Garth Concert. Best column about Garth I've read in a long time. I e-mailed the author too.

karik
01-28-2008, 05:29 PM
That WAS a great article!!!!!!!

Renegade79
01-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Regarding the OC Register review by Ben. Lucky for Garth that Ben's mother isn't a Garth fan. Ben uses his poison pen to grind an axe at his mother's favorite performer, his mother and her fellow friends/fans. I have no respect for him.