PDA

View Full Version : CBS special

ohiogarthfan
01-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Anyone else in the Eastern Timezone, not getting the concert on CBS, it's 8:10 pm. Or does it start at 9p? Thanks

YouSoundBitter
01-25-2008, 09:10 PM
9pm! 2nite

ohiogarthfan
01-25-2008, 09:11 PM
thanks

BLL
01-25-2008, 09:18 PM
9:00 EST

Garth said on Extra Trisha is with him.

Steven75407
01-25-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm in the Central Time Zone, so the show is on right now, and they said that Huey Lewis will be there too. He opened with Thunder Rolls, then Baton Rouge, followed by More Than A Memory and now he's doing We Shall Be Free.

Garth is wearing all black.

ohiogarthfan
01-25-2008, 10:25 PM
He looks GOOD!!! :P

Steven75407
01-25-2008, 10:36 PM
Now why couldn't we hear Beaches of Cheyenne all the way through? Well, he made up for it when he and Trish united for In Another's Eyes.

Dedic8d2hockey
01-25-2008, 10:40 PM
i hate how we are getting the shaft

Sugar n' Spice
01-25-2008, 11:06 PM
I like how the drum set has the new F.I.R.E. logo!

Zack
01-26-2008, 12:14 AM
Wow....some of you are ungrateful. Seriously, can't we just enjoy that we got a peek at a concert, LIVE.....how often does that happen on broadcast TV for any artist?? Yea, they had to cut out while the show went on...but did you really expect Garth to stop the show for the people in attendence while TV does commercials?? And did you expect CBS to not show commercials??

Man, I just don't get some people. Sorry if this ruffles some feathers, but I feel like I needed to say that.

okiegirl2007
01-26-2008, 12:27 AM
i watched it. :D he did look great. I missed the beginning. He didn't really wanna do the 3rd verse of Thunder rolls. He said "This is the Family channel".
Trisha looked great too. I loved it during the duet with Lewis.

Skywise
01-26-2008, 04:18 AM
the duet w/ HL.. best part of the show.. TY- sounded better than he did on in another's eyes.. (the 3rd verse part was for FILP, not TTR)

could have been better- could have been worse- itwas Garth though, and that's good.. wonder what the next show was/is like tonight?

PJ
01-26-2008, 05:33 AM
10 PM show was so much better! I think Garth loosens up when the cameras turn off. Best encore I've seen yet!

Teach
01-26-2008, 09:34 AM
According to Garth, CBS was paying all production costs. If all production costs are paid, then why is CBS playing commercials. I am not knocking Garth. I am wondering what happens to that commercial money. Is it also going to the fire fund? I saw more commercials than I saw Garth.

Maggie526
01-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Commercials during a concert are annoying .. but I got to see The Man LIVE and he looked Fantastic. The duet with Trisha was so sweet and WFAL with Huey was great!!. I’m thankful for any Garth Live I can get.

DonHouston
01-26-2008, 12:20 PM
What upset me if Numbers was a re-run. Why not televise the entire concert from start to finish with out commercials? I mean with him being live there should have been no commercials. Oh well The man was Awesome as usual

vegitoth
01-26-2008, 12:29 PM
I heard him say that we can see the footage not shown on tv at cbs.com but I can't find anything that says never before seen footage.

GBronx
01-26-2008, 03:57 PM
Wow....some of you are ungrateful. Seriously, can't we just enjoy that we got a peek at a concert, LIVE.....how often does that happen on broadcast TV for any artist?? Yea, they had to cut out while the show went on...but did you really expect Garth to stop the show for the people in attendence while TV does commercials?? And did you expect CBS to not show commercials??

Man, I just don't get some people. Sorry if this ruffles some feathers, but I feel like I needed to say that.

Well said

lucaswynne
01-26-2008, 04:06 PM
I stayed up until 2am to watch this! It ended at 3am here, darn local broadcasting was covering it up!

Anyways, here's my take...

CBS shouldn't have played commercials during the concert, if they want to do something for the fire victims - include more about the fire and flash that number more times. Don't tell me it's a money thing, CBS has plenty of money. And my answer is no, I can't be grateful that there were commercials. I'm never grateful for being advertised to - heck, even the MDA telethon has no commercials! And it's broadcasted on CBS!

They cut out some of Garth's best songs.

There was an apparent audio problem, which I will dub as "CMA Syndrome" haha. It probably sounded better live - they weren't picking up the audio correctly while recording. You could hear a couple squeels of the mic and a couple times Garth started talking to the audio guy, but I forget what he said - I seriously stayed up for 20-something hours to watch it, so I was a bit tired.

The show wasn't as exciting as your usual Garth show - which I fully contribute to the stage. If you want a perfect show, you have to have a perfect stage - but Garth made what he had work to his full advantage.

It was a great show, I just would have liked to see it be a bit longer.

Crazyfan2000
01-26-2008, 05:25 PM
For some stupid reason, I didn't become a "crazy fan" (no pun intended!) until the year after he retired. I've waited 6 long years to see him live and now I have to wait for 6 more until he comes out of retirement!

PicturePerfect
01-26-2008, 06:19 PM
I for one loved the concert and am THRILLED they aired the Trisha part because she was sorely missed at the final performance of the KC Concert series.

People had issues with the KC theatre airing and now some with this one. I do understand it, but for me, they never had to air any of this for me, so I am thrilled. Got to see some of the songs and Trisha... thats way more than I had before b/c I couldn't travel out to LA for it.

So thank you Garth. Awesome show and even with its flaws, I'm sure it was brilliant to be there!

BLL
01-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Hubby watched the concert this morning and commented the sound mix was off on TTR, but they got it sorted pretty quickly. I think they did a great job with what is a tricky task of broadcasting a live event. Well done Jon Small.
Well done Garth.

SenileOkie
01-26-2008, 08:04 PM
I loved what parts I could hear (had a very talkative granddaughter spending the night with me), but at least I got to see all of it...except for the commercials. But believe me, it was MUCH better than nothing so I have no complaints!!