PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Fest in New Orleans

Teach
01-24-2008, 08:15 AM
It was announced this morning that Tim McGraw, Sheryl Crowe, Billy Joel, and Stevie Wonder will be playing at Jazz Fest this year. The Neville Brothers will also close out Jazz Fest for the first time since Katrina. I know my daughters-in-law will both want to go see Tim McGraw.

Jude
01-25-2008, 11:25 AM
Now, I would love to see that. When is it?

Teach
01-25-2008, 03:20 PM
I think you could probably google Jazz Fest in New Orleans and find out more about it.

SoCalGarthFan
01-28-2008, 07:29 PM
WWW.NOJAZZFEST.COM

If you love music, and chilling with about 100-150,000 other music lovers outdoors, then you have to go at least once.

I've been 3 times, and I'm still a newbie. Some people have gone every year for decades. Great food, great music, and great atmosphere.

You won't regret it if you go. But if you want to get a good spot for a headliner like Tim McGraw, you'll have to stake your spot on the field right when they open the gates at 11 AM. It's held on a racetrack, and the main stage overlooks a giant field. Get there too late, and you'll be in what feels like another time zone, so make sure to lay a blanket or chairs out in the late morning, even though Tim won't come on until late afternoon. By then, the field will be packed, and you won't see or hear as much.