PDA

View Full Version : Number of Albums sold

garthaholic02
01-11-2008, 12:27 AM
So I'm sitting here on the couch with my boyfriend and we are having a converstation about Garth and how many albums he has sold. He claims that Reba has sold more albums then Garth and insist that he is right. Now I know this last album maybe she has sold more but overall I know for a fact that no one has sold more than Garth, but I can't find the info the back myself up. Any help here guys? I seriously need to prove him wrong on this and links work wonderful. Help!!!

Brett Dale
01-11-2008, 01:12 AM
http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?table=tblTopArt

YouSoundBitter
01-11-2008, 07:49 AM
If I remember without looking it up (to lazy) it was 126 million, well more than Reba. We are NOT allowed to post links or views here on PG though...

gbkubfan
01-11-2008, 12:04 PM
And for RIAA criteria, that means it actually is at 2 million which means it is at 128 plus probably shipped more, so at next certification, he will probably be at 130 or more in sales. Pretty cool. I am wondering if they have the Pink cd totals, if they have released the figures yet or are waiting for it to sell a million or 500,000 copies to make announcement? It will also be interesting to see how well the remastered cds did. Garth gained on the Beatles during the Scoundscan era, outselling them so maybe he does have a realistic chance of catching them.

garthaholic02
01-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Can you believe he still doesn't believe me? He says I know what I know. Well he needs to check himself into the hosiptal because apparently he is having a memory lapse. This might break our relationship. Afterall, garth was my first love. I just can't believe how stubborn he is being. Ladies help!

But thank you guys for the info. I knew it to be true..apparently he is denial!

iriscrazy
01-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Yeah...I'm married to a Reba lover too. (Still love your picture with Garth...wish you could go to LA!!!)

Paula
01-11-2008, 07:49 PM
We are NOT allowed to post links or views here on PG though...I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, but please contact me by PM so we can discuss. There is nothing wrong with posting links; however, links promoting personal websites are not permitted.

Paula

YouSoundBitter
01-12-2008, 07:38 AM
I'm just being now Paula, I guess you could say I'm living up to my screen name, but I understand the rules:-)

Maggie526
01-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Can you believe he still doesn't believe me? He says I know what I know. Well he needs to check himself into the hosiptal because apparently he is having a memory lapse. This might break our relationship. Afterall, garth was my first love. I just can't believe how stubborn he is being. Ladies help!

But thank you guys for the info. I knew it to be true..apparently he is denial!

People helped with your original situation. Your problem now is trying to get a stubborn man to admit he is wrong. I don't think there are any links to help with that :)

YouSoundBitter
01-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Actually, I just noticed that if you go to GarthBrooks.com on the news section, there's an article and GARTH HAS OUT SOLD EVERYONE since soundscan in 91!!! It list the top sellers and 5 of the 10 are country (well Shania is one and I use the word country loosely)

Skywise
01-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Actually, I just noticed that if you go to GarthBrooks.com on the news section, there's an article and GARTH HAS OUT SOLD EVERYONE since soundscan in 91!!! It list the top sellers and 5 of the 10 are country (well Shania is one and I use the word country loosely)

hehe- good point bitter, re: shania.. (loosely put country.. she used to be!)

Garth's far and above reba's #'s.... last update was 126million? cool..