PDA

View Full Version : Cracker Barrel Songs of the Year

karik
01-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Has anyone been watching this? It's on GAC. It is basically new artists performing older songs. Josh Gracin did a cover of 'The Dance'. I'm not a big fan of covers of Garth songs, but they didn't change the tune of the words, so I guess you could say it was OK.

Garth did it better :)!

Maggie526
01-11-2008, 03:41 PM
It's not ok with me. I don't want to hear anyone else sing The Dance.

karik
01-11-2008, 11:33 PM
LOL i think some people really bash Garth songs.

BLL
01-12-2008, 12:30 AM
Josh did an okay version..he's just not Garth. Hubby enjoyed the program mostly for the two dresses Mrs Brooks (especially the red/black one) wore during her performances. ;)

kissncry
01-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Josh did an okay version..he's just not Garth. Hubby enjoyed the program mostly for the two dresses Mrs Brooks (especially the red/black one) wore during her performances. ;)

Yup, I know exactly what you mean. Thought my hubby was gonna fog up the TV screen.:p Seriously, though, she did look amazing that night. WOW!!!

Sherry

Skywise
01-12-2008, 01:00 AM
hmm- didnt' see it, but I'm not (usually) too keen on garth covers- not that there can't be a good one (hearing Dan Roberts sing Wolves or The beaches of cheyenne- great songs... along w/ the cowboy song!) but well, THe Dance, it's kinda well sacred... (to me at least) No one does it like garth..

kissncry
01-12-2008, 01:16 AM
Meant to post a link with info about the show from GAC complete with pics. Here we go:

Pics:

http://www.gactv.com/gac/ar_artists_a-z/article/0,,GAC_26071_5273208,00.html

Articles:

http://search.gactv.com/gac/search/search.do?search_type=GAC+Main+Search+Type&query=cracker+barrel+songs+of+the+year

Sherry

Maggie526
01-12-2008, 01:38 PM
but well, THe Dance, it's kinda well sacred... (to me at least) No one does it like garth..[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way Skywise.

lucaswynne
01-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Best cover ever... Kenny Chesney singing Amarillo By Morning...
search for it on youtube.

Steven75407
01-15-2008, 07:42 AM
I think Josh Gracin did a good job of "The Dance," but no one will ever do it like the man from Yukon, Oklahoma who's sold more records than anyone except the Beatles.

gbkubfan
01-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Best cover ever... Kenny Chesney singing Amarillo By Morning...
search for it on youtube.

Kenny did a great job but I thought the guy who sang it for Asleep At The Wheel did a pretty great job. As for cover songs, I don't like a lot of the versions people do of Garth's but I have to say, Garth is one of the best cover artists I have ever heard. He can take someone else's song and make you forget their version.

Maggie526
01-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Kenny did a great job but I thought the guy who sang it for Asleep At The Wheel did a pretty great job. As for cover songs, I don't like a lot of the versions people do of Garth's but I have to say, Garth is one of the best cover artists I have ever heard. He can take someone else's song and make you forget their version.

Yes .. Garth can make you forget... like he did with Shameless :) I would love Garth to make a cover album.
I have always wondered why Garth never put American Pie or You May Be Right on any of His albums since he performed those songs so many times in his concerts.