PDA

View Full Version : Garth AND George Jones Jan 17th

Brett Dale
01-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Garth Brooks, George Jones help launch new Crook and Chase show
Wednesday, January 9, 2008 – Garth Brooks and George Jones will kick off the premiere episode of the new Crook and Chase Show, debuting on the RFD-TV Network Jan. 17th at 9 p.m. eastern. Georgette Jones, daughter of Jones and Tammy Wynette, will also entertain the audience with a special performance.

"We wanted to start the new year and the new show with a bang, and I believe we have accomplished that," said co-host Charlie Chase. "Garth and George are two of the most popular and legendary artists in the business. We wanted to set the tone of our new show right off the bat - that we're here to bring the entertainment world's brightest and best into the homes of our viewers - from the legends and superstars to the new up and comers."

"With the special friendship between George and Garth, and the fun relationship Charlie and I have enjoyed with both of them over the years, we are looking forward to sharing an entertaining show with our viewers," said co-host Lorianne Crook.

The weekly one-hour show will be produced by Jim Owens Entertainment and taped in front of a studio audience at Nashville's Opry House in Studio A. The show will premiere Thursday evenings at 9 p.m. eastern and repeat Fridays at 11 a.m. eaastern and again Saturday nights at 7 eastern.

RFD-TV was launched in December 2000 as the nation's first 24-hour-a-day, 7-day-a-week television network dedicated to serving the needs and interests of rural America. Programming includes a wide-variety of shows focused on agriculture, equine, rural lifestyle and traditional music offerings. Currently, RFD-TV is distributed in over 30 million homes on DIRECTV, DISH Network, Mediacom, Charter, Suddenlink, Bresnan, NRTC and NCTC cable systems located in all 50 states. RFD-TV The Magazine, the channel's companion publication claims more than 140,000 subscribers. RFD-TV The Theatre opened in March 2007 in Branson, Mo,

http://www.countrystandardtime.com/news/newsitem.asp?xid=1277

GarthDreamer77
01-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Hey Everyone,

There will also be a special Crook & Chase Show Tomorrow Jan 10th at 9pm - 10pm. :)

November 5, 2007 -- Two of radio and television's most recognizable personalities will be back on the air together when the brand new Crook and Chase Show premieres on RFD-TV January 17, 2008. At the helm of the talk/variety show are broadcast personalities Lorianne Crook and Charlie Chase, who this year are celebrating 25 years in the business, making them the longest running broadcast team currently on the air.

The Crook and Chase Show premiere will be preceded by a one-hour television special, during which the hosts will look back over their 25 years in broadcasting. The retrospective will air January 10th at 9:00 p.m .ET and feature some of the best clips from their two and a half decades in the business.

You can read the rest here:
http://www.crookandchase.com/Pages/CrookandChaseTVShowPressRelease.html

Take Care & God Bless,
~*Kristen*~

Shutrbug72
01-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Oh good grief! I have RFD at home in the cornfields of Illinois but I just left to come back to Massachusetts. FIGURES! Hope someone catches all these and gives us details!

Crook & Chase was hands down the best Country Talk Show and they are sorely missed. So cool that Garth is doing this although I am not surprised at all. :)

Skywise
01-09-2008, 11:01 PM
C&C was a great show- Wish they'd be on a channel that was more broadly available.. it's not available here in Colorado either- unless you're in the mountains, or down south :(

anthonywendover
01-09-2008, 11:24 PM
awesome! i have it up here in NY thank god i have direct tv.. IM glad the show is coming back.. Iv seen it on the rfd tv site.. Rfdtv reminds me of TNN so much.. One of my fav channels.. And not just cause they have Imus on there....

kissncry
01-10-2008, 02:55 AM
If you have DirecTV (like I do), it's channel 379. I'll be sure to have the DVD recorder fired up.

Sherry

rhd13
01-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Anybody know when this is being taped? I live here in Nashville and might be able to go (if it hasn't already taped). Also, does anybody know how to get tickets to the Crook and Chase show?

kissncry
01-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Anybody know when this is being taped? I live here in Nashville and might be able to go (if it hasn't already taped). Also, does anybody know how to get tickets to the Crook and Chase show?

Here is a link with more info:

http://rfdtv.com/Press/Releases/HTML/CrookChaseGuests.asp

Looks like it might tape next Thursday afternoon? Good luck and takes lots of pics to share with us!

Sherry

Paula
01-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Anybody know when this is being taped? I live here in Nashville and might be able to go (if it hasn't already taped). Also, does anybody know how to get tickets to the Crook and Chase show?According to the article Kristen posted,
The weekly one hour show will be produced by Jim Owens Entertainment and taped in front of a studio audience on Wednesdays at Nashville's Opry House in Studio A.I couldn't find anything confirming whether this show has already been taped or will be taped next Wednesday, but my guess is it has already been taped.

For those of you who will be getting this show, don't forget to tune in tonight for their retrospective, which will have an early interview clip with Garth, among others.

I miss Crook & Chase (and the old TNN station) and wish my cable company carried RFD-TV.

Paula

Paula
01-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Looks like it might tape next Thursday afternoon? Good luck and takes lots of pics to share with us!Looks like you found more updated information.

Good luck to anyone trying for tickets and don't forget to come back and tell us all about it.

Paula

kissncry
01-10-2008, 12:09 PM
In case you don't want to dig through the entire article I just posted. Here is the really important stuff.

The premiere episode will tape Thursday January 17th at 3:00 p.m. CT. For ticket information please call: 1-888-677-9256.

Hope this helps.

Sherry

PJ
01-10-2008, 01:07 PM
The premiere episode will tape Thursday January 17th at 3:00 p.m. CT. For ticket information please call: 1-888-677-9256.

This number was to the Opryland Hotel who will be booking packages but they had no information on how to just get show tickets.

kissncry
01-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Here are a couple of other email addys and phone numbers at the bottom of the article. Maybe one of these will work? These area codes are definitely for the Nashville area.

Raquel Gottsch
Director of Public Relations
RFD-TV The Theatre
Office: 615-227-9292
PublicRelations@RFDTV.com

For Jim Owens Entertainment:
Jennifer Bohler/Alliance
615-292-5804
jenny@jb-alliance.com

Sherry

shmlss4gb
01-10-2008, 01:53 PM
I don't get this channel. Is anyone willing to make me a copy? PM or email me.

Thanks!
Terri

Paula
01-10-2008, 07:53 PM
I just had a thought. Since Garth is going to be in town anyway, if his portion is in fact being taped next Thursday, I wonder if he'll stick around for his buddy Charlie Daniels' induction in the Opry that weekend. Even better, I wonder if he'll be a surprise performer.

Paula

GarthDreamer77
01-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Hey Everyone,

Did anyone catch the special last night? If so what all was said about Garth and what did they show? Thanks for your help. :)

Take Care & God Bless,
~*Kristen*~

Teresa Morris
01-13-2008, 03:02 AM
dont know if n e of yall have this info or not.

previous calls to the provided #'s have been aggravating and with no luck but things are straightened out as of today.

u do NOT have to purchase a "package deal" to get tix.

call 1-888-677-9256 and if ur operator aint gotta clue...bless their hearts ;-) tell them they will have to look for a promo code in their system.

it should pull up the info then for the tixs and taping info.

tix are basically "free" and you are only charged a handling fee of $4.00 per ticket and there is a 4 tix limit.

good luck and hope to see some of yall there!

Teresa

(who will swear til the day she dies....she really is clueless...dont know a thang...notta bout nuttin...so don't be askin me how i know this cause i know someone will ask and as always....i aint tellin)

Teresa Morris
01-13-2008, 03:03 AM
Hey Everyone,

Did anyone catch the special last night? If so what all was said about Garth and what did they show? Thanks for your help. :)

Take Care & God Bless,
~*Kristen*~

i saw me and garth on there...ahhhhhhhh memories!!!

PJ
01-13-2008, 03:16 PM
What special did we miss?

Paula
01-13-2008, 10:20 PM
What special did we miss?

The Crook and Chase Show premiere will be preceded by a one-hour television special, during which the hosts will look back over their 25 years in broadcasting. The retrospective will air January 10th at 9:00 p.m .ET and feature some of the best clips from their two and a half decades in the business.Paula

Angels4BobSeger
01-13-2008, 11:15 PM
I missed this too. And I have Directv.
Can Dish Network get that channel also?
I was just wondering.

Sandy

BLL
01-14-2008, 04:54 PM
According to the link in post #8, yes.

rhd13
01-16-2008, 09:52 AM
I wasn't able to get tickets to the Crook and Chase taping. If anyone has an extra, let me know and I will pay the $4.00 for it. Also, I was wondering if anyone is going to attempt to wait out back behind the Opry to see if we might get lucky and see him. Didn't they block the road behind the Opry off even to foot traffic? It has been several years since I've been back there. Anyone with good info let me know. Maybe I will see you there.

Trishy
01-17-2008, 11:31 AM
I've got an extra ticket, it might be too late.... I'll be there around 2:oo pm wearing a black coat, and I have long dark brown hair. If you see me I'll give you my extra ticket.

Trishy

rhd13
01-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Where would you like to meet and what time? I'm planning on being there.

Sugar n' Spice
01-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Since I'm at work and I can't check on my TV -- I looked on the TV Guide web site which says for DISH Network C & C will be on ch. 231 or 9409 -- I'm hoping that one of those will work and I can catch the show tonight!

Mr_Sevens
01-18-2008, 12:05 AM
Saw the show tonight! Crook and Chase talked for a few minutes and brought Garth right out to sing "More Than A Memory"

It was great of course.

Then they sat with him and talked awhile about a ton of stuff. Very fun to watch.

anthonywendover
01-18-2008, 12:12 AM
iv always found it funny how he acts around george jones.. Like a little kid around a mall santa :)

YouSoundBitter
01-18-2008, 07:33 AM
What'd they talk about? I didn't get that channel....

kissncry
01-18-2008, 09:09 AM
Not a lot of news there. Mostly chatted about Garth's new domestic life, i.e. how to put on a pillow case and the challenge of trying to fold a fitted sheet. I did have to giggle when he called himself "Gartha Stewart" :-D Then they let Garth introduce George Jones after talking about what a fan he was and how George thought GB was stuck up for ducking him a few times ( out of nerves). Briefly mentioned the LA shows, but no news there either. He only hung around for about the first fifteen minutes of the show. Had to fly back to OK cuz of the young'uns.

Sherry

Maggie526
01-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Gartha Stewart :)
Thanks for the info Sherry